talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dani Ceballos

43 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ozil 

If the team is going to he balanced then I can only see that outcome.

From the news that’s filtering in where Ceballos is concerned and what he’s saying. It seems he was made promises by Emery and he was shown how he will be the centre of things in the creative side of midfield. This is why he chose Arsenal above Spurs. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Batard said:

I don't understand the long term thinking behind this transfer. Arsenal should be investing money on permanent transfers, certainly in defence 

Well there is no longterm thinking behind it at all other than to get the club back into the Champions League as soon as possible. This is totally short term in its essence and as I said before... If he has a great season and has to leave then we are left with one of the most expensive holes to fill in any football team. 

1 hour ago, Batard said:

I don't understand the long term thinking behind this transfer. Arsenal should be investing money on permanent transfers, certainly in defence 

We lost our best player and midfielder for nothing this summer. We needed to add depth and quality into midfield but we have much bigger priorities such as the defence like you said. This gives us at least a short term fix until and gives us more budget for higher priority positions. There is also no reason why this couldn't become a permanent transfer next season if all parties would want it.

It makes perfect sense to me as long as we buy the other players we need. 

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

The game wasn’t set up for Cabellos, Arsenal we’re defending too deep and playing the long ball for him to have an impact

Questions to be asked of the coach in yesterday's game for sure.... Not because of the eventual defeat which is completely normal these days, but the setup.

• Did the team itself decide to play as they did via improvisation?
  • If not and that was the planned system, what was a player like Ceballos doing on the field?
  • Infact, if playing into the channels was what had been practiced in training, why didn't we play two up front with Aubamayang and Lacazzette?

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Questions to be asked of the coach in yesterday's game for sure.... Not because of the eventual defeat which is completely normal these days, but the setup.

• Did the team itself decide to play as they did via improvisation?
  • If not and that was the planned system, what was a player like Ceballos doing on the field?
  • Infact, if playing into the channels was what had been practiced in training, why didn't we play two up front with Aubamayang and Lacazzette?

I didn’t watch the second half but you were the more threatening side in the first and could have gone in 2-1 up

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

I didn’t watch the second half but you were the more threatening side in the first and could have gone in 2-1 up

We had individual moments like with Pépé which could've painted an interesting picture for the game. Liverpool were starting to get frustrated in that first half and even though we seemed to be playing on momentum without a plan, we could've scored. But at no moment was there any sensation of a real planned threat from us which is why I ask those questions and the team selection had nothing to do with what the players were reproducing on the field considering what they can offer. It just seemed like let's see if we can strike pot-luck.

We have to be honest... Liverpool are miles ahead of us right now on all levels.

But then again there are various divisions in te Premier League and both Man City and Liverpool are on a division of their own. Those two really do have to have a bad day against any of the others for whatever reason.

24 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nonesense. Liverpool were far supeiror throughout. Arsenal played a like a team from the bottom half hoping to get a lucky. 

Obviously Liverpool were the aggressors and put distance between the two sides in the second half but they created very little in the first half as Arsenal’s bus shut them out and whilst Arsenal didn’t do much better and their entire game plan was play it out wide or over the top to Pepe....Pepe had the one on, his shot that just went round the cross bar and what ended up being a placid effort on a dangerous position.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We had individual moments like with Pépé which could've painted an interesting picture for the game. Liverpool were starting to get frustrated in that first half and even though we seemed to be playing on momentum without a plan, we could've scored. But at no moment was there any sensation of a real planned threat from us which is why I ask those questions and the team selection had nothing to do with what the players were reproducing on the field considering what they can offer. It just seemed like let's see if we can strike pot-luck.

We have to be honest... Liverpool are miles ahead of us right now on all levels.

But then again there are various divisions in te Premier League and both Man City and Liverpool are on a division of their own. Those two really do have to have a bad day against any of the others for whatever reason.

Your plan was to draw Liverpool forward, their wing backs specifically and hit them on the counter. And it worked when Pepe got the ball, not so much when Auba did. Not the typical Arsenal way but a structured game plan nonetheless.

Of course Liverpool are miles ahead of you

Just now, Danny said:

Your plan was to draw Liverpool forward, their wing backs specifically and hit them on the counter. And it worked when Pepe got the ball, not so much when Auba did. Not the typical Arsenal way but a structured game plan nonetheless.

Of course Liverpool are miles ahead of you

I agree, which is why we should've been playing two up front with Auba and Lacazzette so as to double-up. It's simple old school football that can work if you have efficient end products. That is where Pépé went missing on his end product but he's new and it'll arrive, for a more meditated and controlled football, then Ceballos is one of the best young players in the world right now in his particular position. Anyone questioning that needs to look at the real picture and follow more than just their club.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree, which is why we should've been playing two up front with Auba and Lacazzette so as to double-up. It's simple old school football that can work if you have efficient end products. That is where Pépé went missing on his end product but he's new and it'll arrive, for a more meditated and controlled football, then Ceballos is one of the best young players in the world right now in his particular position. Anyone questioning that needs to look at the real picture and follow more than just their club.

Yeah you don’t play Ceballos in a bus parking team, you’re better off playing more open football to get the best from him

Plenty of top centre mids in this league would have struggled in that team yesterday 

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

We’re miles ahead of you, but the tactics yesterday were a abomination. Norwich and Southampton offered more going forward (other than Pepe) and far too many players on Arsenal were passengers. Which is a bit of a joke when you consider the attacking talent at Arsenal.

Who sets up to park the bus and hit us on the counter with Sokratis and Luiz at the back?! 

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’re miles ahead of you, but the tactics yesterday were a abomination. Norwich and Southampton offered more going forward (other than Pepe) and far too many players on Arsenal were passengers. Which is a bit of a joke when you consider the attacking talent at Arsenal.

Who sets up to park the bus and hit us on the counter with Sokratis and Luiz at the back?! 

We're unbalanced both in midfield and obviously in defence. The only option was to try and stay organised and solid which on the whole in the first half we were exactly that minus a lapse in our joke defence. We can't open up to top teams like yours and Norwich or Southampton have better defences than us.

We can't begin to take this on club status via a brandname because if we continue to believe that crap we'll continue to remain in groundhog day.

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We're unbalanced both in midfield and obviously in defence. The only option was to try and stay organised and solid which on the whole in the first half we were exactly that minus a lapse in our joke defence. We can't open up to top teams like yours and Norwich or Southampton have better defences than us.

We can't begin to take this on club status via a brandname because if we continue to believe that crap we'll continue to remain in groundhog day.

Norwich definitely don’t have a better defense than you. Emery is being given a lot of slack, I feel, for that setup against us and for his general performances against the top 6. If it was just poor results against the top 6 but at least good performances... then fair enough that’s probably just an issue of quality. Poor results following poor performances against the good sides is a different situation.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Mate, give it a rest, you're boring. Going into every thread saying the same thing. Weirdly arsenal's tactics have rattled you for some reason. xD

Yeah alright then, I’ll just be like Arsenal fans and praise that shower of shite I saw.

Great stuff, keep it up

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Norwich definitely don’t have a better defense than you. Emery is being given a lot of slack, I feel, for that setup against us and for his general performances against the top 6. If it was just poor results against the top 6 but at least good performances... then fair enough that’s probably just an issue of quality. Poor results following poor performances against the good sides is a different situation.

Norwich do have a better defence than us because their defence is built according to their reality. Ours is negligence!

Mourinho signed everyone he wanted until the owners said enough is enough. That isn't the case here and you can have all the attack you want but if you're going to be innocent and want to argue that having a great attack is a basis to opening up to the European Champions and last two year's finilists, then either you're pulling my leg and trolling me or you're  something I didn't think you were mate.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Norwich do have a better defende than us because their defence is built according to their reality. Ours is negligence!

Mourinho signed everyone he wanted until the owners said enough is enough. That isn't the cae here and you can have all the attack you want but if you're going to be innocent and want to argue that having a great attack is a basis to opening up to the European Champions and last two year's finilists, then either you're pulling my leg and trolling me or your something I didn't think you were mate.

I just think it’s strange how the goalposts for Arsenal’s ambition shifted once Wenger was finally out.

And yeah you wouldn’t have been the first side with a great attack and a shit defense that approaches a match with a big club as an opportunity to try to win in a shootout. Rather than to set up shop with a shit defense and play in a way that highlights none of the side’s strengths.

Archived