talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

So much negative hopes n thoughts being written about our club & new owners on the back of one friendly result that even the weak minded among our number are adding to the crap being painted.

Poor Todd has gone from being praised for getting two wonderful experienced players to our club, to being told he is the weaklink and should find a Director of Football as soon as he can to compete with the unbelievably successful guys in said position at Arsenal & Tottenham. Nothing said of course about the person we had in place who was set to have this last window, but we were advised by the British Government to remove her, a clean brush from the previous owner. I think he has done quite well up to now including forcing Barcelona to pay top dollar on a couple of questionable players as they continue to sell their ass to try and put a half decent team on the pitch by exploiting young boys dreams of oneday pulling on their shirt for real. Oh and by the way the window is open for all of August!

I am not happy with the managers reactions & words after Arsenals, probable highlight of their season. He has lots of form for this kinda thing & will no doubt pour fuel on the word plenty of the players are getting tired of him telling them one thing and he bleating something else to the media. He may well have won a CL for us, but for me his failure to find a way for us to score goals more frequently, especially when he gave the nod to bring Lukaku to the club is becoming alarming. Not many have picked up on He said it was the new owners decision to allow Lukaku to leave so early in the window as he was expecting to get down to work with him for a second season. Its almost like he is laying the foundation for future excuses if he doesn't get his way.

What the British Government did to our club would have brought almost all others to their knees. We have been lucky to find a group of people who have been prepared to pay so much, which is an obvious pointer they are not going to run the club into the ground. I suggest taking a chill pill for a while and let this season play out with a "carefree" attitude. We should be optimistic of a ok/good season, knowing we could be just a new manager away from another wonderful European night :ay:

I know it's stating the obvious that even a child fan of our club would suss. Kounde will go down as a self inflicted Cream Pie for the club, but aimed largely at the previous regime over the Americans.

Current board are guilty of trying to better ourselves by aiming at the Juventus CH and allowing that to be common knowledge. One can hardly blame Kounde who has been fucked about by us and others for the past few windows. Good luck to him and his lack of height & body mass which had long been a negative in my eyes.

The picture is being painted that we will not have our squad completed until we have a few league games under our belts. For me we will be looking towards the manager to manufacture some results to keep us on an even keel till the window closes. We have had plenty of managers in the past who have been able to do this. Time for the current one to do his job and not working on his after game excuses when Spurs come a visiting on the 14th.

I hope NaturalBlue1 is right about the season tickets being sent out today. I think this is the latest I can remember having to wait for it. After such a painless event paying for it through the new system, one would hope for more of the same having it find you.

Edited by The Liquidator

Vastly improved on any of the previous pre season games especially the one against Arsenal. We are obviously just too used to a back three and it is hard to adapt to something new. Sterling scored and looked very good so did Koulibaly and the rest of the boys. Shame we conceded as 1-2 looks like it is a tight game but this was a one way street for the entire 45+ minutes.

Weaker opposition results in better display, but still missing a host of better than good chances.

I didn't take much from the match other than being struck by the new CHO physique. He looks more filled out and in the few interviews he gave in the states something seems to have dropped between his ears too. I am quietly confident we may see what many at the club and in Munich believed all along. Fingers crossed!

Gabriel Slonina is currently in London, now undergoing medical tests... then will sign long-term deal as new Chelsea player. 🔵🩺 #CFC

Club statement soon as documents are completed between clubs: $15m deal, add ons included. Slonina will stay @ Chicago on loan until January. pic.twitter.com/idgM1ShRXY

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 1, 2022

• Administrator

How much money do Chelsea actually have for spending? 

20m for Chukwuemeka

50m for Sterling 

35m for Koulibaly

8m for Slonina 

Approx 113m spent already 

Now also looking at 70m (?) for De Jong, 50m (?) for Cucurella. 

Another 120m taking total potential spending to £233m.

What's left in the bank?! All this while having no transfer fee outlay this summer so far... 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

20m for Chukwuemeka

50m for Sterling 

35m for Koulibaly

8m for Slonina 

What's left in the bank?! All this while having no transfer fee outlay this summer so far... 

Same shit, different window.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

20m for Chukwuemeka

50m for Sterling 

35m for Koulibaly

8m for Slonina 

200Mill was touted and that won't include anything we get for outgoing players obviously... 

Edited by Bluewolf

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

200Mill was touted and that won't include anything we get for outgoing players obviously... 

Which players are you looking to sell? 

Alonso, Emerson, Kepa, Pulisic, Ziyech, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Azpilicueta, Broja have all been linked with moves away. But I don't know which ones could leave for a pittance and which you'll actually get good money for to help fund further transfers...?

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Which players are you looking to sell? 

Alonso, Emerson, Kepa, Pulisic, Ziyech, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Azpilicueta, Broja have all been linked with moves away. But I don't know which ones could leave for a pittance and which you'll actually get good money for to help fund further transfers...?

Lukaku - Inter

Werner - Liepzeg

Alonso  - Barcelona

Azpilicueta - Barcelona

Kepa - Napoli

Emerson - Lazio

Sarr - Fulham

Ziyech - Milan

Amapdu - Spezia

Gilmour - ???

Barkley - ???

Batshuayi - ???

Going to be a combination of transfers and loan fees. 

Edited by Cicero