talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

14 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Wenger has been after Lacazette for awhile.  There was £29m bid rejected by Lyon last year I believe.

Media outlets stating this morning its almost a done deal because Athletico Madrid have switched their attention to bring Costa back. They had a deal agreed with Lyon, said to be at a lower level than the reported agreed price Arsenal have stumped up.

How good is he? I watched against Ajax in that semi final where he looked better than his team mates, but is that the best standard to evaluate him?

We will see :ay:

3 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Media outlets stating this morning its almost a done deal because Athletico Madrid have switched their attention to bring Costa back. They had a deal agreed with Lyon, said to be at a lower level than the reported agreed price Arsenal have stumped up.

How good is he? I watched against Ajax in that semi final where he looked better than his team mates, but is that the best standard to evaluate him?

We will see :ay:

They have a transfer ban which is why they decided to keep Griezmann who was likely to move to Man Utd and why their deal for Lacazette was shot down. About the increased fee, clubs will always look for more money from Premier League sides.

9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

They have a transfer ban which is why they decided to keep Griezmann who was likely to move to Man Utd and why their deal for Lacazette was shot down. About the increased fee, clubs will always look for more money from Premier League sides.

Yes I agree with you in the fact we tend to have to pay more. I have to admit I have not seen enough of Lacazette to give a fair opinion on him, but I am curious how the Arsenal faithful are feeling towards his arrival. Do you think this guy is a replacement for Sanchez or another piece of the puzzle towards a Premier League winning side?

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Yes I agree with you in the fact we tend to have to pay more. I have to admit I have not seen enough of Lacazette to give a fair opinion on him, but I am curious how the Arsenal faithful are feeling towards his arrival. Do you think this guy is a replacement for Sanchez or another piece of the puzzle towards a Premier League winning side?

He is a replacement from Sanogo

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I think he could be a replacement for Giroud, who could be off now Lacazette is about to sign. Lacazette does seem to be improving, last season was his best, 37 goals in all competitions.

Funny about the price though, Lyon are claiming that they are receiving a few million less than Arsenal claim they are paying.   Maybe Wenger trying to impress the fans claiming they are spending big? 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I know the whole world... Actually the whole galaxy has poked fun at the poor Sanogo for a while now but ona serioud note... Is he still playing professional football?

His contract expired on saturday. I heard DHL have offered Postman Sanogo a 2 year deal but he is in talks with TNT.

sanogo-postman.jpg

Edited by VanPanna
  • Upvote 1

Players need to be sold -  Gibbs, Mertesacker, Wilshere, Walcott, Welbeck, Giroud, Debuchy. 

I would keep Ramsey and the OX for now as they have played well recently and could work in the 5 3 2.

Edited by VanPanna

2 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I think he could be a replacement for Giroud, who could be off now Lacazette is about to sign. Lacazette does seem to be improving, last season was his best, 37 goals in all competitions.

Funny about the price though, Lyon are claiming that they are receiving a few million less than Arsenal claim they are paying.   Maybe Wenger trying to impress the fans claiming they are spending big? 

Shame we cant get Gooner's point a view on this mate.

Seems like Arsenal are going to be getting Lacazette and Mahrez. Will be tremendous signings for them and would strengthen them a lot already...now imagine if they manage to keep hold of both Alexis and Ozil in addition to those two signings...Arsenal would certainly be a force going forward. 

Great news if true, it's a first-tram coach position so it won't solely be a goalkeeping coach role. I just hope he doesn't become another Wenger yes man, although knowing what Jens' like I have high hopes.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

£30m for Mahrez apparently. bargain.

I'm not sure mate another meh signing from us. Would happily be proved wrong but Mahrez seemed to get found out last season.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

The price could reach 60m euros with add ons. So maybe that's where they are differing in the price? Because of add ons?

I think it's a good signing, he seems to be getting better and better, and hes a better out and out striker than they have at the minute. Would be good to see him and Sanchez play together as you certainly don't get the best out of Sanchez playing him upfront on his own.

• Administrator

Lacazette is much better than Giroud xD

Steep fee but can't be surprised these days. Clubs can basically slap a huge price tag on a player and with the money floating around in the game you're bound to get one idiotic club paying it. 

Lacazette has had a very good season and does seem to be getting better the last  couple of years, but at 26 he should be approaching his peak.  If this an addition it's a good move, Lacazette on the wing, if he can play the team will open up space in the middle for Giroud.

However,  if it is a replacement, maybe not.  If Giroud leaves, is Lacazette coming in that much of an upgrade? Lacazette scores more goals in a weaker league, but Giroud adds more assists.  Deschamps thinks Giroud is the better player, he plays him over Lacazette all the time for France.  Plus if Lacazette is a replacement for Sanchez, there is no way this is an upgrade.

Edited by Redcanuck