talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

o.O 

chelsea has had their worst transfer window in recent years. failed to get Lukaku, AOC, and now Llorente. 

Yes Ox, Llorente were key for us. I think we would win the Champions League with that class hands down.

And Morata > Lukaku

Edited by True Blue

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

o.O 

chelsea has had their worst transfer window in recent years. failed to get Lukaku, AOC, and now Llorente. now they are all excited about a decent italian. even though conte called him up for the NT, he never played him and left him out of the 2016 euro squad. xD 

And people laughed at Alonso as well.

Never has been called up for the Spain side yet is the highest scoring defender in the world since he's joined us and just recently scored a brace against Spurs 2 weeks ago. First full year back in England and already has a league medal compared to Herrera who's been here for 4 :coffee:

• Haha 1

The experts also laughed about Azpilicueta because he was unknown, don't see anyone laughing now? Give the man a chance, he is an International he can fill both wings backs and he came at a very fair price considering the transfer madness. Drinkwater will follow but i don't see us getting anyone else.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

you're missing the point. not the same scenario as alonso. CONTE chose to not play him and didnt even bother to include him in the 2016 euro squad. 

You should work on you sentence structure. By only using the pronoun 'him' you've failed to state that 'him' isn't Alonso; making both statements easily construed to be about Alonso. So to answer you, Conte wasn't the manager of Spain so he couldn't have selected Alonso regardless xD

14 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

you're missing the point. not the same scenario as alonso. CONTE chose to not play him and didnt even bother to include him in the 2016 euro squad. 

And? Romagnoli, Criscito, and Bonaventura were not called up as well in spite now being better than their counter parts? Zappacosta has some of the best stats out of any wing back across Europe last season, and a definite upgrade on Moses. 

It's not even remotely funny how I can say with exact certainty that if United signed Zappacosta, you would be absolutely wanking over him and posting rubbish such as, Chelsea got the L on this one. Zappacosta>>>Azpilicueta 

Edited by Cicero
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hazard starting for Belgium xD 

Martinez has no shame.

Apparently it was arranged by Conte and Martinez that he will have some play time. Didn't expect him to start, but then again he looked fit as fuck against the Everton's under 23

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Seems a daft thing to do given he is not even playing for us currently and its a game they could afford to leave him out of in all honesty.. 

Martinez being Martinez probably thinks Gibraltar pose a real threat...

Don't know how true this is or if it is a wind up, but apparently Llorente didn't reject us. It was just that our board were negotiating prices with Swansea, to which Spurs came in and paid what they demanded and got on with it. 

If so, I wouldn't even blame Conte if he walked. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Conte has looked unhappy all summer, I don't buy into the theory that everything is rosy behind the scenes and the new contract was just so that he can walk away with more money when things turn sour and Roman sacks him. Given the fact that Chelsea have missed out on some pretty key targets (Lukaku, Llorente and potentially Mahrez/Drinkwater) I could honestly see Antonio finishing this season as an unemployed piece of Chelsea's history.

If Roman sacks Conte, it will do so much harm for this club going forward. Players are now rejecting us because of our reputation, now elite managers won't want to come here after Conte's treatment. I would have a tremendous amount of respect for Roman if instead of sacking Conte, he looks at his board, because that is inevitably where the problems truly lie. 

If that Llorente rumor is true, Conte will lose his hair. Again. 

So just the two bodies in the end.

Could have been worse and lets face it, this allows the weak minded of the football world, and we all know who they are, the material they need to bash over the head and ask whats going on.

Hang on, didnt they do the same last year? Haha

We will be fine & I hope, while he continues to be with us, our manager learns something from this summer. For me, he is the main reason for this summers drama.

Needs to keep his suit on, show the undeniable passion he has for the game, but most of all, keep his mouth shut on how the club should be run, Something he has been unable to do at any club he has sat in the hot seat.

Drinkwater sounds like a very humble person from his interview. We now have 4 proper CM's. League winning CM's. Not too bad. 

Morata comes in for Costa

Bakayoko comes in for Matic

Drinkwater comes in for Chalobah

Rudiger comes in for Zouma

Christensen comes in for Terry

Caballero comes in for Begovic

Ake, Loftus-Cheek, Aina,  Out 

Zappacosta, Musonda Jr. In

Not by any means a travesty. Definite improvement in some areas, but depth is still very thin. Going to be asking a lot out of Musonda Jr and Batshuayi.

As Liquidator hinted, this will take a lot of pressure off of us. 

For the moment we have 22 player, without the keepers 19. We still have Remy on our books, even tough i think he could leave for Spain. In all seriousness he coudl be worth keeping as the third striker option. The team is slightly better and refreshed, the bench now looks far better.

Morata

Hazard--------------------Pedro

Alonso-------Bakayoko-----Kante----Zappacosta

Rudiger-------Luiz------Azpilicueta

Courtois

Batshuayi, Remy, Willian, Musonda Jr., Fabregas, Drinkwater, Moses, Cahill, Christensen, Caballero

@True BlueYeah depth is sorted. Hope the media continue to put us in 'crises' mode like they did last season. Puts the pressure off of us. 

Edited by Cicero

The media has never been a fan of Chelsea, could care less Conte doesn't seem bothered. He made things work that people laughed at. They said Luiz was shit, Alonso was shit, Moses is average and so on. He should just keep the team on a very high level and even the names that are not households will exceed their potential.