talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

22 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

@SirBalon, apparently Wenger has been given a pay-rise as well. xDxDxD

Well he is now the greatest FA Cup winning manager of all time.  That deserves some recompense...  But in all honesty, his wage by comparison was a joke and he deserved something. xD

But seriously though....  Let someone battle this one out.

Where does his salary stand by comparison on other coaches/managers in the world of football and then compare what's on offer.

Edited by SirBalon

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Well he is now the greatest FA Cup winning manager of all time.  That deserves some recompense...  But in all honesty, his wage by comparison was a joke and he deserved something. xD

In all honesty though....  Let someone battle this one out.

Where does his salary stand by comparison on other coaches/managers in the world of football and then compare what's on offer.

Put it this way as of right now he earn 2.5x more than Allegri apparently, double what Pochettino & Simeone earn and has just taken over Ancelotti for 3rd highest paid manager in the world.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

3rd highest paid manager in the world.

I rest my case!

Are they going into deliberate now?  I expect a unanimous decision and compensation for all the stupid money I've thrown away over the years.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think we deserve some special recognition from the league as a whole for what we did. 

You're welcome. 

You lot let yourselves lose so as this could happen I know.  True Blue practically admitted he wanted that outcome. xD

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Vinny Jones was surely a better footballer than me (I think O.o) and yet I thought he was crap and said so...  Actually Sanogo is a better postman footballer than me and I will publicly state he's shit.  That's the most ridiculous statement ever mate...  Nobody's reduced to not having an opinion just because someone else is better than you at something.  Your opinion as a criticism is still valid.  Otherwise nobody in the football punditry business better ever say anything negative about Messi because they're not allowed in your opinion.

I think you're missing the point. Adams hasn't critised wenger he had been quite personal.  Say you're a painter and decorator do you go around saying someone who is bettet than you is shit. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I think you're missing the point. Adams hasn't critised wenger he had been quite personal.  Say you're a painter and decorator do you go around saying someone who is bettet than you is shit. 

That's the same argument I used mate.  I can say he's shit even if I'm shit!  I can say he's shit if he's earning as much as a top quality painter and decorator but doesn't provide the same quality.  It's a criticism mate.  You don't have to be better than someone to know when a person is providing value for money.

Think the analogy you guys are using has gone far enough...

Adams has a right to an opinion but when that opinion fails to stand up he can't complain if people bash him for it. Seems desperate to have a job here but I think he's proven that he isn't that good at coaching. Should just get a job as a pundit somewhere so he can get paid to pretend he knows more than actual managers.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

There are plenty of fools in the world mate.  Plenty of people with too much money that will purchase season tickets and then you have the waiting list for corporate lots of seats waiting.  It's never ending and one year out of the Champions League won't stop people from investing in that sense as many will see it as a one off which it may well be because Wenger with Arsenal's resources is more than capable of regaining a top four slot so as to qualify to participate (because "participating" is where the limits are) in the Champions League.

Anyhow...  That's OUR club!  I think the overwhelming majority of the fans this season (admittedly not all)finally made themselves heard that they wanted Wenger to leave and the CLUB (don't you love the word club and just read a few times the definition of the word) thought better of it.

Yea definitely there are idiots about but for a business sections seats in the corporation, if you are not a fan and just entertaining clients, Arsenal have kind of lost that kind of tag now that is a prestige to go there as its cool.  Arsenal have become a bit of a laughing stock. 

7 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Yea definitely there are idiots about but for a business sections seats in the corporation, if you are not a fan and just entertaining clients, Arsenal have kind of lost that kind of tag now that is a prestige to go there as its cool.  Arsenal have become a bit of a laughing stock. 

Trust me when I tell you that where I sit we are only 6 fans and the rest is corporate.  Mostly Asia (Japan).

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Trust me when I tell you that where I sit we are only 6 fans and the rest is corporate.  Mostly Asia (Japan).

Well Asian fans will probably switch to Tottenham if they carry on higher then Arsenal and buy corporate seats at their new ground.  I think Arsenal have lost a lot of their reputation due to other clubs now building new stadiums and moving on so quickly while Arsenal are just standing still while stock piling money and lining the board rooms pockets with money.    It has had to finish out of the top 4 for the stupid people to realise what is going on at this club,  some will still think what is the fuss about when they have won Fa Cups and finished in the top 4 in recent years,   but surely if you pay the money you do to watch something like at Arsenal, you should be rewarded with competing at the highest level like anything in life. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Think the analogy you guys are using has gone far enough...

Adams has a right to an opinion but when that opinion fails to stand up he can't complain if people bash him for it. Seems desperate to have a job here but I think he's proven that he isn't that good at coaching. Should just get a job as a pundit somewhere so he can get paid to pretend he knows more than actual managers.

I remember him doing some punditry. He's very similar to. Paul merson.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

That's the same argument I used mate.  I can say he's shit even if I'm shit!  I can say he's shit if he's earning as much as a top quality painter and decorator but doesn't provide the same quality.  It's a criticism mate.  You don't have to be better than someone to know when a person is providing value for money.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree

Edited by Guest

To be honest, Adams may be bitter but he is probably right on a lot of his statements about Arsenal and Wenger. The later probably isn't a very good coach these days, or manager for that matter (there is a difference). When was the last time you thought to yourself 'Wow, Wenger really has pulled the rabbit out his hat with this player, transformed them into something new'? Cesc Fabregas? Maybe Wenger was never a good manager but at one point was a great coach and a great scout.

1 hour ago, VanPanna said:

Cazorla has been injured again and will be out for another 5-6 months

Yeah, I listened to his interview live on Spanish radio which is where he released that sad news.  He said he doesn't expect to start the new season unfortunately and that these are the worst moments of his career.

He's been a massive miss for us most of the season.

Lots if reports yesterday saying Per Mertesacker will retire from football this summer. Quite shocked by this considering what he did in the Cup Final and especially with us going for a back 3.

I'd imagine with his lack of game time this season has pushed that decision, he has been fit since January and only made 2 appearances. It was his dream to play for Arsenal and I imagine he wants to go out on top.

Talk if him getting a role at the club though. Would not be against that he was very good for us considering he was left totally exposed at times. Wish him all the best.

He has at least another couple of seasons in him but I guess he doesn't want to spend the rest of his career on the bench or take a step down to a smaller club. Underrated defender, especially here in England. They don't know anything past pace and power, game intelligence doesn't mean anything when it comes to the British press or the pundits.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

He has at least another couple of seasons in him but I guess he doesn't want to spend the rest of his career on the bench or take a step down to a smaller club. Underrated defender, especially here in England. They don't know anything past pace and power, game intelligence doesn't mean anything when it comes to the British press or the pundits.

Because on the whole those sorts of defenders don't do well in England. Mertesacker has hardly set the world alight. Your defensive problems haven't alleviated during his time at the club. The quicker tempo and frantic harrying doesn't always suit them