talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£50m is about right for how much he is worth to Swansea. No one should pay it though.

Swansea will go down if they cannot reinvest money across a few players. They spent £15m last year on that Borja Baston who flopped. They can't afford to sell the player keeping them in the league unless they buy at least three £15m players to hedge their bets.

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

God knows what's happening with the Bakayoko move but fuck me I won't be happy if we miss out, I think he could be fantastic for us.

Decent money as well. What are we doing!?

Apparently a slight injury prevented him to make the medical on time. Fuck knows what is going on at the moment, maybe United stepped up with bigger wages etc.

Yeah who knows, what is evident is that he is trolling social media outlets via twitter. 

Liking tweets that state all types of rumors, just to throw everyone off. The cheeky bastard. He'd fit right in. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

@Aaroncpfc

Ask and thou receive. 

Loftus-Cheek close to joining on loan. 

How will we meet the HG quota? xD

I'm glad it's happened. Shows we've not just completely ignored all the young talent available at the top end of the league. I think you have several players available that can do a job for us, but now i trust that we've compared those players against others available.

10 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm glad it's happened. Shows we've not just completely ignored all the young talent available at the top end of the league. I think you have several players available that can do a job for us, but now i trust that we've compared those players against others available.

Don't be that glad, we have several english HG players out on loan, return a few and we are settled. You don't really think we would loan out players without thinking of the quota?

33 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Don't be that glad, we have several english HG players out on loan, return a few and we are settled. You don't really think we would loan out players without thinking of the quota?

More than likely Baker, Chalobah, Aina, Loftus-Cheek, will be on loan this year. 

To meet the HG quota, we will sign stop gap HG players  just to fill spots. Either Bench, 3rd choice GK, training dummies, etc. 

As of last week I gave up on this club having a youth product break into the first team in my lifetime. 

47 minutes ago, True Blue said:

As Cicero said, I imagine it will be a case of signing a Ross Turnbull and other backup players to hit the HG quota.

Shame really. Chelsea have such a great academy, possibly the best this country has had in the last 15 or so years, but with Roman's loyalty to managers you'd have to be very brave to give a host of them a chance.

13 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

As Cicero said, I imagine it will be a case of signing a Ross Turnbull and other backup players to hit the HG quota.

Shame really. Chelsea have such a great academy, possibly the best this country has had in the last 15 or so years, but with Roman's loyalty to managers you'd have to be very brave to give a host of them a chance.

Any Chelsea fan that isn't in FIFA dreamland would want the quality youth in the team. The fact we don't trust them is a very different story. I believe if Roman keeps the club and we remain one of the richest clubs the youth will never see a starting line up. Then again if the money ever goes away maybe just then we could give the academy a chance, one can hope for it.

9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Any Chelsea fan that isn't in FIFA dreamland would want the quality youth in the team. The fact we don't trust them is a very different story. I believe if Roman keeps the club and we remain one of the richest clubs the youth will never see a starting line up. Then again if the money ever goes away maybe just then we could give the academy a chance, one can hope for it.

We haven't been all that reliant on Roman anymore.

All of our funds currently, (ignoring sponsorship and title win) is dependent on our own business model success. 

Just now, Cicero said:

We haven't been all that reliant on Roman anymore.

All of our funds currently, (ignoring sponsorship and title win) is dependent on our own business model success. 

Meant money in terms we can buy a 50 mill player, than to take a risk with a 20 year old academy product ^_^

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Meant money in terms we can buy a 50 mill player, than to take a risk with a 20 year old academy product ^_^

The day that happens will be a glorious one. But from an economical standpoint, we will always opt for a marketable player than a youth one. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The day that happens will be a glorious one. But from an economical standpoint, we will always opt for a marketable player than a youth one. 

Do you think that's the case? I always presumed with Abramovich a manager knows by the time a player they nurture has developed to a solid regular in the first team they're more than likely going to be out a job and the next manager gets all the praise for it.

2 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Do you think that's the case? I always presumed with Abramovich a manager knows by the time a player they nurture has developed to a solid regular in the first team they're more than likely going to be out a job and the next manager gets all the praise for it.

Think it's a little of both. Having Morata as our number 9 will obviously sell more shirts than Abraham as our number 9. Youth Integration however really is the last thing our manager has to worry about in the grand scheme of things, as under Roman, having tradition and identity isn't particularly something he has ever been interested in. 

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I bet he really regrets being a dick over wages last summer now with us. He could have been a part of our project but instead finds himself stuck with Mark Hughes at Stoke.

I'm pretty sure he's not having sleepless nights over missing out on finishing seventh last season.

• Subscriber

I don't regret us not signing him, he's had a couple of dozen good games since he came to England and even that might be generous. Can only be arsed against the top clubs when he knows he'll end up on the back page most of the time.

Archived