talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No mate! I'm just waiting patiently for our lass to serve me up my steak while I watch Game Of Thrones xD

What is it about a lovely piece of great beef spilling a bit of blood that makes us salivate and drool?

I actually feel sorry for vegans and want to befriend them all to give them a hug. :(

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

What is it about a lovely piece of great beef spilling a bit of blood that makes us salivate and drool?

I actually feel sorry for vegans and want to befriend them all to give them a hug. :(

Whilst smiling with medium rare blood dripping off the chin :banana:

• Upvote 1

1502189847063.jpg

It seems that both Neymar and Dani Alves have been in contact with Arsenal's Alexis Sánchez in trying to convince him to join them at Paris Saint-Germain.  People close to Alexis in Chile spoke to a journalist in one of Chile's national newspapers 'El Mercurio' and without naming them he's released the scoop.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/ligue-1/neymar-and-dani-alves-call-alexis-sanchez-come-to-psg-6213703

Edited by SirBalon

Where the hell would Alexis play? They are already fully loaded with Di Maria, Draxler, Neymar and Cavani being the front four. Unless they want to convert Sanchez as an out an dout striker and replace Cavani I dont see why they need him. 

So without the season having started yet and without having played a single game... Arsenal have their first injury of the season!!! xD

You can't write this stuff to be honest!

Alexis Sánchez will be out probably for two weeks with an abdominal injury of some sort.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Love to know why Chambers wasn't used yesterday, he isn't injured is he? I actually think he is better than Holding & Gabriel, it would be a shame to lose him. Interesting to see what happens the rest of the window, we do need a serious clear out.

I agree with you mate... Chambers is a better footballer than both Holding and Gabriel. There is no doubt about this... We are a total mess but fear not because I reckon this is going to be a topsy turvey season for many. 

6 hours ago, Asura said:

better than Gabriel, yes, but I think Holding is a better defender than Chambers. Chambers is too error prone 

But Chambers is more diverse out of the options we have in this particular debate.  He has more nouce on the ball.  Anyhow...  It should be Mustafi and Koscielny together as our first options in the centre of defence.

22 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Gabriel looks to have signed for Valencia, it's pretty much done apparently. Not totally against this but the figure is only around £10m. I do think we could have got more than that but I suppose we are desperate to move players on now.

This better mean we're bringing another CB in.

A CB and a CM added to the two we've already brought in, as well as holding onto our big players, would make this a great window.

Realistically.... Where do people think we could finish this season?

Personally I think we have a team that can beat most in this league but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we lost against anyone in the division. It's not like it'd be a major shock.

For me where we finish this season in the Premier League table has more to do with how the top teams do this year than what we do. 

22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Personally I think we have a team that can beat most in this league but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we lost against anyone in the division. It's not like it'd be a major shock.

For me where we finish this season in the Premier League table has more to do with how the top teams do this year than what we do. 

If we bring in a couple more players I'll be optimistic. As it is, I'd be surprised if we make the CL.

Wenger was never a great tactician, but he built brilliant teams, and that masked his flaws. These days he's too nice, too loyal to players. We're going into this season relying on Wilshere and Cazorla as CMs. Our starting pair of Xhaka and Ramsey are nothing special, after that we have Coq and El Neny, both of whom aren't good enough. If we're going to stick with this formation we need to improve our midfield two.

That's without mentioning the CB situation.

The window's not closed yet, but as it stands it looks like you've made the right decision to give away your season ticket.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

We will be around the top 5 again but will not be competing for any honours.