talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, Batard said:

Agree with all that ... apart from that De Bruyne and Lukaku were Emenalo picks too. 

Azpilicueta was awesome for us as well. Sold him so cheaply. 

Hazard and Lukaku were pursued by most of the top clubs in Europe, the former only joing us because we won the CL and the latter because he was a boyhood fan. Courtois, DeBruyne, Musonda Jr, were all discovered by Piet De Visser. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hazard and Lukaku were pursued by most of the top clubs in Europe, the former only joing us because we won the CL and the latter because he was a boyhood fan. Courtois, DeBruyne, Musonda Jr, were all discovered by Piet De Visser. 

Not saying you know your stuff, but every article I’ve read of De Bruyne states Emenalo signed him. Regardless, before I derail this thread further, he’s a loss to Chelsea so I hope they persevere with Christensen. I also hope they give Ruben Loftus-Cheek a chance next season. 

18 minutes ago, Batard said:

Not saying you know your stuff, but every article I’ve read of De Bruyne states Emenalo signed him. Regardless, before I derail this thread further, he’s a loss to Chelsea so I hope they persevere with Christensen. I also hope they give Ruben Loftus-Cheek a chance next season. 

Piet made the acquisitions, which included DeBruyne. Many articles stating his frusturation with Mourinho in not playing him and predicted he'd turn into the player he is now. 

I agree on Christensen having a good game against United but to give him an instant starting spot? Bit too early if you ask me, if there is truth about the row by Conte and Luiz we will surely see Andreas starting against WBA. I am not very keen on the manager player fights but i also fully support the fact that the manager should have the last word. Hope it is sorted as there is a long long season and we can't afford to drop players like Luiz for good. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Can we stop calling Loftus-Cheek "RLC"? His surname has three syllables for fuck sake, Oxlade-Chamberlain I understand...are we going to watch the EPL and the Champions CFC face off against the title challengers MCFC?

Nearly as annoying as our media people calling him a 'Cheeky Signing.

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Luiz has been rubbish all season. Thinks he' untouchable like Alonso, fortunately for the latter we have no other LWB 

Have to agree that he has been our worst defender this season, while Alonso will play at lwb until we sign a new one or if Baba Rahman returns as Messiah.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

If Moses could cross and looked for the open player in the final third rather than what he usually does, no exaggeration at all that he'd be among the best. 

Crazy how that little flaw delivers such a big impact. 

Yeah, you can improve your crossing for example but you can’t really teach that type of composure he lacks, at his age, you either have it or you don’t.

5 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The BEST news for Chelsea would be not playing Roma again on the CL knockout stages 😂 exposed that Liverpool esque defence so bad Conte would probably give his team some of those enhancing drugs he took (while playing for juventus)

That Liverpool esque defence that Mourinho daren't even try to expose? xD

Man City exposed it, Spurs exposed it, 

Mourinho fucking shat himself. 

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Morata's doing well so far but I'll reserve my full judgment until the end of the season, same with the other new signings. Morata's movement is a lot better than Costa's and he's more of a poacher I think than Costa was.

However, not forgetting Costa was the best player in the league until January last season and then he completely went off the boil, it's going to to be interesting to see what opinion we have of Morata come the end of the season.

Win against Qarabag midweek basically guarantees us qualification. Then we have to fly all the way back, and prepare for Liverpool in 2 days.

Against Qarabag

Morata---Pedro

Fabregas

Alonso----Drinkwater----Kante----Zappacosta

Luiz----Christensen---Rudiger

Courtois

Against Liverpool

Morata---Hazard

Fabregas

Alonso---Bakayoko---Kante--Zappacosta

Cahill-----Christensen---Azpilicueta

Courtois

Fingers crossed we nick a few goals against Qarabag early and sub off a few starters. 

• Upvote 1

Haven't posted about the game yesterday, after an early scare from WBA's offside goal we controlled and pressed all game long. Overall a very good team performance and it is obvious that we are going to switch to 3-5-2 now which is more like a 3-5-1-1 and it looks good for the defence and offense. Fabregas had a great game because he had freedom to pass the ball and rarely track back. Baka and Kante again solid as were the back three. Hazard and Morata could share the man of the match award with Morata with a filthy filthy assist for the second goal. Hell even the wing backs did well truth to be told against a very poor WBA side who will struggle to keep their top division status this season. Bring on Qarabag another win needed before we travel to Anfield. Hope we see a very mixed team. 

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Indeed but we apart from Liverpool don't have a top six opponent until Arsenal in January 2018.

Win against Qarabag and win/draw at Anfield will set things up nicely. 

Still convinced the way City play will have their midfielders worn out come the new year. Still easily the title favorites but I can see them not scoring 3-4 goals every game like they do now. 

Edited by Cicero

Liverpool game comes at a bad time for us, fear it's going to be like the Man City one previously where we came back from Madrid in the Champions League. Whatever is going on with Luiz at the moment, Conte needs to make good use of him this week, I'd be playing him midfield definitely at some point in the two games.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Liverpool game comes at a bad time for us, fear it's going to be like the Man City one previously where we came back from Madrid in the Champions League. Whatever is going on with Luiz at the moment, Conte needs to make good use of him this week, I'd be playing him midfield definitely at some point in the two games.

Great shout. Could use him in midfield against Qarabag and give Bakayoko a rest. 

Again, like City, doesn't do us any favors the game is on a Saturday rather than a Sunday.