talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Rodwell on Trial at Watford

He's finally put Sunderland out of their misery by agreeing to the release of his contract. 

He's already being heavily linked to the MLS, which I'm quite surprised about. You could understand say Tramnere Rovers thinking: "lives near, has a point to prove, let's see if he will take a six month contract on low pay to establish a reputation again", but exactly what team in a growing league is going to turn round in their board room meeting and say: "You know what, I've got it! Jack Rodwell is going to be the saviour to all our problems!".

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think the MLS is all that great at all. And Rodwell clearly isn't, so I don't blame him for wanting to make a move abroad to test himself. And it's somewhere he can't get relegated!

It isn't tbh, I look at it the same way I do the A-League, beeeen Championship and League One level with the odd talented player above that level thrown in.

Just now, Danny said:

It isn't tbh, I look at it the same way I do the A-League, beeeen Championship and League One level with the odd talented player above that level thrown in.

Yeah 100% agree with that, although it might be a bit harsh on Championship sides. At least the top half of the championship.

On 28/06/2018 at 02:16, The Palace Fan said:

He's finally put Sunderland out of their misery by agreeing to the release of his contract. 

He's already being heavily linked to the MLS, which I'm quite surprised about. You could understand say Tramnere Rovers thinking: "lives near, has a point to prove, let's see if he will take a six month contract on low pay to establish a reputation again", but exactly what team in a growing league is going to turn round in their board room meeting and say: "You know what, I've got it! Jack Rodwell is going to be the saviour to all our problems!".

If it’s taken at least a year for him to agree to cancel his contract (from what I’ve read, he’s just been paid up and told to go), what makes you think he’d accept a drop to League Two?

He absolutely stinks of the MLS or Australia. I doubt we’ll see him again on these shores and he should be the poster child for not moving to the wrong club. 

5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

If it’s taken at least a year for him to agree to cancel his contract (from what I’ve read, he’s just been paid up and told to go), what makes you think he’d accept a drop to League Two?

He absolutely stinks of the MLS or Australia. I doubt we’ll see him again on these shores and he should be the poster child for not moving to the wrong club. 

Local club (I believe), looking to restore a reputation, money no object for the next six months, and of course the false optimism on my behalf that he may want to be remembered for something else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

They need to hit their quota of sixteen signings a year I imagine.

but Rodwell hasn't played for Udinese or Granada?!

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

In five years time you’re gunna watch Premier League Years see his name and think “where did he end up?”, so you end up Googling him only to find he’s playing third tier US Soccer for the Cincinnati Blowjobs.

See also; Nigel Reo-Coker, Emmanuel Frimpong.  

I saw Nigel Reo-Coker outside a pub in Croydon a couple of years back wearing a white vest that looked like it had chicken and beer stains down it. His demise was pretty extroadanary.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

In five years time you’re gunna watch Premier League Years see his name and think “where did he end up?”, so you end up Googling him only to find he’s playing third tier US Soccer for the Cincinnati Blowjobs.

See also; Nigel Reo-Coker, Emmanuel Frimpong.  

xD.

Didn't Reo-Coker get an England cap or two? Weird case that one.

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

He used to post on TFF as well saying West Ham will win the league.

What Nigel reo-coker

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I saw Nigel Reo-Coker outside a pub in Croydon a couple of years back wearing a white vest that looked like it had chicken and beer stains down it. His demise was pretty extroadanary.

Bet he still shags a few stunners. I saw Scott Murray a few years ago who uses to play for Bristol city in a  dingy pub in Bristol. He's the kit man now and a coke head but he was still shagging this stunning girl

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived