talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Big Middle Eastern Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Have Hamas leadership really fled from Qatar to Turkey? I’d have imagined they’d have gone to Iran.

I feel like it’d be easier for Mossad to get them in Turkey.

Considering the political climate surrounding it all now I think Mossad wouldn't want to start anything with them being in Turkey. 

Quite a few journalists specially from Al Jazeera have been killed. Reminder that Al Jazeera are known for their prolific embedded journalism in conflict zones around the world since their inception. During the U.S invasion of Iraq, Al Jazeera journalists covered so many atrocities it was hurting PR, Bush wanted to bomb the Al Jazeera HQs but Blair talked him out of it. 

07-DDDB10-EBD0-4547-BD89-921-D69-BB7291.

5 hours ago, MUFC said:

The genocide has now shifted to killing their own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67732895

Yeah, even if those 3 were Hamas combatants - that would have been a textbook war crime to shoot someone unarmed and surrendering. Instead they’ve shot 3 of the hostages.

The IDF has got a serious problem with restraint and so many Israelis or pro-Israelis have a serious problem with viewing Palestinian civilians as human. 

If you’ve looked at any of the IDF footage of the combat, you will see lots of GoPro videos of IDF soldiers seeming very jumpy and very quick to pull the trigger, a lot of soldiers aren’t following the rules of engagement and are firing first and worrying about what they’ve shot after the fact. So I’m not really surprised by this.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you’ve looked at any of the IDF footage of the combat, you will see lots of GoPro videos of IDF soldiers seeming very jumpy and very quick to pull the trigger, a lot of soldiers aren’t following the rules of engagement and are firing first and worrying about what they’ve shot after the fact. So I’m not really surprised by this.

America: If it's in our engagement shoot. If not then maybe if anyone isn't watching

Russia: Shoot, ask questions later

Israel: Just shoot ! questioning is antisemitic

Yemen doing some good work. Rumours are that a peace deal between Yemen and Saudi Arabia is possible but the US is trying to make sure that doesn't happen.

US foreign policy genuinely is the biggest poison in international politics.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Yemen doing some good work.

Lol literally praising the Houthis stopping international shipping lanes.

By the way, the Houthis aren't really the government of Yemen - there's been a ceasefire but the "legitimate" government of the country is very much at question. There's the internationally recognised government of Yemen, which is a Saudi puppet. And then there's the Houthis, who are a Iranian proxy group... so an Iranian puppet. While these are the belligerents of the Yemeni civil war, there's a good case to be made that neither is a legitimate government for Yemen.

Yemenis deserve the right to self determination rather than have their country be a battleground between two despicable regimes.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol literally praising the Houthis stopping international shipping lanes.

Oh no.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yemenis deserve the right to self determination rather than have their country be a battleground between two despicable regimes.

That part I agree with.

Them fucking with Nazi Israel is top notch stuff though and should be praised.

Houthis are indeed an Iranian proxy but  they are a lot more 'indigenous' one can say than many other proxies. They are genuine North Yemeni folks whose cause started long before in 60s. 

UAE Saudi have pulled out of the coalition understandably so. The passions in Muzlamic world are high, these two have been starving Yemen for years through a blockade but quickly come to solve a blockade when it's Israel being affected ? obviously is gonna give traitory vibes. Also don't want their oil fields pounded which Houthis have shown they are capable of before. But hard to see anything being done without these two really.

Ngl I'm ok to show the world by a blockade why this can't be going on forever. Prisoners of Geography. Europe may have created Israel at the crossroads of major trade routes since eons but if they want to give it unlimited leash then also expect they will get the most fucked. Imagine if Iran also blockades Hormuz at this point.

Last time Shah Faisal of KSA did an oil embargo over Israeli atrocities in Palestine it was choas in Europe. Kissinger tried to browbeat Faisal but he replied we lived in tents and ate dates for thousands of years, we can always go back to that how will you survive without oil ? This is 100% true people were fighting pulling guns over toilet papers let's not think of a global food shortage. 

Came across a qoute from Mohamed Iqbal – national poet of Pakistan – in one of his letters when the situation in Palestine was developing. Accurately describes where the world is likely to headed. 

" The formation of a Western base at the very gates of East is a menace to both "

20 hours ago, 6666 said:

Oh no.

Yeah I mean at least you're ideologically consistent. I'm sure it won't be long before you twerk for Khamenei. 

14 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Last time Shah Faisal of KSA did an oil embargo over Israeli atrocities in Palestine it was choas in Europe. Kissinger tried to browbeat Faisal but he replied we lived in tents and ate dates for thousands of years, we can always go back to that how will you survive without oil ? This is 100% true people were fighting pulling guns over toilet papers let's not think of a global food shortage.

I don't think Faisal's statement is true of modern day Saudi Arabia, tbh. You don't have generations of people getting increasingly cushier lives built off the back of oil suddenly willing to give up living these cushier lives to go back to living in tents and eating lizards. The stability of the house of Saud ruling the country depends on their ability to not piss off everyone living there all at once - so they'll keep treading the fine line between voicing support for Palestine while also doing what they can to keep the oil flowing.

Faisal might have cared about things like "Arab unity" and the idea of "the Arab state" - I don't think MBS does, or if he does... I don't think he cares about it as much as he cares about money and power.

The only thing that'll force Israel's hand to show more restraint is international pressure being put on Israel by its allies & Israelis demanding accountability from their government, imo. The rising civilian death count has already brought about a change in public statements from the UK and we're seeing divisions in Biden's administration with some members of his staff calling for a ceasefire & a split between Biden & Haris over the support given to Israel.

The whole world should be calling for a return to following international laws & a return to the internationally recognised borders.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I mean at least you're ideologically consistent.

Yep. No "good guys" so I'll judge situations on a case by case basis rather than blindly follow or blindly discredit based on names. Or throw a blanket over things and judge things by if they're "US backed" or "Iran backed"... It's a much smarter and less naive way of looking at things in my opinion.

14 hours ago, 6666 said:

Yep. No "good guys" so I'll judge situations on a case by case basis rather than blindly follow or blindly discredit based on names. Or throw a blanket over things and judge things by if they're "US backed" or "Iran backed"... It's a much smarter and less naive way of looking at things in my opinion.

Lol your “case by case” basis is: do these human rights abusers hate the human rights abusers I hate?

“No good guys, but I’ve taken a side in a conflict between two human rights abusers so I’ve clearly decided one side is good.”

Alright you’ve lost me on “at least your ideologically consistent”

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol your “case by case” basis is: do these human rights abusers hate the human rights abusers I hate?

“No good guys, but I’ve taken a side in a conflict between two human rights abusers so I’ve clearly decided one side is good.”

Alright you’ve lost me on “at least your ideologically consistent”

What I said really isn't that complicated but you're making it out to be just so you can pretend you're taking the right stance.

If they're doing something good, I'll say they're doing something good. If they're doing something bad, I'll say they're doing something bad. Not that complicated.

Just now, 6666 said:

What I said really isn't that complicated but you're making it out to be just so you can pretend you're taking the right stance.

If they're doing something good, I'll say they're doing something good. If they're doing something bad, I'll say they're doing something bad. Not that complicated.

What you said wasn’t complicated. It’s just fucking stupid. If you recall, it’s not too many posts ago you conflated the Houthis with the whole of Yemen.

The Houthis are awful people, you’re just praising them because they’re attacking the right people” in your eyes.

Propaganda is wild, no sane person should sit by and praise the Houthis for involving their civil war ravaged country - that’s suffered its own genocide at the hands of the US & Saudi Arabia - in this conflict.

It’s also insane that nobody gave a fuck about Yemen for years but now they’ve gotten themselves involved in this stupid conflict so the pro-Palestinian crowd love the Houthis now.

What a world!