• Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eco said:

How did I do it? 

How did I find it enlightening? 

How did you find it enlightening. And yea, how did you do it? :D

41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

How did you find it enlightening. And yea, how did you do it? :D

Haha - 

Well, for someone like myself that never had to deal with true hunger or thirst, I found it enlightening on how to focus the mind on the gifts that I had so that I wasn't constantly thinking about how hungry I was. It was a really cool experience that I shared with a few of my Muslim friends. 

56 minutes ago, Eco said:

Haha - 

Well, for someone like myself that never had to deal with true hunger or thirst, I found it enlightening on how to focus the mind on the gifts that I had so that I wasn't constantly thinking about how hungry I was. It was a really cool experience that I shared with a few of my Muslim friends. 

Hmm okay, I get that. Most of the time in the first world we seem to eat out of boredom or because we want something tasty. I guess very few of us experienced "real hunger". 

I wouldn't do it because some fiction tells me to though :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Hmm okay, I get that. Most of the time in the first world we seem to eat out of boredom or because we want something tasty. I guess very few of us experienced "real hunger". 

I wouldn't do it because some fiction tells me to though :ph34r:

Ha - if you read the Quran, and enjoy learning about religion, it's absolutely a fascinating book. 

I had friends doing it which is what led me to do it, but I'm by no means a Muslim nor do I believe the Quran is 100% accurate. 

Just now, Eco said:

Ha - if you read the Quran, and enjoy learning about religion, it's absolutely a fascinating book. 

I had friends doing it which is what led me to do it, but I'm by no means a Muslim nor do I believe the Quran is 100% accurate. 

No offense, but I have no desire to learn about any religion. They're cults to me, and I rather read something that entertains me or teaches me something. I've never read any religious book. What I hear from Buddhism sounds at least somewhat acceptable to me. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

No offense, but I have no desire to learn about any religion. They're cults to me, and I rather read something that entertains me or teaches me something. I've never read any religious book. What I hear from Buddhism sounds at least somewhat acceptable to me. 

Ha - well let me know if you have any questions, as I was Buddhist for the better part of a decade. 

I find religion fascinating as it's the cause of so many struggles and wars, and quite honesty, I have studied it because of what it did to my family. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What I hear from Buddhism sounds at least somewhat acceptable to me. 

I have a soft spot for it and in its essence it's great... but mostly only in theory. In practice, it suffers from the same trappings as any other organised religion, with masses of followers with a bunch of village superstitions just going to the temple regularly and performing mindless rituals and participating in ceremonies and "merit-making" while not actually practising what the they preach in their daily lives; while a few others use it to take advantage of blind belief and ignorance for their own benefit. 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

while not actually practising what the they preach in their daily lives; 

That is so true in case of Muslims with Ramadan, Muslim's don't eat that much food in whole year that they eat in Ramadan xD I mean there are shit loads of Iftar Parties every where, fasting and partying how can they even be put together :dam:

• Subscriber
On 07/05/2019 at 11:31, Azeem said:

That is so true in case of Muslims with Ramadan, Muslim's don't eat that much food in whole year that they eat in Ramadan xD I mean there are shit loads of Iftar Parties every where, fasting and partying how can they even be put together :dam:

Hunger my friend hunger that's how they get paired.

On 07/05/2019 at 11:31, Azeem said:

I agree on the wastage bit, but going to Iftar parties is amazing. The food is great. I especially binge on kheer, which are thicker than the ones we make. 

And, Ramadan Mubarak. 

Archived