• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

What would you decide to do??

Recommended Posts

If you found out you only had 12 months to live??? 

Just reading this story from Reddit about a man who has been suffering from a condition that has needed constant attention and he had been given until he was about 60 years old to live, Recently though due to complications they informed him that he realistically has only 12  months remaining.. He is 31

He posted up his thoughts on the matter and that he did not 'have the heart' to tell his wife straight away and wanted to take her on a dream holiday before breaking the news to her as he didn't want her to have the whole trip ruined with that hanging over them... 

Here is the full story.. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7186775/Husband-31-says-doesnt-heart-tell-partner-just-12-months-live.html

I can see what he is trying to say on one hand but also how this would impact someone you kept it from... not a nice dilemma to be in at all.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might just be me but I'd tell her. I know it comes off as a ruining the holiday moment but you've got a very short time on the planet and you've got to make the most of it with the people you love the most. If you're wife doesn't know and then finds out some other way (godforbid) imagine the impact that will have? Nah, just tell her and then go on holiday it will be so much more better. Having people with you at a time like this is very important imo instead of leaving them in the dark. They are your family and they'll always be there for you no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd tell her too. It's better to go through these things together than carry the burden yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a tough call. I'd tell them though as not knowing in advance and then having to deal with losing someone is much worse; everyone needs time to come to terms with something like that and it can make grieving just a bit easier.

I always thought that if I had a terminal illness that I knew would leave me a complete bed-ridden mess with little to no awareness of my surroundings at some point I'd use the time left the best I could and would just disappear from the lives of my loved ones before my condition deteriorated to that point of no return.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably make an appeal on reddit to be able to see the last season of Game of Thrones/the next Avengers movie before its released so that I see it before I die. That seemed to be the 'in' thing earlier this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/06/2019 at 20:38, nudge said:

 

I always thought that if I had a terminal illness that I knew would leave me a complete bed-ridden mess with little to no awareness of my surroundings at some point I'd use the time left the best I could and would just disappear from the lives of my loved ones before my condition deteriorated to that point of no return.

Something similar here too. 

I would totally lock myself out from everyone. And be an absolute mess. And probably die earlier due to stress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Something similar here too. 

I would totally lock myself out from everyone. And be an absolute mess. And probably die earlier due to stress. 

I'd go on an epic road trip then get completely wasted and just drive my car off the cliff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nudge said:

I'd go on an epic road trip then get completely wasted and just drive my car off the cliff.

What a sad waste that would be... 

Should bring along 3 people you really hate and go off the cliff laughing like a maniac... go out on a high

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What a sad waste that would be... 

Should bring along 3 people you really hate and go off the cliff laughing like a maniac... go out on a high

Problem is, I don't have 3 people I really hate xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Problem is, I don't have 3 people I really hate xD

3 people of my choice then???? sure we can work something out B|

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement