• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

2020 Asian Champions League

Recommended Posts

Perth made their debut in the comp last night, losing 1-0 away to FC Tokyo with a late deflected strike the difference. I was pretty pleased with how we setup and kept the ball in tough conditions versus a very good side. I don’t expect we will get out of our group but who knows what will happen with the Chinese teams.

Melbourne Victory somehow qualified after defeating Kashima I think, they however lost 1-0 away in Seoul last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think this will have a big effect on your domestic league season? @Toinho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think me watching Persepolis in this is probably the only way I'll be able to watch them play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Stan said:

Do you think this will have a big effect on your domestic league season? @Toinho

Yeah there will be some effect, think we will have to rotate and rest the likes of Castro, who was arguably our worst player versus Tokyo. He might be carrying an injury. 

Can we pin this? If the rubbish of CONCACAF champions league gets pinned then let’s pin this! 

Yokohama smashed Sydney 4-0. Such a gulf in class. Ange Postecoglou has got them on fire.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

 If the rubbish of CONCACAF champions league gets pinned then let’s pin this! 

Done

*edit* not by me though

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2020 at 22:30, Toinho said:

Perth made their debut in the comp last night, losing 1-0 away to FC Tokyo with a late deflected strike the difference. I was pretty pleased with how we setup and kept the ball in tough conditions versus a very good side. I don’t expect we will get out of our group but who knows what will happen with the Chinese teams.

Melbourne Victory somehow qualified after defeating Kashima I think, they however lost 1-0 away in Seoul last night. 

I haven't watched too much of Perth,  but when I have, Chris Ikonomidis has really stood out. He certainly seems like a quality player in the Australian league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2020 at 03:40, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think me watching Persepolis in this is probably the only way I'll be able to watch them play.

Horrible campaign for Iranian teams a lot of times they lost the match when leading till half time, great possibility that none of them reach the next round 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Horrible campaign for Iranian teams a lot of times they lost the match when leading till half time, great possibility that none of them reach the next round 

Yeah I suspect they’ll all get eliminated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Michael said:

I haven't watched too much of Perth,  but when I have, Chris Ikonomidis has really stood out. He certainly seems like a quality player in the Australian league.

Out for 9-12 months with an injury :( 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Out for 9-12 months with an injury :( 

Terrible record of injuries, long term ones at that :(

Agree with MIchael though, whenever he played he had that buzz about him in front of goal, either creating or scoring. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Out for 9-12 months with an injury :( 

Sorry to hear that dude, he's always looked a really dynamic player with a good end product. I am sure his absence will be felt by football fans in Western Australia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Adding @nudge and @Azeem as I know they following Asian football too.

Cheers. I follow SE Asian teams/players mostly so it's only Chiangrai to watch this season for me and they'll not likely to make it out of their group... Also keep an eye on Yokohama as Theerathon plays for them but that's about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of drama over the glory game in Korea with us basically refusing to travel due to coronavirus. Think the ties have now been reversed and we play Ulsan in a couple of weeks at home. Will try go! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure this tournament is going fall apart due to the virus. Our game has been postponed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Toinho said:

Pretty sure this tournament is going fall apart due to the virus. Our game has been postponed. 

Might help you in the long run for the league...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement