The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - Matchday 3 - Aug 30th-Sep 1st

football forum

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

Kind of on topic, which Czech goalkeeper do you guys rate higher, Koubek or Pavlenka? Koubek seems much more eccentric and he seems to love to get into the thick of the action. But in general who do rate more?

Haven't seen Koubek play really. Pavlenka is good although he's not yet playing at the last season's level.

Groß gets his Bundesliga debut. Nice!

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ante Rebic not in Frankfurt's match squad today by his own request. So I guess he's definitely off then. Heard he might goes to Inter.

Yes, unfortunately that seems to be the case. I'd love it if this deal fell through to be honest, because I do like Rebic. If this deal goes through, Hutter will have sold Rebic, Jovic and Haller all in one summer transfer window. That doesn't show ambition and it makes me feel let down in a way. We should of at least kept one of them. We should be showing more ambition than selling 3 important players all in one transfer window. I still like our current team, but we could of really done with Rebic staying.

Good game, but the third Augsburg goal answered my question about previous results - the whole defence managed to switch off together.  No worry - you're off the bottom - which is where the names of players should be sometimes - then it would be easier to smack them after poor performances - trouble is, like some of my ex pupils, if you threatened that they would ask for it twice......:censored:

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haven't seen Koubek play really. Pavlenka is good although he's not yet playing at the last season's level.

Groß gets his Bundesliga debut. Nice!

Yeah, well they both compete against each other in the Czech national team. Vaclik is first choice, but Koubek and Pavlenka usually battle it out as 2nd and 3rd choice goalkeepers. I think they are both on a similar level, but I would probably prefer an in form Pavlenka, he takes less risks, unlike Koubek. But both are capable of top class saves.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

3 points at last... Will take the pressure off a bit. Defending is still awful. Great game by Osako; Sargent pretty impressive too. Good debut by Lang. 

Yeah, congratulations on the win and the much needed 3 points. There were many positives to take from Werder's attacking play today, but once again, the defence was all over the place on many occasions. Lang was probably the best of the back 4, which is promising, but more organisation is needed at the back for sure.

22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ante Rebic not in Frankfurt's match squad today by his own request. So I guess he's definitely off then. Heard he might goes to Inter.

The latest reports suggest that Rebic will move to AC Milan for €25-30m, worse still for Frankfurt, is that apparently there is a clause in Rebic's Frankfurt contract, saying that if he is sold, 30-50% of his transfer fee will go to Fiorentina. So Frankfurt could potentially only pocket €12.5 million, that is terrible business by us, considering that he is a top level player who even made it to the World Cup semi-finals last summer. 

Ooof, surprisingly good first half. Defending relatively well and with some well structured counter attacks. Morales has been the surprise of the first matches so far for me. I didn't rate him highly last season, but he was great against Bremen and in the first half today. I hope we can keep it up! Rouwen Hennings is our Mr. Reliable. 

It was quite an even first half and I can't begrudge Dusseldorf the goal, they earned it. But hopefully we show more urgency in the second half. Bas Dost is on for Joveljic, hopefully he can bring his Sporting Lisbon scoring form to Frankfurt.

1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

He was great last season in the Champions League, but however long he stays in the BL he will never score an easier goal than that!

Hahaha, yeah, I think the ex Schalke player Ayhan fell asleep for a moment there haha.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived