talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

To dig something up from 2014 on Andreas Christensen:

I understand the doubts people have about him physically but he needs an extended run in the team and with that hopefully he'll improve otherwise he'll just end up being successful somewhere else like De Bruyne, Lukaku, Salah or whoever.

There has always been this quiet hype around Christensen. He'll make the grade, I'm sure (that isn't a bold statement). Hopefully next year, RLC and Christensen are nailed on starters.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

There has always been this quiet hype around Christensen. He'll make the grade, I'm sure (that isn't a bold statement). Hopefully next year, RLC and Christensen are nailed on starters.

Yeah mate, I'm sure he'll have a decent career (wherever that is we'll have to see). The next two years are important for him.

Well I wouldn’t be swinging my dick above my head on Christensen. He made a ton of mistakes throughout the game, but unlike the Roma at home game, this time luck was with him and he got away with it.

Just off the top of my head, he allowed Lukaku to turn by being a country mile away from him, turning the one way he always turns n forced the keeper into a great save. Terrible defending! Then up the other end he has what must be called a free header to score and he shoulders it. Fucking useless. Then his worse mistake of the game. United with their manager who has moved on from the previous managers trick of bringing Fellaini on in a forward position (Maybe not) when they are behind, had Bailey launch the ball forward aimed at Fellaini and Christensen completely loses the flight of the ball and jumps far too early allowing the ball to find its target who brings out another great save out of our keeper. When you add the free kick he gave away which Rashford had deflected over the bar in injury time, you can safely say young Christensen walked off the pitch far more lucky than he did against Roma.

You guys are far too easily pleased.

I was at the game which was electric at times and I must say we deserved the win by a much bigger margin. He may have scored the winner, but our new CF isn’t what I would call a natural finisher. I understand Fabregas took the piss out of him on the amount of chances he blew in an interview after the game? I shall watch it soon.

Great win and I guess there is now a case to call us Kante’s team. Wonderful player & his workrate alongside Bakayoko, who in turn showed why our worst player last season is now wearing Red, allowed the beautiful Magic hat wearer Fabregas to have probably his best game of the season.

Name me a better 21 year old Centre Back that has as much composure under pressure, doesn't misplace a pass from the back, and can intercept a pass just as well as Christensen. Not many I'd imagine. 

You have a continuing habit of only focusing on his mistakes, in which they have very little significance when you compare them to what he did well on. Your continuing dislike for Matic is also bizarre, as he was not nearly as shit as you make him out to be. 

Fact of the matter is, Christensen has appeared  against every top opposition this season domestically (Spurs, City, and now United) and has come up with big performances comfortably. Sure, Lukaku spun away from him and got a shot off. Did he score? How many opportunities did Lukaku have after that? Or Kane? Or Jesus? or Rashford? 

I am also easily pleased but credit where is due. I am the first to slag off Cesc when he is shit, but he was very good yesterday so i will obviously admit it. The only bad game i recall from Christensen is the Roma home game, the rest he was more than good enough for a 21 year old, and it is known that the CB's mature more later in their careers. 

9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I am also easily pleased but credit where is due. I am the first to slag off Cesc when he is shit, but he was very good yesterday so i will obviously admit it. The only bad game i recall from Christensen is the Roma home game, the rest he was more than good enough for a 21 year old, and it is known that the CB's mature more later in their careers. 

The 3-5-2 gives us the most solidity in my opinion, but that is only when Kante is there. Same goes with the 3-4-3. 

Expect us to play the former against top opposition, as control in the midfield is crucial. Still think we need to go after a LWB and another ST in January. 

Just now, Cicero said:

The 3-5-2 gives us the most solidity in my opinion, but that is only when Kante is there. Same goes with the 3-4-3. 

Expect us to play the former against top opposition, as control in the midfield is crucial. Still think we need to go after a LWB and another ST in January. 

Yes and hope Drinkwater gets more time he looks excellent in the little time he played, no nonsense player i like that.

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Michael Emenalo has resigned from his position as Chelsea technical director, sources have confirmed to ESPN FC.

Many more sources also claiming the same

Apparently, he was 'Let Go' according to some sources. It's no mystery that Emenalo and Conte never saw eye to eye, almost at times avoiding each other.

Maybe Roman has realised the issues lie within the board, rather than the manager? And maybe Roman values Conte more than any manager we've ever had and wants Conte to have final say in football matters? A technical director of Conte's choosing?

Nonetheless, not sure how I feel about this news as of now. Sure most Chelsea fans will be delighted, but I would be more excited if it were Granovskaia that got the axe. 

4 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Well I wouldn’t be swinging my dick above my head on Christensen. He made a ton of mistakes throughout the game, but unlike the Roma at home game, this time luck was with him and he got away with it.

Just off the top of my head, he allowed Lukaku to turn by being a country mile away from him, turning the one way he always turns n forced the keeper into a great save. Terrible defending! Then up the other end he has what must be called a free header to score and he shoulders it. Fucking useless. Then his worse mistake of the game. United with their manager who has moved on from the previous managers trick of bringing Fellaini on in a forward position (Maybe not) when they are behind, had Bailey launch the ball forward aimed at Fellaini and Christensen completely loses the flight of the ball and jumps far too early allowing the ball to find its target who brings out another great save out of our keeper. When you add the free kick he gave away which Rashford had deflected over the bar in injury time, you can safely say young Christensen walked off the pitch far more lucky than he did against Roma.

You guys are far too easily pleased.

I was at the game which was electric at times and I must say we deserved the win by a much bigger margin. He may have scored the winner, but our new CF isn’t what I would call a natural finisher. I understand Fabregas took the piss out of him on the amount of chances he blew in an interview after the game? I shall watch it soon.

Great win and I guess there is now a case to call us Kante’s team. Wonderful player & his workrate alongside Bakayoko, who in turn showed why our worst player last season is now wearing Red, allowed the beautiful Magic hat wearer Fabregas to have probably his best game of the season.

I'll agree with you on Christensen mate to be fair, the chance where he let Fellaini in at the end was a big mistake in my eyes and if it was anyone else from the back line barring maybe Azpi it would have been highlighted a lot more.

Despite this, I'm sure he's going to have a great career and would like to see him get an extended run in the team.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Name me a better 21 year old Centre Back that has as much composure under pressure, doesn't misplace a pass from the back, and can intercept a pass just as well as Christensen. Not many I'd imagine. 

You have a continuing habit of only focusing on his mistakes, in which they have very little significance when you compare them to what he did well on. Your continuing dislike for Matic is also bizarre, as he was not nearly as shit as you make him out to be. 

Fact of the matter is, Christensen has appeared  against every top opposition this season domestically (Spurs, City, and now United) and has come up with big performances comfortably. Sure, Lukaku spun away from him and got a shot off. Did he score? How many opportunities did Lukaku have after that? Or Kane? Or Jesus? or Rashford? 

Top Paragraph:

You dont mention the word defend once. Everything you mention is while he has the ball at his feet. The most important thing is Defenders defend!!!!! You can have all the pretty boys you like. I want someone who defends first looks pretty 2nd.

Middle:

Well one could say you turn a blind eye to every mistake he makes in a game and only offer what suits your opinion on his class. Matic last season was covered by Kante in almost every game and by the last 3rd of that season Matic was left on the bench often. Matic on his return was very good, however he continued to get slower n covered less ground. Plus, it dont help him that muppets cant believe we sold him to United. Yesterday showed why.

Last paragraph.

This is about your fixation with Christensen and my realist analysis of his performances. There is alot there to admire with his wonderful potential easy to see, but there is also a flipside to him which was exposed by a big centre forward against Roma and yesterday there was enough to see he was very lucky. You are blind to that, but thats ok. As I have said before, none will be more happy than I if he proves to be a linchpin of our defence for years to come. Your 21 year old claim...... John Terry was 5x the 21 year old defender. But that was John, Defender first, pretty boy 2nd.

31 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Top Paragraph:

You dont mention the word defend once. Everything you mention is while he has the ball at his feet. The most important thing is Defenders defend!!!!! You can have all the pretty boys you like. I want someone who defends first looks pretty 2nd.

Middle:

Well one could say you turn a blind eye to every mistake he makes in a game and only offer what suits your opinion on his class. Matic last season was covered by Kante in almost every game and by the last 3rd of that season Matic was left on the bench often. Matic on his return was very good, however he continued to get slower n covered less ground. Plus, it dont help him that muppets cant believe we sold him to United. Yesterday showed why.

Last paragraph.

This is about your fixation with Christensen and my realist analysis of his performances. There is alot there to admire with his wonderful potential easy to see, but there is also a flipside to him which was exposed by a big centre forward against Roma and yesterday there was enough to see he was very lucky. You are blind to that, but thats ok. As I have said before, none will be more happy than I if he proves to be a linchpin of our defence for years to come. Your 21 year old claim...... John Terry was 5x the 21 year old defender. But that was John, Defender first, pretty boy 2nd.

Is intercepting a pass not considered defending now?  Pretty much cancelled any service that came to Rashford, Martial, and Lukaku. Were you aware he won the most tackles and won the most aerial duels out of our centre backs last night? Or is that one chance Lukaku managed to have all night, completely overshadowing that? Your judgement on him against Roma seems to be the only justification you need on him, which is completely absurd as our whole team was a mess. Against Spurs, City, and United, our defence has looked more organised and comfortable with Christensen in, and that is an absolute fact. But you yourself will claim that he only looked good because we had a 3 man midfield. So by that logic, that would mean he only looked shit against Roma because our whole team was shit. Our whole team was shit against City too, yet Christensen was the only bright spark and Pep definitely made sure he knew that after the game. 

I will ask you again, how many 21 year olds in today's game shows as much composure, reads the game just as well (surprise, this is considered defending) and can play from the back as good as him? (Bringing up John Terry is an absolute piss take) 5x the defender when he was fighting for playing time at Forest in the Championship. Come on mate.  xD

Edited by Cicero

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

c5439c264fe0bd7b3340d51eb021aba2.png

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

c5439c264fe0bd7b3340d51eb021aba2.png

Pretty sure he's 23?

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:congrats: Top post Liquidator. 

Basically said Matic is shit without Kante, which completely contradicts what you have been saying last week. 

Like I said, walking contradiction xD

Just now, Cicero said:

Pretty sure he's 23?

haha I know. Close enough :D 

I was joking anyways. Araujo is great but until he moves to Europe he can't be included in that discussion.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

cicero must not know about J. Tah, Mauricio Lemos, Niklas Sule (just turn 22 a few months ago) or jeremiah st juste to name a few 

None of which are as comfortable on the ball and can play from the back at the level Christensen is at.  Throwing out random names you find on google when you search 'best young centre backs' isn't a reasonable argument. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

None of which are as comfortable on the ball and can play from the back at the level Christensen is at.  Throwing out random names you find on google when you search 'best young centre backs' isn't a reasonable argument. 

Don't even bother mate. He's hopeless and is really just looking for bites. It's hard to not reply to him I get that but you'll end up in a circle as he'll delude himself in some way just to want to think he's right.

Whoever took him off post preview needs to be demoted from the staff. The forum had its best month and now it's all spam again.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Don't even bother mate. He's hopeless and is really just looking for bites. It's hard to not reply to him I get that but you'll end up in a circle as he'll delude himself in some way just to want to think he's right.

Whoever took him off post preview needs to be demoted from the staff. The forum had its best month and now it's all spam again.

He's sound some times, but he often relies on what other people say to support his personal vendettas, to which 99% of the time backfire. I mean just look at this

On 10/31/2017, Teso Dos Bichos said:

What's gone wrong for Chelsea? One word. Matic.

It's as simple as that. The minute they sold Nemanja Matic was a mistake.

When you had Matic sat in front of you, alongside Kante, there was protection.

Reuters

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Matic last season was covered by Kante in almost every game and by the last 3rd of that season Matic was left on the bench often. Matic on his return was very good, however he continued to get slower n covered less ground. Plus, it dont help him that muppets cant believe we sold him to United. Yesterday showed why.

37 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:congrats: Top post Liquidator. 

Like what the actual fuck? xD

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Is intercepting a pass not considered defending now?  Pretty much cancelled any service that came to Rashford, Martial, and Lukaku. Were you aware he won the most tackles and won the most aerial duels out of our centre backs last night? Or is that one chance Lukaku managed to have all night, completely overshadowing that? Your judgement on him against Roma seems to be the only justification you need on him, which is completely absurd as our whole team was a mess. Against Spurs, City, and United, our defence has looked more organised and comfortable with Christensen in, and that is an absolute fact. But you yourself will claim that he only looked good because we had a 3 man midfield. So by that logic, that would mean he only looked shit against Roma because our whole team was shit. Our whole team was shit against City too, yet Christensen was the only bright spark and Pep definitely made sure he knew that after the game. 

I will ask you again, how many 21 year olds in today's game shows as much composure, reads the game just as well (surprise, this is considered defending) and can play from the back as good as him? (Bringing up John Terry is an absolute piss take) 5x the defender when he was fighting for playing time at Forest in the Championship. Come on mate.  xD

So you found a couple of polls where Christensen came top... Tackle by CH, Most Aerial duels. How about he came top of most mistakes leading to golden chances for United to score? Oh, and if you cant see the midfield three being a huge factor in making his life easier then there is no hope for you. He had a easier night because our midfield dominated the game, but he still managed to allow two of their best 3 chances as a direct result of his poor defending. Watch the game again and tell me what you think of his defending for Lukaku and Fellaini chances.

You have to forgive me, I am not one to watch every other game on TV if Chelsea are not involved, However I do have enough about me to give a true understanding of how good 21 year old Christensen is and I do know that 21 year old you said was at Nottingham Forest was voted Chelsea player of the year when he was 21.

I am not going to argue the toss with you. You have nailed your nuts to him and I admire your confidence. I just ask you to take a chill pill and allow him to earn your unwavering praise with better performances than Sundays, cause as others have agreed in this thread, he got away with a couple of mistakes that were punished by Roma.

1 minute ago, The Liquidator said:

So you found a couple of polls where Christensen came top... Tackle by CH, Most Aerial duels. How about he came top of most mistakes leading to golden chances for United to score? Oh, and if you cant see the midfield three being a huge factor in making his life easier then there is no hope for you. He had a easier night because our midfield dominated the game, but he still managed to allow two of their best 3 chances as a direct result of his poor defending. Watch the game again and tell me what you think of his defending for Lukaku and Fellaini chances.

You have to forgive me, I am not one to watch every other game on TV if Chelsea are not involved, However I do have enough about me to give a true understanding of how good 21 year old Christensen is and I do know that 21 year old you said was at Nottingham Forest was voted Chelsea player of the year when he was 21.

I am not going to argue the toss with you. You have nailed your nuts to him and I admire your confidence. I just ask you to take a chill pill and allow him to earn your unwavering praise with better performances than Sundays, cause as others have agreed in this thread, he got away with a couple of mistakes that were punished by Roma.

Because I am not a glass half empty kind of guy. Yes he made 2 clear mistakes that led to United's chances, but he was also the reason why those were only United's chances. 

I vastly imposed why having a 3 man midfield against teams that press us is crucial, even before you joined this forum. What I am bringing up is that you are so quick to criticise Christensen when he plays bad, (failing to even mention how poor the midfield was that directly led to him underperforming). Yet when Christensen plays well, you without a moment's rest come in and claim it was down to the midfield being so dominate. That is where my issue lies. 

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I'll agree with you on Christensen mate to be fair, the chance where he let Fellaini in at the end was a big mistake in my eyes and if it was anyone else from the back line barring maybe Azpi it would have been highlighted a lot more.

Despite this, I'm sure he's going to have a great career and would like to see him get an extended run in the team.

I have said many times I truly hope he does have a wonderful career as a mainstay of our defence. I just have to be a realist in evaluating his performances & cant state something he isnt.

Fingers crossed for him thou & one hopes he isnt the only player we have loaned out as a youngster to becomes a regular.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Because I am not a glass half empty kind of guy. Yes he made 2 clear mistakes that led to United's chances, but he was also the reason why those were only United's chances. 

I vastly imposed why having a 3 man midfield against teams that press us is crucial, even before you joined this forum. What I am bringing up is that you are so quick to criticise Christensen when he plays bad, (failing to even mention how poor the midfield was that directly led to him underperforming). Yet when Christensen plays well, you without a moment's rest come in and claim it was down to the midfield being so dominate. That is where my issue lies. 

Ok, I can understand that.

I must say, he isnt the only player who I point out regular their faults. Our new CF has more holes in him than Christensen from my bullets of observations of his performances. Currently he is my pet hate, however the upside to him is huge so as he gets better, which I am sure he will, my praise will follow. Great header Sunday, laughable other chances, but worked so hard during the game, looking better. Cesc gave him some stick which was on the money.

I like your half full kinda guy description and as I have said before, I admire your nailing yourself to Christensen. I am sure he will be fine and as you say, could well get a run in the team if the words between Luiz n manager bare true.

From what I can find out Emenalo has been sounding out people at the club for some time on leaving and todays news while a surprise for the media n fans, has been expected by the club since the end of last season. He had the reputation with us fans as being Romans spy, reporting directly to him and some say cost the jobs of at least two of the many managers who have been in charge during his time at the club. I dont know so much on that, what I do know he was liked by most people at the club and earned the description of being a calm thoughtful man who would often back those who were under pressure. Lets face it, to survive as long as he did, he must have impressed Roman.#

Reading between the lines of the many columns written since the news broke, most believe he is knackered, wants out of football to recover. Others believe he has been head hunted elsewhere.

Many question need to be answered including, does this mean Conte has strengthened his position?

I'm gonna add my two pence worth to this debate just to say something I've been going on about for a long time and that sometimes fans and even football pundits are quick to forget although I get in where punditry is concerned otherwise they wouldn't get too draw interesting lines on screens and pinpoint dots...

The be all and end all of a great team starts and finishes with its midfield.  Without a midfield attackers don't get fed the ball in great positions to score and without a great performing midfield a defence doesn't get the protection it needs so as to calculate more accurately what to do and where to be when the opposition is attacking.

The proof in the pudding is Kanté being missing and results being crap for Chelsea on a large scale.  Kanté breaks the play and adds stability to the creative side of the midfield so as they don't have to metamorphosise into something they're not.  Having the type of player Kanté is that reads danger and pulls his midfield around is priceless...  He then gives it to someone more creative with an easy pass and we then have what feeds those that score goals.

Picking on individual defenders when a midfield has been dysfunctional is wrong!...  Picking on a defence as a whole when the midfield isn't doing what it should is incorrect.

Edited by SirBalon

Emenalo should of been let go for a while now. ( Although I think as long as Marina is here, the same nonsense will continue.)

Think his last 'great' discovery, was Azpilicueta. 7 million is an absolute laugh. People talk about him being the first to identify the Belgian Golden generation, yet fail to realise these players were courted by the world's best clubs at the time. Hazard being his best transfer is also a laugh, as Eden even said he only joined us because we won the Champions League. 

With every Costa, there is a Pato or Falcao. With every Azpilicueta, there is a Papy or Hector. Mix that in with Marina's bizzare transfer negotiations, it's no wonder we've built the reputation we have now. Like I said, both need to step down.  

Edited by Cicero