• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Ramadan Mubarak

Recommended Posts

To everyone who is fasting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

To everyone who is fasting.

Yes. 

I did it last year, and it's a very enlightening journey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yes. 

I did it last year, and it's a very enlightening journey. 

How?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

How?

How did I do it? 

How did I find it enlightening? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eco said:

How did I do it? 

How did I find it enlightening? 

How did you find it enlightening. And yea, how did you do it? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

How did you find it enlightening. And yea, how did you do it? :D

Haha - 

Well, for someone like myself that never had to deal with true hunger or thirst, I found it enlightening on how to focus the mind on the gifts that I had so that I wasn't constantly thinking about how hungry I was. It was a really cool experience that I shared with a few of my Muslim friends. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Ramadan.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Eco said:

Haha - 

Well, for someone like myself that never had to deal with true hunger or thirst, I found it enlightening on how to focus the mind on the gifts that I had so that I wasn't constantly thinking about how hungry I was. It was a really cool experience that I shared with a few of my Muslim friends. 

Hmm okay, I get that. Most of the time in the first world we seem to eat out of boredom or because we want something tasty. I guess very few of us experienced "real hunger". 

 

I wouldn't do it because some fiction tells me to though :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Hmm okay, I get that. Most of the time in the first world we seem to eat out of boredom or because we want something tasty. I guess very few of us experienced "real hunger". 

 

I wouldn't do it because some fiction tells me to though :ph34r:

Ha - if you read the Quran, and enjoy learning about religion, it's absolutely a fascinating book. 

I had friends doing it which is what led me to do it, but I'm by no means a Muslim nor do I believe the Quran is 100% accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eco said:

Ha - if you read the Quran, and enjoy learning about religion, it's absolutely a fascinating book. 

I had friends doing it which is what led me to do it, but I'm by no means a Muslim nor do I believe the Quran is 100% accurate. 

No offense, but I have no desire to learn about any religion. They're cults to me, and I rather read something that entertains me or teaches me something. I've never read any religious book. What I hear from Buddhism sounds at least somewhat acceptable to me. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

No offense, but I have no desire to learn about any religion. They're cults to me, and I rather read something that entertains me or teaches me something. I've never read any religious book. What I hear from Buddhism sounds at least somewhat acceptable to me. 

Ha - well let me know if you have any questions, as I was Buddhist for the better part of a decade. 

I find religion fascinating as it's the cause of so many struggles and wars, and quite honesty, I have studied it because of what it did to my family. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What I hear from Buddhism sounds at least somewhat acceptable to me. 

I have a soft spot for it and in its essence it's great... but mostly only in theory. In practice, it suffers from the same trappings as any other organised religion, with masses of followers with a bunch of village superstitions just going to the temple regularly and performing mindless rituals and participating in ceremonies and "merit-making" while not actually practising what the they preach in their daily lives; while a few others use it to take advantage of blind belief and ignorance for their own benefit. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nudge said:

while not actually practising what the they preach in their daily lives; 

That is so true in case of Muslims with Ramadan, Muslim's don't eat that much food in whole year that they eat in Ramadan xD I mean there are shit loads of Iftar Parties every where, fasting and partying how can they even be put together :dam:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2019 at 11:31, Azeem said:

That is so true in case of Muslims with Ramadan, Muslim's don't eat that much food in whole year that they eat in Ramadan xD I mean there are shit loads of Iftar Parties every where, fasting and partying how can they even be put together :dam:

Hunger my friend hunger that's how they get paired.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2019 at 11:31, Azeem said:

That is so true in case of Muslims with Ramadan, Muslim's don't eat that much food in whole year that they eat in Ramadan xD I mean there are shit loads of Iftar Parties every where, fasting and partying how can they even be put together :dam:

I agree on the wastage bit, but going to Iftar parties is amazing. The food is great. I especially binge on kheer, which are thicker than the ones we make. 

And, Ramadan Mubarak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement