talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Being linked with Ozil now. 

Luiz to Real. Ozil to Chelsea. Not even December yet and the BS rumors already flying out the window. 

I think Ozil would really fit in at Chelsea to be honest ...

because hes a bone idle toff :D

• Sad 1

Not sure what to say about that game last night, we controlled and created several chances to score more goals. On another day we would ease to a 3-0 win, but we only got that one and feared for the points until the very end even tough Swansea didn't record a shot on goal for 94 minutes, and only two off goal. The 3-4-3 returned and it was the same old shit, Swansea added more midfielders closer to the end to take control which is the obvious tactics crowd the midfield and take control. Think the 3-5-1-1 should work against every team just be more offensive with it. Felt that Rudiger was excellent even without the goal.

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Not sure what to say about that game last night, we controlled and created several chances to score more goals. On another day we would ease to a 3-0 win, but we only got that one and feared for the points until the very end even tough Swansea didn't record a shot on goal for 94 minutes, and only two off goal. The 3-4-3 returned and it was the same old shit, Swansea added more midfielders closer to the end to take control which is the obvious tactics crowd the midfield and take control. Think the 3-5-1-1 should work against every team just be more offensive with it. Felt that Rudiger was excellent even without the goal.

Yeah a lot of truth to what you say True Blue. The manager rested a few and brought in a few who we dont see start so often. With a slice of luck or two we managed to find 3 points with a below average performance infront of goal. I found the game frustrating and fully expected the ending of opposition attacking to get something from the game in the last 20 mins. Cant say we looked safe as houses at the back, but we did enough to hold on.

One presumes last nights 11 will enable us to start our strongest on Saturday when Newcastle come a visiting.

15 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Yeah a lot of truth to what you say True Blue. The manager rested a few and brought in a few who we dont see start so often. With a slice of luck or two we managed to find 3 points with a below average performance infront of goal. I found the game frustrating and fully expected the ending of opposition attacking to get something from the game in the last 20 mins. Cant say we looked safe as houses at the back, but we did enough to hold on.

One presumes last nights 11 will enable us to start our strongest on Saturday when Newcastle come a visiting.

Think we might get back to 3-5-1-1 against Newcastle we are "usually" good against them at the Bridge but you never know with us. We go from a terrible performance to a world class one in matter of days. Our fixture list is pretty much all winnable we need a good run if we are going to get any closer to City. In our last 6 league games we won five and drew only away to Liverpool, hope the good forms continues.

Two game in a row City have struggled to win. No more batterings ey?

Like I said, their attack and midfield (with their style of play) demand a lot of running and movement, they were bound to slow down. They still have the quality to snatch 3 points though given their bench. 

Like I said, we stay focused on ourselves and win all our games come Arsenal in January, things might be looking a little different. 

Just watched the Swansea game as I missed it due to work.

Thought we were good just failed to kill the game. Willian was decent, improved, didn't give the ball away constantly, retained possession well, looked dangerous but also did his off the ball duties and pressed well and didn't looked half arsed running about as he has done previously.

And Zappacosta can't cross.

57 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Just watched the Swansea game as I missed it due to work.

Thought we were good just failed to kill the game. Willian was decent, improved, didn't give the ball away constantly, retained possession well, looked dangerous but also did his off the ball duties and pressed well and didn't looked half arsed running about as he has done previously.

And Zappacosta can't cross.

Slightly better than Moses but both piss.

51 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Slightly better than Moses but both piss.

xD Which says a lot about Moses. I agree though, he's been slightly better than Moses in the crossing department, will be easier to judge him though at the end of the season.

One of the worse I can remember with regards to crossing (who Cicero alluded to somewhere recently) was Bosingwa who initially looked a very good signing for us in the first few months under Scolari who used a system that relied a lot on the full backs, Bosingwa then completely lost it as time went on.

9 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

xD Which says a lot about Moses. I agree though, he's been slightly better than Moses in the crossing department, will be easier to judge him though at the end of the season.

One of the worse I can remember with regards to crossing (who Cicero alluded to somewhere recently) was Bosingwa who initially looked a very good signing for us in the first few months under Scolari who used a system that relied a lot on the full backs, Bosingwa then completely lost it as time went on.

Boss was also injured a lot.

19 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

We were on about crosses? xD

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

We were on about crosses? xD

Haha Moses was class today.

Morata really can be a mixed bag but when he's good, he looks very good. Fabregas has improved recently as well which I think is mostly down to the change in the players he's playing alongside and better management from Conte.

Edited by carefreeluke

Just now, carefreeluke said:

Haha Moses was class today.

Morata really can be a mixed bag but when he's good, he looks very good. Fabregas has improved recently as well which I think is mostly down to change in the players he's playing alongside and better management from Conte.

Cesc looks very good when he doesn't have that much of a defensive job, also Kante and Drinkwater were doing all the running. The 3-5-2 is giving us very good results and Hazard looks better closer to the goal rather than on the wing.

Before Cicero accuses me of being a glass half empty kinda guy, todays game is a clear example of a game when we should have scored far more than our final total, which I feel highlights what a poor finishing team we are.

Obviously not in Arsenals poor class of finishing, but still we can forget beating either side currently above us on goals scored come the end of the season.

More to offer once I have watched the game a couple more times.

23 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Before Cicero accuses me of being a glass half empty kinda guy, todays game is a clear example of a game when we should have scored far more than our final total, which I feel highlights what a poor finishing team we are.

Obviously not in Arsenals poor class of finishing, but still we can forget beating either side currently above us on goals scored come the end of the season.

More to offer once I have watched the game a couple more times.

Nah I'm with you there mate, we've been wasteful up front as of late. 

The Swansea game was terrible with the amount of chance we had, however under Conte we convert a high percentage of our chances. As for the game vs Atletico agreed on Cicero we will get PSG or Barca, but if we finish top of the group it's Real Madrid mark my words. 

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Some of our fans already writing him off. Needs to adjust to the pace of the league and improve his finishing, but other than that he has all the attributes to be a truly great midfielder. 

Yeah, he's had some decent performances, Atlético away, Arsenal, Man United, all against decent opposition. I'm worried about his injuries more than anything else, needs to get shot of them and work on his fitness.

8 hours ago, Cicero said:

Some of our fans already writing him off. Needs to adjust to the pace of the league and improve his finishing, but other than that he has all the attributes to be a truly great midfielder. 

Well most of our fans are spoiled shits that know nothing of football. New league, new team he had good and he had poor games but way to early to write him off.