talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Morota wants to leave Chelsea already o.O

He told Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport cited by the Telegraph“I live in downtown Chelsea… What fascinates me about London is its multi-ethnicity, the coexistence of cultures and religions, but I do not see myself living here for very long. It’s too big, too much stress, too much of a metropolis. I much prefer the Italian or Spanish culture where everything is so much more laid back”

Edited by LFCMadLad

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He told Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport cited by the Telegraph“I live in downtown Chelsea… What fascinates me about London is its multi-ethnicity, the coexistence of cultures and religions, but I do not see myself living here for very long. It’s too big, too much stress, too much of a metropolis.”

Already cleared it up. Even said if we were to offer him a 10 year extenstion, he'd take it. 

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/morata-denies-he-wants-to-leave-chelsea-for-juventus-after-italy-/1fumrnpg15s8b146idzik495dj

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Already cleared it up. Even said if we were to offer him a 10 year extenstion, he'd take it. 

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/morata-denies-he-wants-to-leave-chelsea-for-juventus-after-italy-/1fumrnpg15s8b146idzik495dj

Seems strange him telling The Telegraph that he doesn’t want to live in London and then telling Goal.com that he’ll sign a new 10 year deal :ph34r:

19 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

He told Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport cited by the Telegraph“I live in downtown Chelsea… What fascinates me about London is its multi-ethnicity, the coexistence of cultures and religions, but I do not see myself living here for very long. It’s too big, too much stress, too much of a metropolis. I much prefer the Italian or Spanish culture where everything is so much more laid back”

Gotta remember English is like his 3rd language

19 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Gotta remember English is like his 3rd language

Defense wise we are terrible, the 3-4-3 has been exposed to that extent that we even made Roma look good. All three goals maybe apart from the first were defensive errors. The second one was pub level defending by Rudiger who basically gifted a goal, the third was an error by Cesc who just can't be dropped no matter how shit he plays. The bench made no impact at all, Conte should reconsider returning to a back four since this isn't working. After a big defeat we usually bounce back, but as the bus is coming on the weekend and the team failed to break a sweat for the loud away fans who spent their well earned money to see little to no effort at all. In the first half we missed a few sitters which could have brought us to life but in the second we just waited for the 90 minutes to end. I can accept a defeat but not a one in which the team didn't even try. We will probably have Kante back for United, shame we won't have a solid back three too.

Conte is on course to suffer the same fate as Ancelotti. 

Ancelotti never had a plan B (ignoring the fact that our board fucked him in the summer by getting rid of Deco, Ballack, and Joe Cole and  only replacing them with fucking Ramires). 3 at the back for me is finished. When teams like Palace expose your weakness, it's time to change it up. . 

Morata

Hazard------------------Pedro

------Kante----Drinkwater--

Bakayoko

Azpilicueta---Luiz---Rudiger----Zappacosta

Courtois

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't say we'd have to abandon the formation I just think he needs explore other options. Football is about identity and normally the top level managers will put full faith in their ideas (which is a good thing and helps get the players on board) but sometimes they are too stubborn and resist change which they can ultimately pay the price for. 

Part of the problem has been the injuries, players playing half fit etc. We've looked good with the three man midfield, Luiz, Baka and Kante I like a lot, even throw Fabregas in there as well but it shouldn't be used every game and it's good to see Conte has looked to explore that option. I think Conte being the tactical manager he is could well look to change things tactically for us, he did a lot of experimentation in the first 4-6 months of taking charge and he has been one of the best tactical managers we've had. The 3-4-3 is fine in my opinion if everyone's available but I think we should look to show more versatility this season. You knew the exact way Roma for example were going to play against us last night and for me that was the ideal game to switch things up.

I would encourage you lot to watch snippets from the games last season, the point where Conte switched to the 3-4-3 is a good starting point and see the difference. Watch some of the first half of the 5-0 game back against Everton for example and the difference was shocking in my eyes, in terms of the space and tactical set up of the opposition.  

I think tactical reasons are playing a significant part but also injuries, schedule and a slight drop in intensity as well from the players.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I wouldn't say we'd have to abandon the formation I just think he needs explore other options. Football is about identity and normally the top level managers will put full faith in their ideas (which is a good thing and helps get the players on board) but sometimes they are too stubborn and resist change which they can ultimately pay the price for. 

Part of the problem has been the injuries, players playing half fit etc. We've looked good with the three man midfield, Luiz, Baka and Kante I like a lot, even throw Fabregas in there as well but it shouldn't be used every game and it's good to see Conte has looked to explore that option. I think Conte being the tactical manager he is could well look to change things tactically for us, he did a lot of experimentation in the first 4-6 months of taking charge and he has been one of the best tactical managers we've had. The 3-4-3 is fine in my opinion if everyone's available but I think we should look to show more versatility this season. You knew the exact way Roma for example were going to play against us last night and for me that was the ideal game to switch things up.

I would encourage you lot to watch snippets from the games last season, the point where Conte switched to the 3-4-3 is a good starting point and see the difference. Watch some of the first half of the 5-0 game back against Everton for example and the difference was shocking in my eyes, in terms of the space and tactical set up of the opposition.  

I think tactical reasons are playing a significant part but also injuries, schedule and a slight drop in intensity as well from the players.

Last year, teams wouldn't press our back 3 (bar City, Spurs, and Arsenal in the FA Cup Final)  That in itself gave us the advantage as we had the space to move the ball freely and as a cohesive unit.  Mix that in with no European fixtures, the focus and fitness of our players were top notch. 

We are easily exposable now. Teams now know that if they put pressure to our back three, it forces our wingbacks to drop deeper. They put pressure on our wingbacks, especially limited ones like Alonso and Moses, we only have two midfielders as outlets, to which they themselves are under pressure, leaving us no choice but to hoof it. I believe this has created a lack of confidence in the side. Change is needed and a good run of victories. I'm 100% sure Conte is capable of it. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1