talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Linked with Andrea Conti from Atalanta. All for this signing and hopefully displaces Moses out of the XI. 

Hopefully? He could benefit from competition but he's hardly the definition of a weak link.

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Much rather keep Milner at LB. 

... or you can sign an established left back with plenty of Champions League experience and allow James Milner to play in midfield more often?

When concerning LFC one has only trust Barrett, Joyce and Smith. Though Barrett is joining LFC.

Anyways, Ben Smith has only stated that LFC is most likely to sign Keita and Virgil van Dijk, and no one else. He also added that Sturridge is most likely to leave.

11 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

... or you can sign an established left back with plenty of Champions League experience and allow James Milner to play in midfield more often?

I don't think Milner gets in our midfield to be honest, certainly when everyone's fit. 

Id much rather us look for a young(ish) LB that Klopp can develop and who can lock the position down for a few years instead of a City throw away at the end of his career. 

3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

When concerning LFC one has only trust Barrett, Joyce and Smith. Though Barrett is joining LFC.

Anyways, Ben Smith has only stated that LFC is most likely to sign Keita and Virgil van Dijk, and no one else. He also added that Sturridge is most likely to leave.

Klopp has said publicly that a wide attacking player is a priority for us so Ben Smith is wrong about VVD and Keita being our only signings. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I don't think Milner gets in our midfield to be honest, certainly when everyone's fit. 

Id much rather us look for a young(ish) LB that Klopp can develop and who can lock the position down for a few years instead of a City throw away at the end of his career. 

I agree that a younger left back that's ready for the first team would be more ideal but I don't think Clichy as a squad player should be completely dismissed.

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp has said publicly that a wide attacking player is a priority for us so Ben Smith is wrong about VVD and Keita being our only signings. 

I should have phrased that properly.  Smith stated that as of now, those are the two that are being worked on.

Klopp will most likely  sign more, considering Bascombe has reported about the huge transfer kitty a the German's disposal. But as of now, the club is looking to complete deals on those two.

1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I should have phrased that properly.  Smith stated that as of now, those the two that are being worked on.

Klopp will most sign more, considering Bascombe has reported about the huge transfer kitty a the German's disposal.

Ryan Sessignon as well by all accounts but Spurs are also in for him and with their track record of intergrating youngsters into the first team they are rightly favourites. 

I really do want us to sign Cairney - think he'd fit into Rafa's system alongside Shelvey. We need a new striker as well as a new winger, left back, right back, goalkeeper and centre back.

A long summer ahead but I'm sure we'll end up with the players required. 

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Hopefully? He could benefit from competition but he's hardly the definition of a weak link.

Fair point. Been a bit too harsh on Moses recently but we should be looking for options. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ryan Sessignon as well by all accounts but Spurs are also in for him and with their track record of intergrating youngsters into the first team they are rightly favourites. 

Yeah think Sessegnon is coming to us 

20 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not really, his release clause is only around £5,000,000. It's reported that his preferred choice is Atletico Madrid though.

Different one fella. Think he means the left back from Juve. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Donkey is a bit of a stretch. 

Maybe, but you don't want someone that slow at FB in an attacking team mate if you can help it, a fast winger would roast him given half a chance  ..he's a decent squad player but not a FB for me

2 hours ago, shut up said:

What's the £50m for, his right boot? xD

Our selling to rival days are over.

In the last year of his contract mate  ..sell him now or lose on a free   ..i wouldn't go a penny over 30million :D   ..or offer Sanchez a huge contract to wait it out and come on a free next summer 

24 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Maybe, but you don't want someone that slow at FB in an attacking team mate if you can help it, a fast winger would roast him given half a chance  ..he's a decent squad player but not a FB for me

He's only slow cos he's still carrying Sane & Sterling in his back pocket :ph34r:

Archived