talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Totally agree with you and @Cicero both you and Chelsea played very good football in your title winning seasons, especially compared to our drab shite.

Honestly the Arsenal fans who still claim we play good football must have a screw loose like Wenger because we havent played good football since Cesc left. Honestly out football is as dull as it can get, we can't defend and out attack is just relied upon individual talent.

We weren't particularly entertaining to watch second half of the season but like I've said before people kept saying "wait until teams set up differently against you" and we still came through it. First half of last season we were fantastic to watch.

Arsenal are very good occasionally but not that often now. You aren't what you were. 

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

No mate!  I'm referring to the part where he's withdrawn dividends to the effect (to date) of almost £300m from Arsenal Holdings PLC without ever having invested a single penny in the club (yep, your typical controlling shareholder, nothing wrong there on the grand scheme of things).  What you're talking about is a possible end of story profit which hasn't come into effect but would be very well received by those that know quite a bit about what's been happening at the club for a while now.

I'll post something later on all of this...

Source for the £300m of dividends? A couple of years ago he took £3m out and done it again the year after, can't see anything online showing that much money was taken out..

On 19/05/2017 at 11:42 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

Love it. Not the bid but Usmanov saying Wenger should pick the next manager because they need continuity. I seem to recall an old red nosed cunt picking a cod's heed to replace him at one of the Manchester clubs for continuity and stability purposes.

Agreed. Had Moyes been interviewed and said his transfer plans were to sign Leighton Baines and Mauroanne Fellaini the club could have saved themselves a lot of hassle.

14 hours ago, Danny said:

Source for the £300m of dividends? A couple of years ago he took £3m out and done it again the year after, can't see anything online showing that much money was taken out..

I've tried to look for it and can't find it...  Infact there's very little information on withdrawal of dividends which is strange with a PLC.  I heard it on The Times Football Podcast which is presented by Gab Marcotti (don't know if you listen to it, it's pretty decent).

But even then on what you've said we have an example of what that guy's in it for...  Making money as the head representative of Arsenal FC.  Doesn't put anything in and takes out.

One of Wenger's quotes after the last game of the season was; "It's frustrating to not be in the Champions League next season"

I get it, believe me I do.  But let's not kid ourselves...  We're not really in it to compete to challenge for it.  Are we!  It's actually a good thing even if he does stay because it opens up the understanding that this is football and that in football you have to plan to compete with the knowledge that a decent percentage of the division are doing and vying for the same thing.  Competing to win something offers the fan a motive and a reason to dream, while participating seems to only benefit one party, the shareholder in all of its guises. (with this I'm talking particularly about Arsenal FC and not other clubs with lesser means)

I really don't have a problem at all with not being in the Champions League next season apart from the small detail of getting to see great teams with fascinating players play in the skin at the ground.  That's been the only beneficial part from my personal point of view for a number of years (a large number of years).

Liverpool fans will be happy because they don't tend to qualify a lot these days for Europe's premier tournament...  Maybe they'll even be optimistic because of the rumours Klopp will have plenty of money to spend...  How can one deny someone else the dream of "competing" at the highest level.  Whether they do compete is another question, but I'm pretty sure they'll be vying for that possibility.

John Cross (that butt licking journalist) tweeted yesterday some nonsense that the goalposts may have been moved on Wenger's possible contract extension and that where it was once not so long ago resting on Wenger's office desk all season, it may have now disappeared (something I personally find difficult to believe)...  Oh...  That John Cross states "so this is the thanks for the 20 years of constant qualification for the Champions League"...  Participation?, Qualification?  What's the difference in the two? Well you have to achieve one so as to "enjoy" the other, isn't it! (is "isn't it" a valid use of affirmation in the English language and grammar?...  Maybe it's a Londonish thing).

Why is it so frustrating?  Honestly!  Why?  Because it's harder to attract the big names? xD Who are you kidding! hahaha...  Nah, it isn't that.  So my question to him on that quote would've been simple...  Why mate?  Why is it so frustrating!  What exactly is the reason behind your personal frustration on not qualifying for next season's Champions League?  I don't want to accuse the man of being a Mourinho type sufferer with self obsession because of his 20 year continuance in qualifying for the tournament.  Where one (Mou) goes on about the honours he's won, I don't see Wenger (who has also won his fair share "although none in Europe") having a self obsession character issue...  Or does he?  Who knows, we'll never know now because whoever was interviewing him when he cam out with that most simple of quotes, never took him up on it.

Edited by SirBalon

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

One of Wenger's quotes after the last game of the season was; "It's frustrating to not be in the Champions League next season"

I get it, believe me I do.  But let's not kid ourselves...  We're not really in it to compete to challenge for it.  Are we!  It's actually a good thing even if he does stay because it opens up the understanding that this is football and that in football you have to plan to compete with the knowledge that a decent percentage of the division are doing and vying for the same thing.  Competing to win something offers the fan a motive and a reason to dream, while participating seems to only benefit one party, the shareholder in all of its guises. (with this I'm talking particularly about Arsenal FC and not other clubs with lesser means)

I really don't have a problem at all with not being in the Champions League next season apart from the small detail of getting to see great teams with fascinating players play in the skin at the ground.  That's been the only beneficial part from my personal point of view for a number of years (a large number of years).

Liverpool fans will be happy because they don't tend to qualify a lot these days for Europe's premier tournament...  Maybe they'll even be optimistic because of the rumours Klopp will have plenty of money to spend...  How can one deny someone else the dream of "competing" at the highest level.  Whether they do compete is another question, but I'm pretty sure they'll be vying for that possibility.

John Cross (that butt licking journalist) tweeted yesterday some nonsense that the goalposts may have been moved on Wenger's possible contract extension and that where it was once not so long ago resting on Wenger's office desk all season, it may have now disappeared (something I personally find difficult to believe)...  Oh...  That John Cross states "so this is the thanks for the 20 years of constant qualification for the Champions League"...  Participation?, Qualification?  What's the difference in the two? Well you have to achieve one so as to "enjoy" the other, isn't it! (is "isn't it" a valid use of affirmation in the English language and grammar?...  Maybe it's a Londonish thing).

Why is it so frustrating?  Honestly!  Why?  Because it's harder to attract the big names? xD Who are you kidding! hahaha...  Nah, it isn't that.  So my question to him on that quote would've been simple...  Why mate?  Why is it so frustrating!  What exactly is the reason behind your personal frustration on not qualifying for next season's Champions League?  I don't want to accuse the man of being a Mourinho type sufferer with self obsession because of his 20 year continuance in qualifying for the tournament.  Where one (Mou) goes on about the honours he's won, I don't see Wenger (who has also won his fair share "although none in Europe") having a self obsession character issue...  Or does he?  Who knows, we'll never know now because whoever was interviewing him when he cam out with that most simple of quotes, never took him up on it.

IMG_2084.PNG

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Stan Kroenke is saying he won't sell his shares in Arsenal. Shame for Arsenal, because the man is an utter cunt.

Yep! He was forced to make a statement and everyone has been waiting for it.  Now with Usmanov having tried the buy-out it's upto the fans to put as much pressure as possible for what it's worth.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

He doesn't need the money and I'm sure he will sacrifice £330,000 a week to win trophies and play in the Champions League. 

As will Ozil.

His agent has been seen in Munich,  Arsenal  think it is only to do with money...   

10 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Alexis Sanchez has been offered a new contract by Arsenal worth £330k-a-week, a figure that Bayern Munich cannot match

Careful you don't step on the bull shit. 

At most Arsenal would offer him 200K. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Careful you don't step on the bull shit. 

At most Arsenal would offer him 200K. 

Well Arsenal are in a different position now to what they were, also Arsenal having a wage cap is also complete nonsense, they have one of the highest wage bills in England, with a cluttered squad full of average players with the average wage around £80k a week. Arsenal can't even get rid of Jenkinson because of his wages! the club is in a mess. 

Edited by VanPanna

12 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Well Arsenal are in a different position now to what they were, also Arsenal having a wage cap is also complete nonsense, they have one of the highest wage bills in England, with a cluttered squad full of average players with the average wage around £80k a week. Arsenal can't even get rid of Jenkinson because of his wages! the club is in a mess. 

330K a week though. Who in the premier league makes anywhere near that amount? 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

330K a week though. Who in the premier league makes anywhere near that amount? 

Zlatan, Rooney, Pogba.     Arsenal need to keep Sanchez no matter how, I don't think they realise what it be like to lose him as where are they going to get another player like him??

Edited by VanPanna

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

Zlatan, Rooney, Pogba.     Arsenal need to keep Sanchez no matter how, I don't think they realise what it be like to lose him as where are they going to get another player like him??

Is there any reliable source that claims that? 

6 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Ok I lied! Zlatan is on £367,640.  And yes Mino Raiola's offices were hacked,  the contract of Zlatan and Pogba were released online.  

I don't think any of them are getting anything over 300K a week.