talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dani Ceballos

Apparently the deal to Arsenal Football Club is done!

Dani Ceballos is expected to arrive in London tomorrow morning to sign his lean deal. No other finer details are out there at the moment other than speculation which because of how close the deal is to being made official, it’s better to wait and see.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Hope he's a bit better than Denis Suarez.

Denis Suárez is brilliant and I don’t known what happened there. But Ceballos is much better, he’s one of the special players for the future.

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

Pathetic from arsenal. You're giving Madrid money to develop a player you will never purchase. Is this what your club is now? 

Err... clubs do loan deals all the time? Weird comment tbh.

It gives them a player for a season that's cheaper than if they went out and made an actual purchase. And if he ends up shit in England, it's no big loss to them. If he ends up good, it'll be good value for a season. And who knows, what if he really likes it at Arsenal while Real Madrid decide to sign whoever the flavour of the month in that position is next summer? Then they can get a player that's already settled into the league and side over the year, probably at a better rate than they would have otherwise.

Arsenal should buying players like this. Not loaning them with no option to buy at the end. Even if there is an option to buy, if there is a buy back clause then that's worse.

I just don't agree with loans that are just that.

26 minutes ago, Rick said:

Arsenal should buying players like this. Not loaning them with no option to buy at the end. Even if there is an option to buy, if there is a buy back clause then that's worse.

I just don't agree with loans that are just that.

It's not the first time a big club's loaned a player in, and it won't be the last time. Loans make sense, even with no option to buy, if you've got the loaning club that needs a short term and low risk transfer. Does Real Madrid get more of a benefit than Arsenal does here? Yeah, theoretically, but Arsenal aren't paying anywhere near as much as they would for a loan with an option to buy.

If other clubs adopted your attitude, Serie A would be utterly fucked xD

Bringing the player in on loan for where Arsenal are supposedly looking to advance to consistently, then what happens if he’s successful and becomes a lynchpin or big part in any betterment?

The player leaves back to his parent club and we are left at step one having to search for something extremely expensive and that doesn’t grow on trees.

Loan deals are great for lower table clubs looking to get a foothold on the division. In Spain Girona enjoyed their first ever seasons in Spain’s top division due to very intelligent loan deals because a club their size was never going to be able to purchase the players necessary to compete.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Bringing the player in on loan for where Arsenal are supposedly looking to advance to consistently, then what happens if he’s successful and becomes a lynchpin or big part in any betterment?

The player leaves back to his parent club and we are left at step one having to search for something extremely expensive and that doesn’t grow on trees.

Loan deals are great for lower table clubs looking to get a foothold on the division. In Spain Girona enjoyed their first ever seasons in Spain’s top division due to very intelligent loan deals because a club their size was never going to be able to purchase the players necessary to compete.

I get the importance of finding a player to help you progress upwards but did they not drop back down two levels after that? Isn't that a more detrimental impact to the club in the longer run? Or does it only state to the board what it needs to do to compete which the finances of the club can never match?

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I get the importance of finding a player to help you progress upwards but did they not drop back down two levels after that? Isn't that a more detrimental impact to the club in the longer run? Or does it only state to the board what it needs to do to compete which the finances of the club can never match?

For me what you correctly state about recruitment in the past just proves part of how badly we’ve been run. The fact we’re loaning young top European talent is as a consequence of how badly we’ve been run.

At least this is the way I see it mate.

Arsenal obviously don’t have money to spend, if this signing is a key signing for them and helps push them into the Champions League positions then they’ll have money to replace him next season.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For me what you correctly state about recruitment in the past just proves part of how badly we’ve been run. The fact we’re loaning young top European talent is as a consequence of how badly we’ve been run.

At least this is the way I see it mate.

Its all really a calculated risk at the end of the day. Bringing a player(s) in to improve your squad in critical areas for a season can have massive upsides to the rest of the team as well. Some players just bring out the best in others. On the other hand, if done incorrectly, it can totally unbalance a side at the end of the deal assuming the player(s) in question want to leave back to their parent club. I don't think you'll are very far away from being competitive honestly. Last season you'll had a good striker, got to a final of a cup competition and while you'll lost your way somewhere towards the end of the first half of the season it could be argued that you'll didn't do too bad overall. 

As was said above, if this strengthens your CL position then you'll become far more desirable as a destination and that attracts other talent as well. 

Not sure how reliable Fabrizio Romano is, but he is saying Perez has agreed to review the loan deal at the end of the season and possibly make a deal permanent.

This deal makes perfect sense for me, we needed a bit of extra depth/quality in midfield but it isn't our biggest priority. It may be a short term approach, but we have got a very talented player on our hands at the very least and for a minimal price. 

That promise sounds ridiculous. Why not now?

What! They’re doing us a favour with lne of their investments? See if we like him and I promise you I’ll give you a deal.

Yeah, right!

It’s more like; Let’s see how he does and if he lives upto expectations then I’ll have an auction on my hands or I’ll make him so expensive that I’ll take him back.

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Its all really a calculated risk at the end of the day. Bringing a player(s) in to improve your squad in critical areas for a season can have massive upsides to the rest of the team as well. Some players just bring out the best in others. On the other hand, if done incorrectly, it can totally unbalance a side at the end of the deal assuming the player(s) in question want to leave back to their parent club. I don't think you'll are very far away from being competitive honestly. Last season you'll had a good striker, got to a final of a cup competition and while you'll lost your way somewhere towards the end of the first half of the season it could be argued that you'll didn't do too bad overall. 

As was said above, if this strengthens your CL position then you'll become far more desirable as a destination and that attracts other talent as well. 

Good post but please... stop saying 'you'll" when it just doesn't fit the sentence!

So American xD

9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Waiting for confirmation of the ironic twist of Asensio being injured against us leading to Ceballos staying at Real Madrid.

I was about to add this. Looks very dodgy now. 

News filtering through that Dani Ceballos is already an Arsenal Football Club player and that it’s just a question of hours before it’s made official.

The deal nearly collapsed due to the serious injury suffered by Marco Asensio. 

Got to be worrying that Arsenal are becoming a pet thing for bigger clubs to loan their players too, Kroenke clearly doesn't want to splash. Don't forget Liverpool signed Suarez when they were in their pit of despair out of the Champions League, so I'm not having Arsenal can't be targeting decent but not yet star players.

On the other hand, if he comes in and does well then hopefully they can get top 4 and compete for the top players next year.

• Subscriber

I see where people are coming from on the feeder club point of view but the bottom line is, you don't need this loan deal to prove that Arsenal are leagues away from the elite European clubs at the moment.

Taking a stance that they're too big to loan players like Ceballos won't help them achieve their next step which is to return to the Champions League. Loaning him in might help them get 4th and start moving them back in the right direction. Maybe you have to swallow your pride sometimes, for me it's a no brainer.

Ceballos is an extremely talented footballer. He has most of what you need in a player to turn things in top games. Negatives are he is temperamental and has a tendency for rebellion. But his talent is indisputable.

It’s going to be interesting to see how long it takes him to adapt and how Emery sorts that midfield out to fit him in. Who’s Unai leaving out!

Archived