talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 0-2 Man Utd - Thursday 16th July, 2020

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-2 (Martial, 77") Man Utd - Thursday 16th July, 2020

I dont agree with waiving off the Palace goal either.  However, the way the rule stands and with VAR picking up the smallest fraction of a difference between the attacker and the last defender, you have to rule it offside.  

Isn't next year supposed to be different with FIFA taking over the VAR?   I have heard some talk of having space between the players rather than having any part of your body offside.   I have always felt that was the way to go, but we will see if FIFA change anything for the better.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-2 Man Utd - Thursday 16th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Peter Walton claiming the referee didnt have the benefit of reviewing the penalty call (when he had a pitch side monitor ffs) and Dermott Gallagher using words as tangle to play down the matter are exactly what the problem is. We have the same incompetent numpties who have ruined the Premier League by being utterly abysmal and not fit for purpose sitting in a room with their subconscious biases. Why use the same people? Have people that are independent and have a good understanding of the laws of the game in that position.

Archived