• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Football League 2019/20 - 28-29th January, 2020

Recommended Posts

all kick-offs 19.45 unless stated

353.gif

Tuesday 28th January, 2020
Blackburn vs QPR
Brentford vs Nottm Forest
Cardiff vs West Brom
Hull vs Huddersfield
Leeds vs Millwall
Luton vs Derby
Reading vs Bristol City, 20.00
Wigan vs Sheff Weds
 

354.gif

Tuesday 28th January, 2020
Accrington Stanley vs Peterborough
AFC Wimbledon vs Burton
Bolton vs Bristol Rovers, 20.00
Doncaster vs Southend
Fleetwood vs Coventry
Lincoln vs Portsmouth
MK Dons vs Rochdale
Rotherham vs Ipswich
Wycombe vs Blackpool

Wednesday 29th January, 2020
Gillingham vs Shrewsbury
Tranmere vs Sunderland
 

355.gif

Tuesday 28th January, 2020
Bradford vs Cheltenham
Cambridge vs Salford
Colchester vs Swindon
Crewe vs Leyton Orient
Forest Green vs Carlisle
Grimsby vs Stevenage
Newport vs Macclesfield
Northampton vs Scunthorpe
Oldham vs Mansfield
Plymouth vs Crawley
Port Vale vs Exeter
Walsall vs Morecambe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't beaten Stevenage since 2016 when we beat them 5-2. They're not in the best of form but seem to be picking up a bit under Mark Sampson. We played well at the weekend but still lost 3-2. Not sure about this one really!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough fixture tonight. For whatever reason, we always seem to struggle against Millwall.

They love this fixture, especially at theirs, think they seem to thrive on it being something 'personal' but there we are.

Let's be fair, they have been doing well. Just outside the playoffs, they will be tough to beat.

Hope the 10 day break has refreshed us and done us good. Think things were really coming to a head after that QPR game. We needed to take a step back and regain composure.

Desperately need 3pts to kick start things tonight. We need to get another run going and build momentum. 

Big night for Bamford. He owes us a big performance tonight after QPR. We need to get Pablo Hernandez firing again too, really missed his quality this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Tough fixture tonight. For whatever reason, we always seem to struggle against Millwall.

They love this fixture, especially at theirs, think they seem to thrive on it being something 'personal' but there we are.

Let's be fair, they have been doing well. Just outside the playoffs, they will be tough to beat.

Hope the 10 day break has refreshed us and done us good. Think things were really coming to a head after that QPR game. We needed to take a step back and regain composure.

Desperately need 3pts to kick start things tonight. We need to get another run going and build momentum. 

Big night for Bamford. He owes us a big performance tonight after QPR. We need to get Pablo Hernandez firing again too, really missed his quality this season.

You'll need the win tonight as we won't win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big game tonight, win and we leapfrog Forest and Fulham. Need a big performance after resting players on Saturday, not sure if Said will be back after the death of his father but we’ve got players to replace him for the moment

COYR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck me Forest time wasting 5 minutes in, keeper yellow carded for it early doors. They might get a win as they’ve been lucky and we’ve been sloppy but they ain’t come here for one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Forest and Leeds both come up & Villa stay up, that's pretty nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked like a great comeback for Leeds and a bonus for West Brom losing as well.

Delighted for Luton to come back and beat Derby. What happened at the end?! 2 players booked and 1 sent off, all in the 88th minute for Derby?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a shit game of football. We couldn’t string a pass together and they parked the bus and their long balls were largely dealt with. The fact someone managed to win this game is a testament to the randomness that football can proved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a great comeback by Leeds.. I couldnt watch the game though, wish they aired them on TV here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

What a shit game of football. We couldn’t string a pass together and they parked the bus and their long balls were largely dealt with. The fact someone managed to win this game is a testament to the randomness that football can proved 

Just seen the table and surprised to see you've lost as many as 10 games. Most in the top half (bar Sheff Weds) so still impressive you're 5th. 

Quite an odd/bad result given your home form and what was at stake (especially given West Brom losing). Championship is like that though - randomly throws up surprising results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know what to say, still emotionally drained. 

This club. This bloody club. Why do they do it to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few fans walked out after Millwall's second which was absolutely ridiculous. So glad we got the win but like @Lucas said we don't half do it the hard way!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen the table and surprised to see you've lost as many as 10 games. Most in the top half (bar Sheff Weds) so still impressive you're 5th. 

Quite an odd/bad result given your home form and what was at stake (especially given West Brom losing). Championship is like that though - randomly throws up surprising results.

We went on a fairly amazing run of form which sent us up so high, don’t think anyone expected to be around the automatics after our start to the season. The run we went on you can’t sustain, you need to lose to get those runs going again...unless you’re a club with the finances of a Newcastle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Don't know what to say, still emotionally drained. 

This club. This bloody club. Why do they do it to us.

I was going to go tonight as well! Saw bits of it on the red button on Sky Sports but was flicking between that and commentary of the Grimsby game. 3-1 win for Grimsby against Stevenage who were bottom of the table. It's the kind of game we usually slip up on so happy to have got the 3 points.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You'll need the win tonight as we won't win. 

Jinx in a half. Will take that, good work mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I was going to go tonight as well! Saw bits of it on the red button on Sky Sports but was flicking between that and commentary of the Grimsby game. 3-1 win for Grimsby against Stevenage who were bottom of the table. It's the kind of game we usually slip up on so happy to have got the 3 points.

Very good evening all round for you then, especially if you are beginning to get a sift spot for Leeds as it sounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Very good evening all round for you then, especially if you are beginning to get a sift spot for Leeds as it sounds.

Absolutely. I think working and living here has definitely made me follow the results a bit more. Similar to how I grew the affinity to Sunderland when I lived there for 3 years for Uni. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That wasn't the big result we wanted but a win all the same. Don't want to jinx but we might be turning our season around finally!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement