talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Just now, Bluewolf said:

I was reading this morning that Drinkdriver & Bakayoko will not be part of Lampard's plans... 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/28/frank-lampard-decides-sell-chelsea-flops-tiemoue-bakayoko-danny-drinkwater-10473564/

I'd be surprised with Drinkwater given Ruben's injury, and ludicrous wages. At a push, I wouldn't mind him as 4th choice in the pivot of a 4231

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Looking likely this will be the team coming into the season

Giroud/Tammy/Batshuayi

Pulisic/CHO/Willian/Pedro

Kante/Ruben/Barkley/Mount/Jorginho/Kovacic

Emerson/Alonso/Azpilicueta/James

Luiz/Rudiger/Zouma/Christensen

Kepa/Willy 

If we took Drinkwater out of the equation that's still a pretty decent squad of players to kick the season off with

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If we took Drinkwater out of the equation that's still a pretty decent squad of players to kick the season off with

We've essentially sold Hazard, and brought in Pulisic+Tammy+Batshuayi+Mount. 

Obviously none of them are remotely as good as Eden, but if we were to distribute his influence among those 4, at the very worst we have stood still as a team. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

We've essentially sold Hazard, and brought in Pulisic+Tammy+Batshuayi+Mount. 

Obviously none of them are remotely as good as Eden, but if we were to distribute his influence among those 4, at the very worst we have stood still as a team. 

Looking pretty good in my opinion.. Got some hunger to do well in there which will serve us well this season.. 

Think I prefer Zouma to Rudiger.

One thing’s for sure is that if they all stay, I imagine there’s going to be at least one centre back unhappy come the end of the season. Going to be hard for Lampard to keep them all happy.

@RandoEFC @Cannabis What are your thoughts on Zouma last season?

Edited by carefreeluke

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

One thing’s for sure is that if they all stay, I imagine there’s going to be at least one centre back unhappy come the end of the season. Going to be hard for Lampard to keep them all happy.

A lot will depend on how we do in the Cups and CL.. If we are getting plenty of games there is going to be some chopping and changing to keep things fresh and reduce tiredness so that will soak up some of that pressure on him but if he settles on a first choice team then probably.. Some players may be reduced to playing in cups and games maybe and then you would be right, some will be unhappy 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

@RandoEFC @Cannabis What are your thoughts on Zouma last season?

He was very solid, would have preferred to keep hold of him permanently.

Sone sloppy play all around. Defence looks totally unorganised. Luiz comical defending. Alonso and Zappacosta showing their poor quality. And Tomori disappointingly showing he still isn’t ready. 

Need Rudiger more than ever. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Defending Set pieces going to be an issue this season 

Yeah, this is a worry.

Set-pieces seem to be a big concern and we're leaking too many goals in general at the moment also, hopefully, we can sort it out. 

Edited by carefreeluke