talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

Alexis Sanchez could be a Manchester City player within a matter of days according to journalist, Gerard Romero.

Translated from Spanish, his Tweet reads: “Alexis Sanchez will be [a] Manchester City player in the coming days #mercato”

Romero has a strong track record of being in the know with transfers regarding Manchester City and called Leroy Sané, John Stones and Gabriel Jesus in the past long before they were officially confirmed by the club. 

Romero last night was in a close proximity to Pep Guardiola, which could be telling (or not)…

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool have had a 20 million euro bid rejected by Lazio for Stefan de Vrij, also Liverpool have bid for another Dutch player Quincy Promes 36 million from Spartak Moscow, as Liverpool have cooled interest in Salah.  Roma also are interested in Promes but need to sell Salah. 

• Subscriber

I cannot believe we are still pissing around waiting to appoint a manager. By all accounts Shakespeare has it so what's the hold up in announcing it? No club in the league would take this long to appoint their assistant. We're setting ourselves up for another shite summer by pissing around.

I'm not normally one to get too impatient where transfers are concerned but this summer I'm going to. We blew the last two windows spectacularly and got ourselves back down the pecking order as quickly as we got ourselves up it, and until I see evidence of otherwise I assume it's going to happen again.

It's astonishing our DoF is still in a job after the last two windows. If he doesn't deliver this time his job is untenable, and it should've been on February 1st.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Makes sense xD

Aguero---Jesus

Sane----Sanchez---Silva---DeBruyne---Bernardo

Gundogan

Stones---Kompany

Ederson

Sane and Bernardo as wing backs?? ..i like it :D   ...Maybe Iheanacho can play CB? :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

United have made remarkable advances in recent days to sign Fabinho. [marca]

Would he take a HUGE step down though to join a mid table side like United??  ..if he did, he'd be a merc only interested in money!!

Tottenham raise the asking price for Manchester City transfer target Kyle Walker BY HALF

The England full-back thought he'd cost £40m but moves elsewhere have led to Spurs adding another £20m to his valuation

We have turned away from 2 defenders already because of stupid valuations  ..looks like Spurs will be keeping an unhappy player then :coffee:

So apparently we offered just 17m for De Vrij....honest to god our transfer dealings come across as a joke sometimes. We SHOULD have offered about double that to prize Lazio's best defender away...yet we test their patience right off the bat with an insulting opening offer. 

28 minutes ago, FOYM said:

So apparently we offered just 17m for De Vrij....honest to god our transfer dealings come across as a joke sometimes. We SHOULD have offered about double that to prize Lazio's best defender away...yet we test their patience right off the bat with an insulting opening offer. 

You're not wrong mate!

Lazio probably also read how much you want for Sakho and then looked at your offer... They thought; "These guys think we're mugs!"

Liverpool seem to be way to public with their dealings every summer and I don't know if someone is leaking stuff or just downright innocent like Moyes was that summer where every press conference he mentioned a name the club was trying to sign.

• Subscriber

Shakespeare's appointment now means we're in the game at last.

We are now supposed to be stepping up our interest in Sigurdsson, we're willing to meet Swansea's £30mil asking price and make him our highest paid player on £120k a week. I still don't think we'll get him, but if we make him feel really wanted here, which that there does, then we might pull it off. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we do.

In other news Ahmed Musa is off to Fenerbahce. It's been a good day for us really.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Shakespeare's appointment now means we're in the game at last.

We are now supposed to be stepping up our interest in Sigurdsson, we're willing to meet Swansea's £30mil asking price and make him our highest paid player on £120k a week. I still don't think we'll get him, but if we make him feel really wanted here, which that there does, then we might pull it off. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we do.

In other news Ahmed Musa is off to Fenerbahce. It's been a good day for us really.

We'd have already made a move for Sigurdsson if we were truly interested. Unless we have and kept it out the press which is unheard of for us. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

We'd have already made a move for Sigurdsson if we were truly interested. Unless we have and kept it out the press which is unheard of for us. 

I think one thing going in our favour is guaranteed game time - correct me if I'm wrong here but if you sign him, is he competing with Barkley or is he coming straight in for him? He walks into our team.

It'd be mad to pay that much for someone and not play him but at the same time I wonder if that's really your priority area to strengthen. If it's dependent on Barkley going we may snare in.

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think one thing going in our favour is guaranteed game time - correct me if I'm wrong here but if you sign him, is he competing with Barkley or is he coming straight in for him? He walks into our team.

It'd be mad to pay that much for someone and not play him but at the same time I wonder if that's really your priority area to strengthen. If it's dependent on Barkley going we may snare in.

If (please) Barkley signs I think he would play alongside him behind the striker. Koeman has been moaning about lack of "productivity" since about November. 

• Subscriber

Paul Merson saying Morata is more suited to Chelsea than United. Seriously what the fuck does he know?? I get that he's funny on Soccer Saturday which is fine but he's paid to give these views and he's a fucking idiot. Basing his opinion off seeing the odd Champions League game no doubt.... and it makes news and articles written about it the fucking numpty :censored:

Morata is 100% more suited to Chelsea than Man Utd and what's more, Conte understands him and they have a great relationship.  It's a shame we won't see the real deal with Morata being coached by someone that really believes in him.  But the price Real Madrid are quoting Chelsea won't be drawn into and they're right because he's not worth that.

39 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Paul Merson saying Morata is more suited to Chelsea than United. Seriously what the fuck does he know?? I get that he's funny on Soccer Saturday which is fine but he's paid to give these views and he's a fucking idiot. Basing his opinion off seeing the odd Champions League game no doubt.... and it makes news and articles written about it the fucking numpty :censored:

Paul Merson is a Chelsea fan

6 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Paul Merson is a Chelsea fan

Tony Adams has recently been accused of being bitter against Arsene Wenger but the original bitter man is none other than Paul Merson!!!

The guy has never hidden his disgust toward Wenger even when Arsenal were doing well and you have to commend him for his soothsayer abilities in foreign the future we have been subjected to.

51 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Morata is 100% more suited to Chelsea than Man Utd and what's more, Conte understands him and they have a great relationship.  It's a shame we won't see the real deal with Morata being coached by someone that really believes in him.  But the price Real Madrid are quoting Chelsea won't be drawn into and they're right because he's not worth that.

No doubt Conte wanted him. And I reckon even the Lukaku transfer will probably die down like the Stones deal. Koulibaly, Romanagli, Nainggolan, Our board are reluctant to get his targets. 

Let's not forget Conte walked away from Juventus because of this. This is why Conte is waiting to pen a new deal with us, and to completely honest I support him on that. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No doubt Conte wanted him. And I reckon even the Lukaku transfer will probably die down like the Stones deal. Koulibaly, Romanagli, Nainggolan, Our board are reluctant to get his targets. 

Let's not forget Conte walked away from Juventus because of this. This is why Conte is waiting to pen a new deal with us, and to completely honest I support him on that. 

I don't doubt that for a second.  But he's a football man from a football culture that's used to these sorts of things.  Transfers are difficult these days and to be honest you got away with it by not spending the stupid amount of money Aurelio de Laurentiis wanted for Koulibaly.  That was ridiculous!  But keep an eye open for Bonucci from what I'm hearing.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't doubt that for a second.  But he's a football man from a football culture that's used to these sorts of things.  Transfers are difficult these days and to be honest you got away with it by not spending the stupid amount of money Aurelio de Laurentiis wanted for Koulibaly.  That was ridiculous!  But keep an eye open for Bonucci from what I'm hearing.

He initially wanted Romangnoli, which would of been a hell of a transfer. But we kept low balling Milan's asking price until they eventually told us to fuck off. 

We won the league with Alonso and Moses as full backs and Luiz and Cahill being our back line, where many were questioning that initially.  Conte does have that level of management that can most undoubtedly be categorised as world class. If our board are yet again expecting him to perform miracles, he should walk, because all of our title rivals are spending to strengthen, and we have this horrible habit of not strengthening after title wins. 

Bonucci would also cost a fortune. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He initially wanted Romangnoli, which would of been a hell of a transfer. But we kept low balling Milan's asking price until they eventually told us to fuck off. 

We won the league with Alonso and Moses as full backs and Luiz and Cahill being our back line, where many were questioning that initially.  Conte does have that level of management that can most undoubtedly be categorised as world class. If our board are yet again expecting him to perform miracles, he should walk, because all of our title rivals are spending to strengthen, and we have this horrible habit of not strengthening after title wins. 

Bonucci would also cost a fortune. 

Bonucci is worth a fortune!  That's the difference...

I agree with you!  You're in the Champions League next season and everyone knows that's what Abramović wants overall...  For that, you need a total squad as Real Madrid proved last season when they started to waver during mid season.  Enter the second string which performed to rest the others and they handed over more convincing football than the "originals".  Football is now at a stage where a first team is no longer good enough.

• Subscriber

Oh my god Fenerbahce linked with Musa for £17.6mil. If we make a profit that's absolutely amazing.

I know someone who has spoken to Shakespeare himself who reckons that we're actually progressing very well in terms of quality signings. No names given but it sounds good.

Archived