talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

As I said, AOC wants to play in the middle and Jamie Carragher let it slip as much at the weekend.

We must also take into account AOC is an educated man which has probably helped work out he isnt good enough for a starting birth at Chelsea, so it makes sense to find somewhere lower to transfer too who will meet his footballing needs as the middle of our bench isnt what he hopes for.

That sounds like a dig at Liverpool, (truth hurts), however, I am not convinced he would get that position for the length of any contract he signs there either & I feel he would need to hear promises from Klopp that we wouldnt give to get him to sign. Of course that starts the entertainment for us if he signs as he ends up back on the wing over a few short months n back to the bench.

5 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

As I said, AOC wants to play in the middle and Jamie Carragher let it slip as much at the weekend.

We must also take into account AOC is an educated man which has probably helped work out he isnt good enough for a starting birth at Chelsea, so it makes sense to find somewhere lower to transfer too who will meet his footballing needs as the middle of our bench isnt what he hopes for.

That sounds like a dig at Liverpool, (truth hurts), however, I am not convinced he would get that position for the length of any contract he signs there either & I feel he would need to hear promises from Klopp that we wouldnt give to get him to sign. Of course that starts the entertainment for us if he signs as he ends up back on the wing over a few short months n back to the bench.

Ox doesn't get in our first 11 either and he certainly doesn't when Keita arrives. He's a big Liverpool fan though so I'm sure that has something to do with his preference. 

Anyway, hearing it's almost done for around £30m. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

On paper I don't think gets into our starting XI, but the season is long and he will get plenty of chances to earn a spot. Gini and Can aren't untouchable, Lallana is injured, and Coutinho will probably fake injuries over the season. And while playing out wide for us, he'd be part of our front 3 - which is probably more enjoyable to him than being a wingback which I think he hates. Then again, the last English CM that came here was left back all last year haha. But us having fullback depth and not having a back 3 would likely mean he doesn't play as a wingback.

At very least it's better depth than we had last year and that's good.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

This is most likely our team for the season

Morata/Llorente/Batshuayi

Hazard/Pedro/Willian/Musonda Jr

Bakayoko/Kante/Cesc/Drinkwater

Alonso/Moses

Luiz/Cahill/Azpilicueta/Rudiger/Christensen

Courtois/Caballero/Eduardo

So are we going down or what? xD

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

So are we going down or what? xD

Strikers I'm happy enough. Llorente could be a great game changer and Batshuayi is also a great alternative. 

Wingers i'm 50/50 on. When teams target Hazard, who else is the creative spark? Pedro can bang in a worldy now and again, but he isn't nearly as influential as Eden. Willian really isn't even near those two in terms of production. 

Midfield, I'm satisfied. Drinkwater will surprise a few I feel and if he's happy with the limited role, only better. 

Wingbacks is where we failed miserably and fingers need to be pointed as to why this wasn't addressed. 

Defence is solid. 

GK's is Solid. 

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Strikers I'm happy enough. Llorente could be a great game changer and Batshuayi is also a great alternative. 

Wingers i'm 50/50 on. When teams target Hazard, who else is the creative spark? Pedro can bang in a worldy now and again, but he isn't nearly as influential as Eden. Willian really isn't even near those two in terms of production. 

Midfield, I'm satisfied. Drinkwater will surprise a few I feel and if he's happy with the limited role, only better. 

Wingbacks is where we failed miserably and fingers need to be pointed as to why this wasn't addressed. 

Defence is solid. 

GK's is Solid. 

Hey they might surprise us tomorrow with a wingback

14 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

No need to worry ~ We will be fine. I have strong views with what is going on and will share them after the window closes.

I just wonder who will be from left field tomorrow ~ It's bound to happen  :ay:

What?

17 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

A signing from left field ~ Someone who hasnt been linked with the club till the last day of the window...... We had two that met that description last season.

I would hope all agree, they turned out rather well.

Wing Back situation sorted hopefully. 

Now a CM, ST, and potentially another AM

BREAKING NEWS

Sky in Italy understand Chelsea have reached a deal to sign Torino right-back Davide Zappacosta.

A fee of £23m plus add-ons has been agreed.

Antonio Conte wants competition at right-wing back, having failed to secure a deal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

BREAKING NEWS

Sky in Italy understand Chelsea have reached a deal to sign Torino right-back Davide Zappacosta.

Antonio Conte wants competition at right-wing back, having failed to secure a deal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Hilarous to think our board preferred to go after Ox initially. A more expensive option and not even a fucking RWB. xD

HG quota my arse. How many players on loan do we have to fill that? 

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hilarous to think our board preferred to go after Ox initially. A more expensive option and not even a fucking RWB. xD

HG quota my arse. How many players on loan do we have to fill that? 

Maybe Conte and Klopp rate him and can get more out of him than an inept Wenger? 

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

BREAKING NEWS

Got to love those inter nerds out there... 

Never heard of this bloke until today obviously because he was never on Chelsea's long term target list rather being another one of our famous smash and grabs at the last minute jobs... this made me laugh though when I googled this fella... 

Davide Zappacosta is an Italian professional footballer who plays as a full-back for Chelsea and the Italy national team. Known for good crossing and defending unlike oxlade chamberlain Wikipedia

Born: 11 June 1992 (age 25), Sora, Italy
Height: 1.85 m
Weight: 70 kg
Career start: 1998

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Got to love those inter nerds out there... 

Never heard of this bloke until today obviously because he was never on Chelsea's long term target list rather being another one of our famous smash and grabs at the last minute jobs... this made me laugh though when I googled this fella... 

Davide Zappacosta is an Italian professional footballer who plays as a full-back for Chelsea and the Italy national team. Known for good crossing and defending unlike oxlade chamberlain Wikipedia

Born: 11 June 1992 (age 25), Sora, Italy
Height: 1.85 m
Weight: 70 kg
Career start: 1998

We have our own little Teso's too 

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe Conte and Klopp rate him and can get more out of him than an inept Wenger? 

His versatility is what Conte has a boner for. But if we want a RWB, why not go after an actual RWB?

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We have our own little Teso's too 

His versatility is what Conte has a boner for. But if we want a RWB, why not go after an actual RWB?

In Zappacosta, Conte will have a player renowned for featuring in the right-wing-back position, a role Conte has utilised successfully in his 3-4-3 formation since arriving at Chelsea last summer.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

In Zappacosta, Conte will have a player renowned for featuring in the right-wing-back position, a role Conte has utilised successfully in his 3-4-3 formation since arriving at Chelsea last summer.

I'm saying why didn't we go for him initially?