talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Chelsea praises RLC on twitter after his performance and it backfires 😂 "Why the fuck did you send out him on loan than" "no need to buy players like drinkwater and bakayoko and send players like RLC on loan" 

This posting just underlines 90% of football fans know nothing about football and 100% of non Chelsea fans know nothing about our players youth system and how we use the loan system.

Other than that, top posting Teso  9_9

6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

The news coming out of Cobham tonight is Franco Zola is to meet\interview with Roman on the technical director position.

I like this news.

Think i might jizz. Very 'romantic appointment, but if prefer Campos from Monaco 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber
On 06/11/2017 at 2:14 PM, Cicero said:

Name me a better 21 year old Centre Back that has as much composure under pressure, doesn't misplace a pass from the back, and can intercept a pass just as well as Christensen. Not many I'd imagine. 

You have a continuing habit of only focusing on his mistakes, in which they have very little significance when you compare them to what he did well on. Your continuing dislike for Matic is also bizarre, as he was not nearly as shit as you make him out to be. 

Fact of the matter is, Christensen has appeared  against every top opposition this season domestically (Spurs, City, and now United) and has come up with big performances comfortably. Sure, Lukaku spun away from him and got a shot off. Did he score? How many opportunities did Lukaku have after that? Or Kane? Or Jesus? or Rashford? 

Davinson Sanchez 

I followed Ajax in the Europa League last season as we had a player on loan there and their defence was like the keystone cops. I could not recommend any of the defenders they were that poor. However, although I have not seen much of Davinson at Spurs, what I have seen, it's helping him having better more experienced players around him. I would suggest he isnt the same kind of CH as Christensen and it will be very interesting how they both progress this season.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I followed Ajax in the Europa League last season as we had a player on loan there and their defence was like the keystone cops. I could not recommend any of the defenders they were that poor. However, although I have not seen much of Davinson at Spurs, what I have seen, it's helping him having better more experienced players around him. I would suggest he isnt the same kind of CH as Christensen and it will be very interesting how they both progress this season.

He's absolutely top drawer. We're unbeaten when he plays. Only two defeats since he joined were the two games he didn't play. Considering he's only 21, in a new league etc. he's been phenomenal. Perfect blend of pace, power and composure. Well worth the money

22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

RLC's father has criticised Mourinho for 'holding his son back'

https://www.football365.com/news/loftus-cheeks-father-accuses-mourinho-of-holding-him-back 

The only person holding his son back is his son. I have watched his progress since he was 14 on ChelseaTV and he has always been a stand out player in his own age group, but he was and up to now has always been what I call a downhill player. Someone who is above average with the ball, a waste of space without it.

Just a little education for all who have jumped on the bandwagon of bashing Chelsea over buying Drinkwater and Bakayoko.

First of all, Ruben isnt a holding midfielder. He is best at the front of a diamond when he isnt expected to run back without the ball. Anywhere else in midfield he is a liability & not worth his place in the team. The first damning word about him came from Jose after a game at the end of the PL winning season 3 years ago in Australia. We played there and Jose said Ruben was not pulling his weight and should have been dieing out there for the other players by chasing back trying to win the ball back. Ruben suddenly revealed he had a injury to his back, which I understand very few at the club believed. I almost fell off my chair to those Jose words as it was all I had said this about him from the time I first saw him and while he could get away with it with his own age group, it took Jose 90 mins to suss the same analysis. He is a big guy who struggles to get that bodyframe about the pitch. Kinda waiting for the ball to find him over making himself available. It must also be pointed out that body of his lets him down often. I am not saying he is in the Bale ward of having his own hospital bed, but he isnt far off it. I hope some remember that our present manager felt Ruben's best chance to make at Chelsea was playing up front. Again, somewhere you dont have to tackle back much.

2nd, it was not a manager who held the club to ransom over a new contract a few years back. His father\agent told Chelsea the only way he would sign a new contract, said to be 20,000 a week, would be if he was not sent out on loan and went straight into the first team squad. Chelsea agreed, only for the analysis from Jose to be as damning that you knew he would not start under him. It's only now the bollocks coming from Ruben that he had to go out on loan to save his career is making the airtime exactly when the weak minded are bashing the club again. Twat

To be fair to him, he has been England ready (For me its a lower standard than top club side) with the ball for about 2-3 years when you compare him to players like Henderson Lalana or Townsend. Without the ball his level is Crystal Palace and if they continue to offer the performances they have this season, it wont be long before the Palace fans see through him as well. They are in a Dog fight & I for one want to see how much heart n fight is in him?

He may well come from a Chelsea supporting family, but up to now I have no time for him and this total and utter bollocks from his father is everything I hate about those surrounding young players today.

They seem to forget or more probably not understand we serious fans can now watch them mature through ChelseaTV, so we know who has a chance and who is a kidder.

Frankly, if this is the best time to sell him for the most money I am all for it as for my mind he is only 50% of a proper player. We might not get a better chance.

I would much rather had kept Chalabah (A proper holding midfielder) over Ruben. Then and only then, if Chalabah didnt play in this seasons Chelsea side could the muppet weak minded have something to bash the club, instead of this unfootball educated dickheads calling us out on something they are completely and utterly wrong on.

1 hour ago, Tsubasa said:

How's Andreas Christensen doing at Chelsea? Is he a regular starter or not? 

He's featuring more than many Chelsea fans expected and Conte's next choice of starting eleven is going to be interesting as Christensen is slowly earning a regular starting place in the team. It's rare for someone young to be trusted this much at our club but then again he's had a lot of experience already in Germany.

Performance wise, not as flawless or as good as some Chelsea fans would suggest but he's doing very well. As I've mentioned before, if he doesn't make it here, he'll only make it at a top club elsewhere.

Edited by carefreeluke
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2017 at 4:13 PM, The Liquidator said:

He is a big guy who struggles to get that bodyframe about the pitch. Kinda waiting for the ball to find him over making himself available. It must also be pointed out that body of his lets him down often. I am not saying he is in the Bale ward of having his own hospital bed, but he isnt far off it.

Oops it happened again.

2 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

How's Andreas Christensen doing at Chelsea? Is he a regular starter or not? 

He has every chance of cementing a starting birth at Chelsea. Obviously he needs to improve which I think is universally agreed its in him to do so. Needs to be left alone to learn his trade in our more powerful league than he is used too. Helps his immediate competition for the middle of the 3 position is currently having a tiff with the manager. We will learn more on that at West Brom this weekend.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Ampadu made his full Wales debut against Panama, and Christensen scored the equaliser against Ireland in Denmark's 1-5 win.

Did pretty well in his cameo against France. Nothing flashy about him, but his understanding of the game for his age, is remarkable. 

Lad just turned 17 and is telling senior players at club and country what to do. Him pointing where Cahill should be in terms of positioning against Everton will forever be in memory. 

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Can't tell if you are fishing or not...

I actually think he warrants a place, but ahead of Luiz if results start to wane? I think Conte would bring Luiz back ahead him. I don’t agree with it mind

11 minutes ago, Batard said:

I actually think he warrants a place, but ahead of Luiz if results start to wane? I think Conte would bring Luiz back ahead him. I don’t agree with it mind

Luiz has been the worst of the bunch. Obviously our most talented defender, but he's been poor all season. Think given how Rudiger and Christensen have been performing might up his game, but only time will tell. Conte did say he doesn't know if Luiz has a future here, and that Christensen is the 'present and future' of the club. Dropping Christensen after his performance against United would be a massive 'fuck you' by Conte imo. 

Cahill hasn't been nearly as bad as we make him out to be, but that is because of how absolutely poor he is playing from the back. I'd like to see how Luiz would fair at the LCB role rather than the sweeper role. 

And Emenalo's only great discovery, was Azpilicueta. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Luiz has been the worst of the bunch. Obviously our most talented defender, but he's been poor all season. Think given how Rudiger and Christensen have been performing might up his game, but only time will tell. Conte did say he doesn't know if Luiz has a future here, and that Christensen is the 'present and future' of the club. Dropping Christensen after his performance against United would be a massive 'fuck you' by Conte imo. 

Cahill hasn't been nearly as bad as we make him out to be, but that is because of how absolutely poor he is playing from the back. I'd like to see how Luiz would fair at the LCB role rather than the sweeper role. 

And Emenalo's only great discovery, was Azpilicueta. 

Agree with all that ... apart from that De Bruyne and Lukaku were Emenalo picks too. 

Azpilicueta was awesome for us as well. Sold him so cheaply.