Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea - Saturday 1st February, 2020

Kick-off 12.30pm

Live on BT Sport

image.png     VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Match History
Chelsea 1-1 Leicester
Leicester 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 0-1 Leicester
Leicester 1-2 Chelsea
Chelsea 0-0 Leicester

Head to Head
Leicester - 26 wins
Draws - 33
Chelsea - 56 wins

Recent Form:
Leicester - LWWLL
Chelsea - WDLWW

Big game. Hoping Leicester cement their place in the top four and I think they will.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

After their defeat to Aston Villa, they will surely become prime Barcelona against Chelsea. My only hope is that we are very good away, and if we manage a result we could potentially extend our gap on the top four spot, United and Spurs play Wolves and City so they could drop points there. Tammy is a doubt, hope he can be fit for this one as we don't have any other reliable striker.

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

After their defeat to Aston Villa, they will surely become prime Barcelona against Chelsea. My only hope is that we are very good away, and if we manage a result we could potentially extend our gap on the top four spot, United and Spurs play Wolves and City so they could drop points there. Tammy is a doubt, hope he can be fit for this one as we don't have any other reliable striker.

Guarantee Giroud or Batshuayi will find their inner Ronaldo and score if Tammy doesn't play. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Stan said:

Guarantee Giroud or Batshuayi will find their inner Ronaldo and score if Tammy doesn't play. 

Highly doubtful mate xD

Should be the fresher team. James back is a boost. Still question marks over Tammy. 

Reckon we’ll play 3 at the back 

I'm pretty sure this will be a draw.

Nailed on draw you know. I think both teams will be fairly happy with a point from this and you'll see a cagey game where not many risks are taken as a result. Expect it to be a low scorer, 0-0 or 1-1.

2-1 loss. Last minute goal for them. 

12 hours ago, Stan said:

Chelsea have a history of their flop strikers turning up against us. Torres and Shevchenko got hat-tricks, Morata I think scored in basically every game against us, it's horrific.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dan said:

Chelsea have a history of their flop strikers turning up against us. Torres and Shevchenko got hat-tricks, Morata I think scored in basically every game against us, it's horrific.

Precisely why I think this... 

13 hours ago, Stan said:

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Precisely why I think this... 

Oh give over. xD

I swear the last several occasions you lot were convinced you'd lose whereas I assured you lot had nothing to worry about, and it turned out you either won or drew at worst. 

Lampard won't play Giroud for what ever reason, and Batshuayi is bang average. The only way he'd score is if your defence practically give him a goal. 

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Oh give over. xD

I swear the last several occasions you lot were convinced you'd lose whereas I assured you lot had nothing to worry about, and it turned out you either won or drew at worst. 

Lampard won't play Giroud for what ever reason, and Batshuayi is bang average. The only way he'd score is if your defence practically give him a goal. 

Sorry but we have a ridiculous record of conceding goals to players that 1) haven't scored in ages or 2) haven't scored for their club before. The first applies more so of course. 

I know we've got our decent record against you but there were times where it looked like certified Chelsea wins so I don't think we can be blamed for thinking it might have happened at that time. 

All I'm saying is it wouldn't surprise me if they played and ended up scoring, whether you win or not. 

I really don't know why you think it's anything serious, it's just one of those silly little things you notice as a football fan. These stats have zero bearing on what I think will happen on Saturday.

But Batshuayi will definitely score.

Batshuayi score and we win I will change my avatar from my beloved Jon Snow to his mug till the end of the season. 

To be fair as well there's no shame in calling our win at you last season wrong - Puel was on the verge of the boot (which points to shit form) and it was your only home loss of the season. That was a shock result.

On 30/01/2020 at 00:59, LFCMadLad said:

Big game. Hoping Leicester cement their place in the top four and I think they will.

I'm hoping Chelsea win tbh. If Spurs, Wolves, or Sheffield United had more points, I'd be alright with Chelsea losing, but that top 4 battle is looking too tight and with United in 5th I'd much prefer someone else beat them to it. And the side ahead of them is probably the safest bet for that to happen.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm hoping Chelsea win tbh. If Spurs, Wolves, or Sheffield United had more points, I'd be alright with Chelsea losing, but that top 4 battle is looking too tight and with United in 5th I'd much prefer someone else beat them to it. And the side ahead of them is probably the safest bet for that to happen.

Or we could win and Man Utd lose ;) 

Just now, Stan said:

Or we could win and Man Utd lose ;) 

I mean I want them to lose either way xD

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's all true and logically it makes sense because we all want to see Utd fail. I've just got a soft spot for Leicester though. Well run club that's build a very decent side on limited resources.

Fuck that, and fuck Utd... Come on Chelsea!!

• Upvote 1

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans - Maddison

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Apparently the side. Think that's still the best we can offer. Back to basics.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans - Maddison

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Apparently the side. Think that's still the best we can offer. Back to basics.

Perez has to step up and be more consistent in delivering good performances. 

If Pedro is given an extended run in the team, I would say he would offer more than Willian even at his age. Even if Pedro has a shocker today, I still think he’s worth utilising a lot more than he has been so far this season. I think he benefits the attacking players around him a lot more, his off the ball work, his movement, and his link up whereas Willian is a bit of a clog in the system in that regard. Willian has had a relatively good season for his standards but that doesn’t take away from the fact that he hasn’t been the level we need. You have younger players around him performing better in their first real seasons. I would genuinely give Pedro more game time to see if he’s still got it, trouble is though we’ve also got some very difficult games coming up.

@LFCMadLad Kepa dropped 

Why is Lampard continuing to break up the Kovacic-Jorginho partnership? Goodness 

Vardy could have done a bit better with that pass. If he doesn't go square Leicester get a goal there.

So wasteful I’m not even arsed anymore. All too similar. Get to the third and blow it. Time and time again. 

Luckily Leicester are just as wasteful 

Draw in the end and tbh Leicester should have gotten the win here. Evans with the header and that pass from Vardy should have ended up in the back of the net.

Embarrassing display of football and it's bad news for the Premier League if the 3rd and 4th best teams produce football like that. It's no mystery as to why Liverpool are literally running away with the league. 

Happy with the point, but my god the same issues were there. Leicester were there for the taking and in typical fashion we mentally surrendered the game. There are so many issues everywhere. 

1 goal from open play in 4 Premier League matches. 

Well that got eventful. 

How Barnes missed that chance I do not know. Could have been the winner. 

Disappointed we've not won that given the position we were in and let them in to it. Ironic they score from 2 set pieces when that was an area they're weak at defensively. 

Was the handball checked by VAR at the end? Nothing in the stadium to say so..? Not seen it back so not sure how close it was to be a penalty. 

We didn't lose which is a plus as that would have put pressure on the players with a 5 point gap.