talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Big Middle Eastern Thread

football forum

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He doesn’t view any Israeli as a civilian. Even babies are fair game in his eyes.

You just can't stop lying. Says a lot about you. Then you act like the balanced voice of reason. Clown.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

You just can't stop lying. Says a lot about you. Then you act like the balanced voice of reason. Clown.

Honestly mate why don’t you stick to what you’re best at and defend animal abuse instead of worry about things you don’t understand 

• Upvote 1

Meanwhile, I now have to worry about if Israel’s response to this drone attack means my nan might have bombs drop on her.

Thanks a lot Khamenei - you’ve got first hand evidence from your proxies on how Israel fights wars and you want to bring that to Iran’s doorstep? Absolute shithead, as if starving the country to funnel all that oil money on this stupid war was bad enough. Now he wants to risk a war with the US and Israel.

Guess he’s really betting on a war being a distraction from people taking to the streets demanding basic human rights again.

I heard that France, US, UK, Jordan have all launched counter measures to intercept incoming drones.   There was also an explosion at an Iranian power plant,  it may have been a American cruise missile strike.   Sleepy Joe will be at war tomorrow.    

So far nothing has hit but it is believed that their will be 4 waves of attacks. 

52 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Who said it was okay? I said it was like a slave rebellion. Meaning it was brutal and that the anger of the oppressed is the fault of the oppressor. Said that from the start. My beef is with IDF soldiers, Israeli settlers, and the Israeli government. I've not wavered from that despite what people acting in bad faith are trying to twist things into.

You are saying that it is okay by comparing it to a slave rebellion, that is; giving them the moral justification to pursue their self determination through any means necessary. 

You are also saying that Hamas is absolved of their own agency as they are the oppressed, and that any civilian death’s are caused by Israel. 

If you believe that the oppressed have moral justification for any means necessary at achieving their own self determination just admit it, otherwise everything you say is just cowardly hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 1

Jordan reported wayward strikes in Jordan killing civilians, well done Iran.  In the Negev a Bedouin child was injured 

There is no better image than Israeli air defences intercepting missles over the dome of the rock.   I would not be surprised if some palastinians die as a result of Iranian wayward strikes.

Apparently Hamas want to sign a truce, then hours later Iran goes full mental breakdown.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Meanwhile, I now have to worry about if Israel’s response to this drone attack means my nan might have bombs drop on her.

Thanks a lot Khamenei - you’ve got first hand evidence from your proxies on how Israel fights wars and you want to bring that to Iran’s doorstep? Absolute shithead, as if starving the country to funnel all that oil money on this stupid war was bad enough. Now he wants to risk a war with the US and Israel.

Guess he’s really betting on a war being a distraction from people taking to the streets demanding basic human rights again.

Hope your nan is safe, I think she will be safe as I don't think Israel would target Iran civilians Center's due to the support Iranians have for Isreal, I can see strategic targets hit, fuel depots, refineries, weapons factories etc

My family in Tel Aviv have gone inter bomb shelters for the night, it's surreal having teams conversations then the air raid sirens go off.   

There are still protestors in Tel Aviv acting rather negligent with their lives.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Hope your nan is safe, I think she will be safe as I don't think Israel would target Iran civilians Center's due to the support Iranians have for Isreal, I can see strategic targets hit, fuel depots, refineries, weapons factories etc

Thanks. I’m optimistic as well but you never know with escalations in a conflict different to anything we’ve seen in the conflict before.

I hope it doesn’t spill over into a full blown regional war.

UK & US helping intercept missiles. Strange. I thought they weren't capable of doing anything... Anyway, people hoping they get involved and help Israel attack Iran are psychotic. Obviously these idiots will suggest it's Iran that widened this war rather than Israel but reality is there and it doesn't support them.

Unfortunately this has very little to do with Israel committing genocide. If they stop bringing bigger enemies into this, they'd be allowed to starve and murder Palestinians without getting disturbed. The US & UK will obviously be desperate to make things worse as usual.

Israel crying about Iran being a threat to global peace. Can't make this up. All of a sudden they want the UN to step in. Thought the UN was Hamas...? Wouldn't be a bad idea if they did finally show they're competent and not completely pointless though. Would the better than the US stepping in.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly mate why don’t you stick to what you’re best at and defend animal abuse instead of worry about things you don’t understand 

I'm assuming this is about Zouma kicking his cat where I said he was an idiot but people are being dumb suggesting he's gonna become a serial killer... Obviously you have to lie about what that was because I didn't match your hyperbole.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

You are saying that it is okay by comparing it to a slave rebellion, that is; giving them the moral justification to pursue their self determination through any means necessary. 

You are also saying that Hamas is absolved of their own agency as they are the oppressed, and that any civilian death’s are caused by Israel. 

If you believe that the oppressed have moral justification for any means necessary at achieving their own self determination just admit it, otherwise everything you say is just cowardly hypocrisy. 

Thinking the oppressed have the right to fight for their freedom isn't the same as being okay with innocents dying. The blame for those innocents dying is laid at the feet of the oppressors. That's not "those people deserved it". That's "Israel caused this to happen". No hypocrisy here.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Depends how you define fire first. Iran and Israel have been in a Cold War for decades now. Hamas is a proxy of Iran & Qatar, but Hezbollah is a distinctly Iranian proxy that the IRGC basically has total control over.

Like with Israel v Hamas, there’s no real “good guys” in a war with Iran & Israel. Just a lot of unwilling participants for a war that really only suits the 2 terrible leaders of the two countries.

I agree they've been at loggerheads for years but I think the timing last week with everything that's going on was on the stupid side.  I'm no expert on Iran if being honest but I have read up a bit on the Shah getting overthrown. I've seen videos of Iran under the Shah and the beaches were full. You got to see so many peoples feet.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Israel crying about Iran being a threat to global peace. Can't make this up. All of a sudden they want the UN to step in. Thought the UN was Hamas...? Wouldn't be a bad idea if they did finally show they're competent and not completely pointless though. Would the better than the US stepping in.

Iran or the IRGC is a threat to peace much like that sociopath in Russia is.

Who exactly funds the means for Hamas and Hezbollah to threaten Israel?

16 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I agree they've been at loggerheads for years but I think the timing last week with everything that's going on was on the stupid side.  I'm no expert on Iran if being honest but I have read up a bit on the Shah getting overthrown. I've seen videos of Iran under the Shah and the beaches were full. You got to see so many peoples feet.

Now I know why you go to the beach 😜

I don't know & follow all the ins & outs. I just know it's incredibly sad it went from terrorist kidnappings to accusations of genocide intent to military confrontation with Iran.

And Russia is still in Ukraine.

And there's probably other things around the world not making it to BBC News.

Just really sad.

It does look spectacular,  like a very expensive 5th of November. 

Tel Aviv was so worried about the Iranian attack,  thousands of people were still protesting on the streets.   For me I consider that reckless negligence with ones own life but unlike,  Canada, England, Scotland and Iran you can still protest against your government in the face of an attack and not be arrested. 

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

I'm assuming this is about Zouma kicking his cat where I said he was an idiot but people are being dumb suggesting he's gonna become a serial killer... Obviously you have to lie about what that was because I didn't match your hyperbole.

Thinking the oppressed have the right to fight for their freedom isn't the same as being okay with innocents dying. The blame for those innocents dying is laid at the feet of the oppressors. That's not "those people deserved it". That's "Israel caused this to happen". No hypocrisy here.

A landmark 1997 study by the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Northeastern University found that animal abusers are in fact five times as likely to also harm other humans. But Mr. Foreskin here says it’s alright for people to kick cats, Zouma did nothing wrong. Dunno why I’m surprised you took “people who hurt animals should be treated seriously because they can turn out to hurt people” into such a ridiculous thing but… lol yeah I’m not surprised.

I dunno how you simply can’t accept that Hamas are also oppressors of the Palestinian people. When was the last time they allowed an election? What do they do to people who disagree with them in Gaza? Who does Hamas take orders from?

Hamas aren’t absolved of all agency just because Israel oppresses Palestinians too. Their human rights abuses towards both Israelis and Palestinians aren’t suddenly wiped clean because Israel retaliated.

If it’s like a slave revolt, it’s a slave revolt where the slaves allowed to live in the master’s house kicked things off, only for the slaves who toil in the fields to feel the brunt of the response.

Now if you want to blame Israel for Hamas’s stranglehold on Gaza… sure I am with you 100% on that. Netanyahu pulling an America and funding a terrorist group to torpedo any idea of a two state solution has really backfired for Israel. He ultimately created a proxy for Qatar and Iran to exploit.

But atrocities should be blamed on the people who commit them. Kids in Israel, Gaza, or the West Bank… or anywhere in the world… don’t deserve to get slaughtered for any reason.

Israel bombing refugee camps, mowing people down when they’re receiving food after weeks of being starved (by the IDF)…Hamas kidnapping and raping civilians… they’re all atrocities.

Rather than try to justify or minimise any human rights violation, just condemn it. Don’t pretend Hamas have done Palestine any favours by bringing more death to Gaza’s doorstep. Don’t pretend that this war expanding to include other countries leads to anything but more suffering spreading.

Look at those Filipinos Iran captured yesterday… what is the justification for taking them off that ship and not letting them go? Because they work for a guy who was born in Israel? Is that also justifiable - these guys just wanted to make money to send back to their families. Now they find themselves prisoners in a war that they aren’t really a part of.

I think it shouldn’t be so difficult to condemn things that are easy to condemn

And you know how Israel fights. You know I know how Israel fights. I’m pretty sure we both suggested on Oct 7th that the way Israel would respond would mean Gaza as it was known to the Gazans living there would be destroyed to the point of nearly being unrecognisable.

We were both right on that count. So surely you can see how this war hasn’t really done much to ease the suffering and oppression of Palestinians. And the way Israel fights, I’m not sure spreading war does anything more than spreading death and suffering.

And when all of this is over, I hope Israel pays to rebuild the Gaza they’ve destroyed and don’t see this as an opportunity to turn Gaza into West Bank 2.0.

I think Israel’s absolutely going to use this war as their opportunity to occupy Gaza though when all the dust settles though.

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

No this isn’t about ‘deserved’. You can’t even keep this discussion straight at all, you can’t even answer ‘Is it morally acceptable for Hamas to kill civilians in their struggle for self-determination?’  but constantly preach the moral righteousness of the cause by stating weird shit like ‘slave rebellion’, and massively criticising Israel for killing citizens,

You’re scared to admit Hamas is wrong to have killed all those people but you’re own cognitive dissonance can’t handle that so you blame Israel, removing all agency from Hamas. You are incapable of seeing Hamas as an independent community of people, see them only as a reactionary force to Israel, they don’t act, they react. 

Hamas chose to kill civilians so in your unconditional support stop beating around the damn bush and admit you are okay with Hamas doing it, you won’t criticise their actions, instead hiding behind words like ‘innocents’, ‘slave rebellion’, ‘nazi Israel’, so its okay for them to kill non-innocents? Who are non-innocents?  People you feel like you can get away saying it is okay to kill? 

But it is of course is the oppressors fault, so that makes it okay for Hamas to kill civil- I mean innocents, right?

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

No this isn’t about ‘deserved’. You can’t even keep this discussion straight at all, you can’t even answer ‘Is it morally acceptable for Hamas to kill civilians in their struggle for self-determination?’  but constantly preach the moral righteousness of the cause by stating weird shit like ‘slave rebellion’, and massively criticising Israel for killing citizens,

You’re scared to admit Hamas is wrong to have killed all those people but you’re own cognitive dissonance can’t handle that so you blame Israel, removing all agency from Hamas. You are incapable of seeing Hamas as an independent community of people, see them only as a reactionary force to Israel, they don’t act, they react. 

Hamas chose to kill civilians so in your unconditional support stop beating around the damn bush and admit you are okay with Hamas doing it, you won’t criticise their actions, instead hiding behind words like ‘innocents’, ‘slave rebellion’, ‘nazi Israel’, so its okay for them to kill non-innocents? Who are non-innocents?  People you feel like you can get away saying it is okay to kill? 

But it is of course is the oppressors fault, so that makes it okay for Hamas to kill civil- I mean innocents, right?

You trying to force your perspective on me won't work regardless of how hard you're trying. Innocent people shouldn't die and because of Israel's actions, they have. Would it have been better if Hamas strictly focused on IDF soldiers? Yes. Would it have been better for IDF soldiers to target those that invaded instead of recklessly shooting their own people as well? Yes. Innocent people dying isn't something that any sane person wants which is why Israel's negative influence I'm the region needs to be dealt with.

8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You trying to force your perspective on me won't work regardless of how hard you're trying. Innocent people shouldn't die and because of Israel's actions, they have. Would it have been better if Hamas strictly focused on IDF soldiers? Yes. Would it have been better for IDF soldiers to target those that invaded instead of recklessly shooting their own people as well? Yes. Innocent people dying isn't something that any sane person wants which is why Israel's negative influence I'm the region needs to be dealt with.

I’m not forcing any perspective you keep reinforcing it post after post xD You can’t even say Hamas killed all those people, hahaha

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel was stabbed live in a sermon in Australia, the assailant a 16 year old said he did it because he insulted his prophet.    Mental. 

Australia isn’t in the Middle East, fuckhead

• Haha 2