Monday 13th May, 2019
Forest Green vs Tranmere, 19.45

FINAL
Saturday 25th May, 2019
Venue - Wembley, 3pm

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a decent job this year, Forest Green or Newport up would be mental given that I think everyone would have had them back in the Conference before reaching League 1. Would be especially good for the former given their relatively tiny set up and the latter with their dismal past few decades. Other two would also be good, Tranmere for two successive promotions back to their old stomping ground and Mansfield for some new blood after a superb year.

Would favour the victor of Mansfield v. Newport to go up, but then again I am shite at predictions!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Newport clear two off the line in succession just before the end of the first half of extra time. 

Not sure if anyone else is watching this but this match should not be 0-0. xD

Yep! Have watched since half-way through 2nd half and there's been so many chances.

One of the better 0-0s I've seen recently!

Looks destined to be penalties with how each side is defending/missing chances.

• Administrator

Newport win on penalties!

For all the lack of goals in normal time and extra time, all but two penalties were scored.

Good luck to Newport in the finals!

• Administrator
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Newport win 5-3 on pens and go to the play off final. 

Best pen has to be Benning's. xD

Was that the one that hit the post, keeper and then in?!

On 06/05/2019 at 17:15, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Hoping that Newport can go all the way and get promotion. 

Do Cardiff get on with Newport? Know the rivalry is with Swansea but judging by this and what I have seen on Twitter it seems a lot of Bluebirds are rooting for Newport, even talk by some of them heading to Wembley with them.

2 hours ago, tlr said:

Do Cardiff get on with Newport? Know the rivalry is with Swansea but judging by this and what I have seen on Twitter it seems a lot of Bluebirds are rooting for Newport, even talk by some of them heading to Wembley with them.

Not really. In fact, I was told that it was on par with Swansea in terms of rivalry. xD

It's mainly a mixture of two things really. 

1. Newport went under 30 years ago and after a long time getting back to where they were, it's good to see them have a chance of getting to League One. 

2. Just seeing another Welsh club do well after Wrexham were relegated to non league. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Forest Green Rovers take the lead. 1-0 on the night and 1-1 on aggregate. 

Shit goalkeeping doesn't help mind. 

Shit marking as well. Caprice was too late in tracking Mills' run.

@Toinho might be interested to hear it was one Perth's former players who got the goal...

• Administrator

Winchester sent off for Forest Green.

Don Goodman says 'only send a player of only if you have to'.

Can 100% bet that if referee was lenient and didn't send him off, he'd be saying the opposite like 'it was a 2nd booking, he should be off'

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hmm mixed feelings about that. I like Tranmere, I don't like Mike Dean.

He's just a fan at the end of the day really. Take away his refereeing side and he's allowed to support as he so wishes just like any other fan.

Just now, Stan said:

He's just a fan at the end of the day really. Take away his refereeing side and he's allowed to support as he so wishes just like any other fan.

Yeah he's entitled to support a side and be happy. I just don't like the thought of him being happy.

• Subscriber

1501930079_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.7b7ffb54688c6e90b0ff383b1c437cf4.png

Referee Mike Dean goes viral celebrating Tranmere's win

download.thumb.png.75bee46054ba0b01fffbcae7b6209edf.png

IT was a night to remember for Tranmere Rovers fans. 

But one supporter in particular quickly went viral.

As the cameras swung to the stands to film the celebrations, many viewers asked themselves: 'Doesn't that guy standing on his seat look a lot like the referee Mike Dean?'

Twitter quickly confirmed they were correct with one video already clocking up one million views. 

James Norwood struck his 32nd goal of the season to help take Tranmere to Wembley for the Sky Bet League Two play-off final against Newport.

A header from Forest Green skipper Joseph Mills after just 13 minutes cancelled out Ollie Banks' cracker from the first leg.

However it was Norwood's goal after 27 minutes which proved decisive, earning a 1-1 draw on the night and a 2-1 victory on aggregate, while the hosts had Carl Winchester sent off midway through the second half.

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/17637949.referee-mike-dean-goes-viral-celebrating-tranmeres-win/

• The title was changed to League Two 2018/19 Play-offs
  • The topic was pinned
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to League Two 2018/19 Play-offs - Tranmere Promoted
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived