talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

It's hilarious how Wenger is still in charge. I sometimes wonder why Arsenal don't realize that enough is enough. Boca Juniors realized that with Carlos Bianchi after seeing that under him they weren't getting anywhere. He should be the example for Arsenal as he's a Boca legend and got the sack anyways.

24 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

C-aTGzWWAAAzW8X.jpg

Classic Wenger comment ahah better financed my ass.

Don't think the man has ever spent over 40million on a single player so he has a point, Mbappe will come with a price. 

Mbappe is a Chelsea fan, (no where near as massive a fan as Falcao was with Man City) so hoping we use it as leverage if Conte does indeed want him next year. 

Edited by Cicero

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Don't think the man has ever spent over 40million on a single player so he has a point, Mbappe will come with a price. 

Mbappe is a Chelsea fan, (no where near as massive a fan as Falcao was with Man City) so hoping we use it as leverage if Conte does indeed want him next year. 

How does one know this information?

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

How does one know this information?

Read somewhere along the lines that he had a trial with us at one point but judging by social media activity and pictures he remained a fan. 

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
4 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

It's hilarious how Wenger is still in charge. I sometimes wonder why Arsenal don't realize that enough is enough. Boca Juniors realized that with Carlos Bianchi after seeing that under him they weren't getting anywhere. He should be the example for Arsenal as he's a Boca legend and got the sack anyways.

Rafa Benitez being the greatest manager of his kind should go there.

Arsene Wenger: I went to Kylian Mbappe's house to try to sign him

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has told beIN SPORTS how he visited Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe at his home last year in an attempt to bring him to the Emirates Stadium.

Wenger has made no secret of his admiration for Mbappe, 18, in the past, saying in February that Arsenal have been tracking the youngster, before reiterating the club's interest in him last month.

Mbappe's performances for Monaco this season have led him to be linked with big-money moves to Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United, but Wenger has said he came close to signing him last year.

"The player would tell you that I was at his home last year to try to get him here because he was at the end of [his] contract, but Monaco managed to keep him and the decision was very, very tight," Wenger said.

"But I could understand it as well because he was educated there and at the end decided to stay there."

Wenger suggested last month that he fears Arsenal might be priced out of a move for Mbappe, given the reported competition they would face for his signature.

According to The Guardian, United have been turned away by Monaco after making a bid of £72 million, with the French club holding out for £100m.

Asked if Arsenal have a chance of signing the attacker, Wenger said: "I don't know, that is down to him.

"But today he will decide where he goes, because he can say Real Madrid maybe, Barcelona maybe, Arsenal, Manchester -- he can go where he wants."

Arsenal legend Robert Pires said last week that he believes his former club will sign Mbappe.

https://www.espnfc.us/story/3118645/arsene-wenger-i-went-to-kylian-mbappes-house-to-try-to-sign-him-for-arsenal

xDxD

Edited by Asura

Interesting... It's how things used to be done and I remember stories of many managers in the past doing things like that where they even go to the player's house. These days clubs have directors for sport to do these things.

He would be a great great signing without a doubt.  If Alexis leaves (he's currently talking to Bayern Munich) then it could open a path to signing him but that would be sad really as I'd prefer to have both players at the club.  We could offer Özil and pay the £70m instead of the £100m couldn't we?  Can't see Monaco saying no to that.

2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

There's no one in the world better at almost buying players than Arsene Wenger. We're lucky to have him.

Agreed. 

In other news, Lacazette to Atletico almost finalised. 

2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

There's no one in the world better at almost buying players than Arsene Wenger. We're lucky to have him.

Messi?  That's another of his stories isn't it.

Apparently in that one Messi was in the toilet at the time in his house, where he entered and had an interesting conversation.  :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Just replace Ibra with Mbappe now since he injured himself two weeks ago. What a team 

Arsenal

1494241472920.jpg

Alexis Sánchez sends a message once again

According to Mundo Deportivo Alexis Sánchez has sent out another one of his messages (an interview on SKY SPORTS) to Arsenal FC and also with information for the Arsenal fans.  It's not the first time he's sent this sort off message out and in the past he's always done it around the same time of the season seeming to be telling the club to sort things out in the transfer window so as be more competitive.

These are some of his quotes;

"The season hasn't been for for me because I came here to win trophies, to be playing semi-finals in the Champions League and to be winning the Premier League.  I am very disappointed not to have been involved in those situations."

"If a player is to be remembered and be seen as to have made it, he needs to be at a club playing at the top echelons and to win the Champions League and league titles."

"Life is short and so is a footballer's career.  Every training session we have I want to win, the matches we play I want to win that that's the impotence that I feel when I go home sad and seeing the faces of the fans at the end of the game living again the same disappointments.  I don't just play for me, I play for my club and most of all the fans because they are the ones that top it all off when they celebrate and you get lost in the happiness.  Not winning a game where you know you should be winning as a player and your intuition while playing is extremely frustrating."

When Alexis was asked about his future and if he will be staying at Arsenal, the answer left quite a bit of uncertainty;

"Both the club and myself will talk once the season has ended, because if I talk now I can't concentrate on what I want to do which is give 100% when I play."

Los laterales de Robert, en problemas

Edited by SirBalon

• Administrator

'Leicester title win bad for football'

What an absolute berk Wenger can be.

Also says that 'football may need a radical rethink if teams are not rewarded for taking the initiative'. which is ironic because we certainly took the initiative when we found ourselves top of the league last season. we weren't there to just make up the numbers, Arsene, you grumpy old twat!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/09/arsene-wenger-chelsea-follow-trend-set-leicester-avoid-seizing/

Arsene Wenger has claimed that Chelsea will continue a trend this season of winning the Premier League without what he calls “big possession” and says football may need a radical rethink if teams are not rewarded for taking the initiative.

Chelsea can clinch the Premier League title on Friday night should they beat West Bromwich Albion but are only sixth this season in terms of possession, while Leicester City won last season’s title when they were 18th in that ranking with an average only of 42.43 per cent of the ball.

With Arsenal now facing a major struggle to qualify for the Champions League, Wenger also pointed out how clubs not involved in Europe’s elite competition were performing so strongly domestically. “It raises questions,” he said. “There are two kinds. The last two seasons, teams who have not had big possession won the league and, as well, the teams who were not involved in Europe at all won the league. We will see how Chelsea respond next season.”

Of the possession issue and whether it challenged whether Arsenal should change, Wenger said: “Over a longer period it is still the teams who have the most possession. I still think a sport has to encourage initiative and if it rewards too much teams who don’t take the initiative, then we have to rethink the whole process because people will not, for ever, come to watch teams who do not want to take the initiative.

"The responsibility of people who make the rules are always to encourage teams who want to play. Football is a balance. The right balance between possession and progressing.”

xDxD 

that bit in bold right at the end. How's progression going for you, Arsene? Got further in the Champions League in 1 season than you have in the past 6 season xD 

He is old and he doesnt know what he is talking about, he is losing the respect and legacy he built a decade ago. He should just shut up and do his job and retire this summer. Maybe leicester and chelsea didnt play beautiful football but thats not written in the rule book either, all clubs doesnt have to make 100s of passes before they take a shot on goal like arsenal tries to do. 

Obviously nobody reads his Eurosport column on a regular basis because over the years he's come out with brilliant ones like when he said two years ago that Barça was finished and that they may not even qualify for the Champions League that season (he was opportunistic in that view after their defeat away to Real Sociedad in La Liga and Barcelona looked in crisis)...  Barça went onto win the treble! xD:banana:

• Subscriber

No he's just showing himself up to be arrogant as per usual. It's a total myth that us or Chelsea are bad to watch and a myth that Arsenal are that great to watch nowadays either. We defended when we had to? What a crime against football that is.

• Upvote 2