talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Non-League Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fucking hell Wrexham. Could have made that win a little easier. xD

Lead 2-0 against already relegated Dover, conceded 5 to make it 5-2 to Dover, Wrexham equalise in the 91st minute to make it 5-5 and then score the winner in the 98th minute.

End score - 6-5 to Wrexham

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fucking hell Wrexham. Could have made that win a little easier. xD

Lead 2-0 against already relegated Dover, conceded 5 to make it 5-2 to Dover, Wrexham equalise in the 91st minute to make it 5-5 and then score the winner in the 98th minute.

End score - 6-5 to Wrexham

Saw the scores flood through. How did Wrexham pluck that out xD. BT bet they're wishing they chose that game instead of Notts County vs Chesterfield. 

• Subscriber

A really good win for Grimsby against Chesterfield away from home. To win 4-1 against a fellow promotion chasing team will be huge for us and we remain in the play off places as a result. Some cracking goals by us too - at least 2 goal of the season contenders.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
16 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

After 116 years of league football, Oldham drop to non-league football.

I remember them in the prem. How times change.

First PL club to be relegated outside of the EFL I heard yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Grimsby can secure a play off place with a win tonight. I really hope we do, and it would be great to get through the semi final, get to Wembley and hopefully be back in the Football League at first attempt. We are good enough to get promoted and I feel if we don't go up, we might struggle a little next season. We've got the momentum this season, whereas next time I don't think we will as much.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Through to the semi finals of the Play Offs now after beating Notts County last night. The BT Sport coverage was so biased towards Notts County so I was thrilled we proved them all wrong. Onto Wrexham on Saturday now where no doubt the coverage will be a wankfest over Ryan Reynold's lot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Through to the semi finals of the Play Offs now after beating Notts County last night. The BT Sport coverage was so biased towards Notts County so I was thrilled we proved them all wrong. Onto Wrexham on Saturday now where no doubt the coverage will be a wankfest over Ryan Reynold's lot.

I watched extra time. Non league football can be great to watch sometimes. Because the players cant close down so fast it seems to flow more sometimes 

• Subscriber

Half time against Wrexham. The BT Sport bias is in full force. It's 1-1 at the break and we've looked strong. Wrexham players spent more time on the deck than on the ball so we've got to keep an eye on that as they look to throw themselves into an advantage.

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Half time against Wrexham. The BT Sport bias is in full force. It's 1-1 at the break and we've looked strong. Wrexham players spent more time on the deck than on the ball so we've got to keep an eye on that as they look to throw themselves into an advantage.

You must be over the moon. 5-4 win and scoring the winner in the 119th minute.

• Subscriber

What a fucking result. That was an insane second half and extra time. I wouldn't have been upset if Wrexham won it. Both teams were great. Onto the London Stadium next weekend for the final now! 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Pyfish said:

A lot of Grimsby and Solihull fans not happy about the £40 cost for a final ticket. I'll happily pay it if I can get there.

How much of a jump is that from a standard home ticket for Grimsby? I'm guessing you're talking between £10-15?

It is a bit sad because making the price cheaper means you're more likely to get the 'casuals' in also that may not support the clubs but have an interest in both clubs because they are from/live there.

Hopefully it draws in a big crowd. Just a shame they picked West Ham as the venue and not maybe the new Spurs stadium or even the Emirates.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Lucas said:

How much of a jump is that from a standard home ticket for Grimsby? I'm guessing you're talking between £10-15?

It is a bit sad because making the price cheaper means you're more likely to get the 'casuals' in also that may not support the clubs but have an interest in both clubs because they are from/live there.

Hopefully it draws in a big crowd. Just a shame they picked West Ham as the venue and not maybe the new Spurs stadium or even the Emirates.

£20-£25 on average for a normal home game. Our fans have been immense though and raised a hell of a lot of money to buy tickets for those who couldn't afford it.

Agreed! Never been to the London Stadium so will be a new one for me but would have preferred Spurs or Emirates as you say!