talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Race 6 - Spanish GP (14-16th Aug)

football forum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I don't get why they have to see Charles sweating his ass off in the garages to realise it's fucking hot in the car and out on the track. What did they expect xD 

• Subscriber

Boring race, boring season.

Bottas with another Groundhog Day race. Bad start, can't find the pace to rescue a top two finish despite having a much superior car.

Red Bull fucked Albon's strategy by putting him on the hard tyre but his pace at the end was extremely poor. He couldn't catch Vettel who was on older, softer tyres.

Vettel did okay but he ended up 7th with some decent tyre management. His pace was still poor and I wouldn't really call this race a step forward for him. Sainz should have had driver of the day instead of him. Gasly and Raikkonen are the others who deserve credit for today's race.

I know Williams are improving but those bottom three teams are just so boring. There's absolutely no element of Haas, Alfa or Williams turning up to a track that plays to the strengths of their car and mixing it with the Renaults or Alpha Tauris. Other years you get a lot more variation in the competitive order between races but that's really been lacking this year, everything is just so predictable. I missed qualifying yesterday but I could have told you the entire grid within 2-3 positions with very few exceptions. Part of this is because we've had multiple races on the same tracks but we need more variety.

Nothing against Hamilton but unless one of the other teams manages to step up to Mercedes' standard or they put a competitive team-mate in the other car, the sport will continue to be stagnant. Next year is going to be the exact same as this one and he won't even have to work hard to smash all of Schumacher's records.

29 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Boring race, boring season.

Bottas with another Groundhog Day race. Bad start, can't find the pace to rescue a top two finish despite having a much superior car.

Red Bull fucked Albon's strategy by putting him on the hard tyre but his pace at the end was extremely poor. He couldn't catch Vettel who was on older, softer tyres.

Vettel did okay but he ended up 7th with some decent tyre management. His pace was still poor and I wouldn't really call this race a step forward for him. Sainz should have had driver of the day instead of him. Gasly and Raikkonen are the others who deserve credit for today's race.

I know Williams are improving but those bottom three teams are just so boring. There's absolutely no element of Haas, Alfa or Williams turning up to a track that plays to the strengths of their car and mixing it with the Renaults or Alpha Tauris. Other years you get a lot more variation in the competitive order between races but that's really been lacking this year, everything is just so predictable. I missed qualifying yesterday but I could have told you the entire grid within 2-3 positions with very few exceptions. Part of this is because we've had multiple races on the same tracks but we need more variety.

Nothing against Hamilton but unless one of the other teams manages to step up to Mercedes' standard or they put a competitive team-mate in the other car, the sport will continue to be stagnant. Next year is going to be the exact same as this one and he won't even have to work hard to smash all of Schumacher's records.

Being honest I can't hack another race like today. The opening race kind of gave us all false hope.

• Administrator

'Okay, here's a task for you'. xD

I know drivers know their cars inside out but it shouldn't really be up to the drivers to dictate strategy. It should be a team effort with steady, calm conversation with your engineer and you just don't see/hear that with Vettel and his. 

It just seems like a lot of effort for Seb to get any productivity or confidence from his engineer. Not that it should be down to him to do that. Seb puts more effort in trying to get stuff out of his engineer than it ever should. A hindrance to his own driving at the very least.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

IMG_20200816_205016.thumb.jpg.b15360c1302c6498a2847b887e70c98f.jpg

Damn, Seb basically had to do all the math for them. xD What a team. "Here's a task for you" sounds so condescending, like a teacher giving out homework to a kid. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Damn, Seb basically had to do all the math for them. xD What a team. "Here's a task for you" sounds so condescending, like a teacher giving out homework to a kid. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived