talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

this sounds so bitter xD 

It's just true. Their style and mentality achieves some novelty results and freak runs, but they're never going to get the big prize playing like this. 

It's like they'd rather just get to finals than ever build the kind of side that can go all the way. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adrian can go. I appreciate his work early on, but his performance tonight has been a disgrace. 

Cant fault the rest of the team, we very nearly had it. Absolutely fucking gutted. I hope Atletico get embarrassed next round, then I hope they fold. ☺️

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It's just true. Their style and mentality achieves some novelty results and freak runs, but they're never going to get the big prize playing like this. 

It's like they'd rather just get to finals than ever build the kind of side that can go all the way. 

I mean, they've got to the same amount of finals as Liverpool have in the last 6 seasons. 

Just because it's not as entertaining as Liverpool doesn't mean it's as less effective. It's bitter to say they're never going to win a CL trophy or that it was a pathetic tie.

• Administrator

Also, inspired sub by Simeone earlier to bring Llorente on. Knew Costa wasn't up to much to threaten Liverpool's defence. Llorente comes on and gets them busy. Game-changer.

• The title was changed to Liverpool (2) 2-3aet (4) Atletico Madrid - Wednesday 11th March, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived