talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 2nd November, 2019

football forum

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

About time a manager called it out. He goes down way too easily. Embarrassing. 

He does at times. Not sure he deserved a booking today though. Clearly stood on his foot. Not much different to the penalty that got given against Everton last week after a VAR review

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
17 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He does at times. Not sure he deserved a booking today though. Clearly stood on his foot. Not much different to the penalty that got given against Everton last week after a VAR review

Didn't see what Mane did today but I'd steer clear of using Brighton's penalty last week as any sort of barometer for consistency. If that's what becomes the standard then the game is actually gone and that's coming from someone who hates that phrase and finds it heavily overused.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Didn't see what Mane did today but I'd steer clear of using Brighton's penalty last week as any sort of barometer for consistency. If that's what becomes the standard then the game is actually gone and that's coming from someone who hates that phrase and finds it heavily overused.

Don't necessarily think we should have had a penalty for it today, would have been soft but I don't think he dived.

Guardiola is rattled though I think

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Don't necessarily think we should have had a penalty for it today, would have been soft but I don't think he dived.

Guardiola is rattled though I think

Guardiola is just a bit mental in general isn't he. Apologies if it's already been posted but I saw this on reddit and found it pretty funny:

Odd bloke.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Guardiola is just a bit mental in general isn't he. Apologies if it's already been posted but I saw this on reddit and found it pretty funny:

Odd bloke.

I saw bits of that documentary and obviously he's a good manager but sometimes you think when you see him 'what a weird cunt' haha

Well if I didn't like VAR enough (even after saying it's good for offside decisions), they go and do that. What the actual fuck ruling out Firmino's goal? VAR is fucked, it's a mockery.

Mane (dive aside) was absolutely brilliant. Totally took his place as our best player by a country mile. He was everywhere. 

This team is something else, we just never know when we're beat. 

Nice comments from Klopp at the end regarding Villa and the atmosphere in the stadium.

I haven't seen the firmino offside yet but from what I read his arm was offside so it was the right decision. Seems a bit nit picky but offside is offside.

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I haven't seen the firmino offside yet but from what I read his arm was offside so it was the right decision. Seems a bit nit picky but offside is offside.

It wasnt his arm, it was his fingernail. 

It's a joke mate, an absolute joke.

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It wasnt his arm, it was his fingernail. 

It's a joke mate, an absolute joke.

Like I said I haven't seen it yet. I'm a bit black and white with offsides personally. If your offside you offside.  If we put in a tolerance rule what will happen if somebody is a mil over the tolerance?

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Like I said I haven't seen it yet. I'm a bit black and white with offsides personally. If your offside you offside.  If we put in a tolerance rule what will happen if somebody is a mil over the tolerance?

There's inaccuracy in the moment they freeze frame and choose to compare distances, then there's uncertainty of how precise they can be from the image... They need to introduce a "too close to call" outcome in which the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team...

Just now, Dan said:

The Firmino offside is embarrassing. It can't go on like this. Literally making it up as they go along.

Was I wrong in thinking we saw the assistant referee draw the first set of lines for defender and attacker, which showed Firmino to be onside, then he drew a new line that showed him to be offside?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Was I wrong in thinking we saw the assistant referee draw the first set of lines for defender and attacker, which showed Firmino to be onside, then he drew a new line that showed him to be offside?

That's what I saw as well.

These lines they draw are inconclusive. Like the Son one a few weeks ago, you didn't actually see an angle from side on, it was slanted, so how the hell is that conclusive?

Where does someone's arm start? The exact point they choose to draw the line on someone is innocuous.

They're trying to be too clever. Common sense has been completely taken out of the game. You're having goals ruled out that nobody would've ever batted an eyelid out. Fuck me I'm even still using a goal that fell in our own favour, in a game that we won that we'd almost certainly not have won with the goal given.

I've done it again. I've failed. I've bitten.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

There's inaccuracy in the moment they freeze frame and choose to compare distances, then there's uncertainty of how precise they can be from the image... They need to introduce a "too close to call" outcome in which the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team...

I would agree with that. For me though personally if they ever can get it 100 percent accurate if your offside your offside even if it is by a millimetre. Although that is just what I think not everyone will agree

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's what I saw as well.

These lines they draw are inconclusive. Like the Son one a few weeks ago, you didn't actually see an angle from side on, it was slanted, so how the hell is that conclusive?

Where does someone's arm start? The exact point they choose to draw the line on someone is innocuous.

They're trying to be too clever. Common sense has been completely taken out of the game. You're having goals ruled out that nobody would've ever batted an eyelid out. Fuck me I'm even still using a goal that fell in our own favour, in a game that we won that we'd almost certainly not have won with the goal given.

I've done it again. I've failed. I've bitten.

I think if we ended up in a point where anything that a replay would've seen the commentator say "he's just about on there" gets roles to be a goal we'll have made the improvement that was envisioned when they decided to implement the tech in the first place...

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think if we ended up in a point where anything that a replay would've seen the commentator say "he's just about on there" gets roles to be a goal we'll have made the improvement that was envisioned when they decided to implement the tech in the first place...

It's a joke. Football as we know it is done. 

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

As I said when VAR was introduced, it will ruin the game... and it is. 

Nobody, and I mean nobody with half a brain can defend it now. It's actually a running joke. 

Even as someone who supports var I can't argue it has been implemented very well. But I think it will get better. I think anti var people over exaggerate certain things. I mean sometimes you don't get a decision with var but you wouldn't get it anyway without it. I think it could do with some rugby officials in to help with it. The main issue with it though is that is was bought in to get key dicisons right and it isn't because they never overule the referee.

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's a joke. Football as we know it is done. 

They'll fix it mate. Probably they already see what needs to be done but would still choose to apply it consistently through the year until they can tweak the guideline rule document in the summer....

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Even as someone who supports var I can't argue it has been implemented very well. But I think it will get better. I think anti var people over exaggerate certain things. I mean sometimes you don't get a decision with var but you wouldn't get it anyway without it. I think it could do with some rugby officials in to help with it. The main issue with it though is that is was bought in to get key dicisons right and it isn't because they never overule the referee.

I ultimately think it can improve where things were at before the tech came in, however as implemented this year I would say it's been more of a negative than positive.

If the refs said it won't be modified and they've already got the right approach I would move fully into the "abandon VAR" camp

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I ultimately think it can improve where things were at before the tech came in, however as implemented this year I would say it's been more of a negative than positive.

If the refs said it won't be modified and they've already got the right approach I would move fully into the "abandon VAR" camp

I don't think they have mate. I think they are trying to improve it. It may take a bit of patience. Unfortunately football fans aren't know for that. Personally though I can't see it not being for the better in the long run. I think though the video refs have to more prepared to say we have looked at it two or 3 times and the original decision was wrong. Referees won't take offence to it it is much easier to make the right decision with a replay. One problem though it interpretion. Sometimes pundits and fans think a decision is wrong but actually it is right. This is because referees are better at understanding the rules.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived