• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

N'Golo Kante Wins Footballer of the Year

Recommended Posts

Football Writer's Association votes for Kante as the best player.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Foster is a weird choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read in a Spanish newspaper the other week that Kante 'a destroyer' winning these awards perhaps highlights the poor quality within the league as a whole, not to say Kante isn't brilliant but it's an interesting point nevertheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I see Countiho's name I get angry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Read in a Spanish newspaper the other week that Kante 'a destroyer' winning these awards perhaps highlights the poor quality within the league as a whole, not to say Kante isn't brilliant but it's an interesting point nevertheless.

I think it highlights the Spanish preference to technicality and creation over defending. It's an art that many don't appreciate. When I played there wasn't a more gratifying act then winning a one v one duel or a goal clearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 4:46 PM, Spike said:

I think it highlights the Spanish preference to technicality and creation over defending. It's an art that many don't appreciate. When I played there wasn't a more gratifying act then winning a one v one duel or a goal clearance.

I don't think defending is appreciated in England much at all nowadays to be honest. Games like that Swansea Palace one earlier in the season are lauded rather than blasted. Granted it's entertaining but if it was the SPL people would be pissing themselves laughing at it.

Glad for Kante. Was annoyed when he left us but maybe all along he could see what was coming at Leicester and to be fair to him, he's definitely signed sensibly in going to Chelsea. I maintained throughout last season he could play for nearly anyone and more and more agree. Was quite clear pretty early on we had an amazing player on our hands. He's a freakishly good player and he will play at the top for years to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2017 at 8:16 PM, ATL said:

Every time I see Countiho's name I get angry.

I'm curious why. Is it because you'll let go of a player who would have turned good eventually? 

On the topic of Kante yes hes been brilliant and I am looking forward to see how this Chelsea team does in Europe next season. The competition is stiffer and the attack pace is a lot better from what we've seen this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'm curious why. Is it because you'll let go of a player who would have turned good eventually? 

Yes, I loved when Coutinho was here. I didn't understand us moving him, and think it further proves the dysfunction at our club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement