talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

25 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I hope the board don't allow to panic buy a load a shit over the next few days now. If rather just sell the rest of the deadwood and go with what we got.

In an ideal world Wenger would just leave today and we went and got someone like Tuchel. Now more than ever the club's needs a refresh.

It's alright mate...  We're signing Marco Asensio! ;)

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It's alright mate...  We're signing Marco Asensio! ;)

xD Even if we did and got Ronaldo, Kroos & Ramos along with him we would still be shite.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

you guys still have any interest in Mahrez? When Roma were bidding, I expected you lot to come in with bids too but it seemed to be only them who took an interest seriously.

Wouldn't be surprised if we panicked bid £50m for him over the next few days. Espically as it looks like the Ox is going.

Well loads of shit is coming out today. Apparently funds for transfers have been restricted by the board after assessing what it would mean to lose Özil and Sanchez on a free next season. 

With this the senior playing staff are very unhappy as they felt they were lied to about investment into the squad. Shkodran Mustafi called the club and Wenger about this and was apparently told to shut up, now he looks like he is leaving... Also Aaron Ramsey called out Wenger & Bould out at HT yesterday for the tactics and was subsequently subbed off.

This isn't 100% but quite a few respectable people have said it especially about the funds.

Edited by Chaaay AFC

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Well loads of shit is coming out today. Apparently funds for transfers have been restricted by the board after assessing what it would mean to lose Özil and Sanchez on a free next season. 

With this the senior playing staff are very unhappy as they felt they were lied to about investment into the squad. Shkodran Mustafi called the club and Wenger about this and was apparently told to shut up, now he looks like he is leaving... Also Aaron Ramsey called out Wenger & Bould out at HT yesterday for the tactics and was subsequently subbed off.

This isn't 100% but quite a few respectable people have said it especially about the funds.

Don't get me wrong mate, but I find all of that totally hilarious. I want all those Arsenal fans mild on Wenger and firm beleivers in him and how the club is being run to suffer. 

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Don't get me wrong mate, but I find all of that totally hilarious. I want all those Arsenal fans mild on Wenger and firm beleivers in him and how the club is being run to suffer. 

It's actually embarrassing how this wasn't put to an end at the end of last season. Wenger should have left with that FA Cup and a brilliant last display. We have just enabled him to create utter turmoil at the club now.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It's actually embarrassing how this wasn't put to an end at the end of last season. Wenger should have left with that FA Cup and a brilliant last display. We have just enabled him to create utter turmoil at the club now.

Mate... He should've gone years ago, not last year!

The writing has been on the wall for years and you tell me what was so good about last year compared to 6 or 7 years ago. Not unless you subscribe to the stadium payments bollocks. 

Just now, Cicero said:

The moment Guardiola became available in 2012 was the moment Arsenal should have told Wenger to fuck off. 

That was Wenger's most defensive moment toward the press. Many have forgotten about that... I know from serious writers that Guardiola held important talks with certain Arsenal hierarchy.

Many have said that was the perfect job for him and not the City position. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

That was Wenger's most defensive moment toward the press. Many have forgotten about that... I know from serious writers that Guardiola held important talks with certain Arsenal hierarchy.

Many have said that was the perfect job for him and not the City position. 

Arsenal don't spend enough for a manager like Pep. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Arsenal don't spend enough for a manager like Pep. 

Arsenal was setup for him to change the structure and a club that is organic and without the pressure to bring the Champions League.

He spends because of expectancy amongst other factors.

Plus, Arsenal CAN and have been able to spend. He probably would've gotten rid of a lot of deadwood that's lingered for a long while and what's for sure, he would've gotten a lot more out of what's there. No signings of Elneny, Xhaka or others of the ilk.

Look at the whole picture mate. 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Arsenal was setup for him to change the structure and a club that is organic and without the pressure to bring the Champions League.

He spends because of expectancy amongst other factors.

Plus, Arsenal CAN and have been able to spend. He probably would've gotten rid of a lot of deadwood that's lingered for a long while and what's for sure, he would've gotten a lot more out of what's there. No signings of Elneny, Xhaka or others of the ilk.

Look at the whole picture mate. 

I think you lot missed a trick when Klopp became available to be honest. 

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think you lot missed a trick when Klopp became available to be honest. 

Guardiola, Klopp, Emery, Sampaoli, Conte.... A list can be formulated.

He is using the club for his own vanity. He has been questioned more and more as the years have gone by and lately it's become extreme.

If there's one thing I agree with Mourinho on, it's everything he's said about Wenger in his criticisms. 

And our new breed of Arsenal fans are even worse... A bunch of ponces! They disgust me. 

Edited by SirBalon

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

There a bit of a Liverpool 2010 aura about Arsenal at the moment, it took them years to get back and haven't consistently secured that yet. Liverpool hit a low with Hodgson, will Wenger plumb depths as low? 

It's a hell of a lot worse than the Liverpool situation even if it isn't translated on the league table. It's not just about results!  There's a lot more to all of this. 

Wenger needs to come out and tell the fans what is going from his interview yesterday. When he said he is sorry that the fans think this is his fault. He has the balls to come out and say the board arent doing anything then fans will leave off of Wenger but no one says anything at all, i dont know any other club like this,  in Italy, Spain, Holland etc fans will storm training ground and demand answers.  

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

It's a hell of a lot worse than the Liverpool situation even if it isn't translated on the league table. It's not just about results!  There's a lot more to all of this. 

We were playing some of the worst football I've ever seen at Liverpool and with Gillett and Hicks also staring administration right in the face. Things were absolutely dire back then.

Arsenal have financial strength. But Wenger has totally lost the plot and Stan Kroenke doesn't care about ambition as long as he has a stadium in a big city where he can charge high prices (see: moving his NFL team to LA & Arsenal's insane ticket prices). I also think a lot of the players are just not good enough - particularly Welbeck and Xhaka. I legitimately can't see how Welbeck went the full 90 yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Apparently there was a meeting yesterday and now Wenger will sell certain players as he only wants to keep the players who want to be there. xD

The u-turn is embarrasing, I fully expect Alexis & Chamberlain to go with a few more. Hilarious to do this after saying they won't be sold. The club should have dealt with this situation months ago and now we are dealing with it 2 days before the end of the window...

11 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Apparently there was a meeting yesterday and now Wenger will sell certain players as he only wants to keep the players who want to be there. xD

The u-turn is embarrasing, I fully expect Alexis & Chamberlain to go with a few more. Hilarious to do this after saying they won't be sold. The club should have dealt with this situation months ago and now we are dealing with it 2 days before the end of the window...

It'll be interesting to see how you manage this season with a squad of about 3 players :ph34r:

Edited by Burning Gold