talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

On 26/08/2019 at 15:23, carefreeluke said:

@The Liquidator nice post mate.

Jorginho was poor at Norwich but starting from the back end of last season I'd say he's been one of our best players and is getting through more work defensively, the game on Saturday aside.

Thank You.

Yes, by the end of last season he was putting the leg work to warrant his position. Alas, so far this season he has reverted to type. Its that lack of leg work which is being spouted as reason Frank is reluctant to play him in the more free role either side of the middle.  That is a shame as I would like to see him with less defensive responsibilities, before he is added to the sale list. 

We shall see

On 27/08/2019 at 12:19, Lucas said:

One of my work mates is Chelsea. Season ticket holder in the Shed and goes to a few aways. He was there Saturday. We had a similar discussion.

I said it the other week and I'll say it again. As a neutral, for me, I find you extremely watchable again.

You have that youthful, exuberance about you, exciting to watch. More of a rawness because these younger lads are gelling and being let loose.

You've been too used to having players bought for the here and now to achieve short term success. There is a pressure on you to win a cup each year because of the money you have.

Now your hands are tied, it's a little bit like you have a 'free' season, to give something different a go.

Ok, yes there is a bit of naivety at times, but you can allow for that. What I would say is that the younger guys are taking it all in their stride. You can visibly see the belief they have given to them from Lampard and his team. Confidence will play a huge part in this team. 

There is no reliance on Hazard anymore and yet they are making chances from all sides of the pitch.

And as you said, before Roman, you were kind of like an Everton. Up and down in the league, loved a cup run but that was it.

The expectancy levels are not as high. People generally do not know what to expect from you, how you'll cope. Makes you an unknown quantity which is exciting. Feels a lot more realistic.

Seeing this again will naturally be very reminiscent, it's like you have got your soul back. A weight off your shoulders almost.

Thanks for taking the time to leave this posting.

While the transfer ban is an illuminating fact to why there is a change of philosophy, I happen to think it's the brave managerial appointment which is the most important change at our club. For the first time since Roman has been at the club, we have a manager who knows the fan base and does not need to build bridges to gain our respect. He understands what we crave and communicates in a manner that leaves us no doubt he is on the same page .

It must be said Chelsea football club really needed what is happening and there is a good chance it will bring everybody together.

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know he had a good loan spell but Mount seems to have come out of nowhere. Looks a very promising player indeed. 

It seems to be how it is these days, there wasn't much hype around Liverpool's current youngsters, right? Alexander-Arnold and Robetson didn't exactly have fanfare hyping them up either.

47 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know he had a good loan spell but Mount seems to have come out of nowhere. Looks a very promising player indeed. 

Not really. 

Was involved in the Chelsea youth team that dominated both domestically and in Europe. 

Won the U19 Euro 

Did very well in the Eredivisie with Vitesse. Winning player of the season for club and made team of the season in the league. 

Did well for Derby under Lampard and was one of their better performers. It was then the comparisons to Lampard started showing. 

Lot of talent this lad. Just glad he’s ours 

• Upvote 1

He had a very good loan spell before Derby at Vitesse as well where he was their player of the year and I remember an avid Vitesse fan saying he was the best player they had ever been sent on loan. I imagine naturally things will hit a bit of rough patch for him at some point and that's going to be a test for him.

He has a good mentality about him though which is visible in his work rate. I think when your game is based around that level of work rate and energy, it's a good rooting and it inspires and brings about positivity in itself.

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Not really. 

Was involved in the Chelsea youth team that dominated both domestically and in Europe. 

Won the U19 Euro 

Did very well in the Eredivisie with Vitesse. Winning player of the season for club and made team of the season in the league. 

Did well for Derby under Lampard and was one of their better performers. It was then the comparisons to Lampard started showing. 

Lot of talent this lad. Just glad he’s ours 

Yeah fair enough. I'd obviously not followed him at all so to me he seemed to come out of nowhere. 

I really like him. Think hes going to be a great player.

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Spike said:

It seems to be how it is these days, there wasn't much hype around Liverpool's current youngsters, right? Alexander-Arnold and Robetson didn't exactly have fanfare hyping them up either.

Trent was one of the more promising kids in our youth team and I think Gerrard cited him as a player to watch in an autobiography (that I never read, I just saw the quote somewhere). Robertson was more surprising to me, because nobody other than @Inverted really seemed to predict how good he could be for us (granted I wouldn't really say Robertson joined us as a kid, and he's definitely not an academy product of ours).

Granted, if you don't follow youth football (I don't really) or don't see write ups on which of our young players is looking quality (which I do for our players, but for literally no other club)… it's going to seem out of nowhere. Like with Mount, I'd known fuck all about him - although I'm sure people following his development are less surprised at him immediately coming into the side and looking a natural.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Trent was one of the more promising kids in our youth team and I think Gerrard cited him as a player to watch in an autobiography (that I never read, I just saw the quote somewhere). Robertson was more surprising to me, because nobody other than @Inverted really seemed to predict how good he could be for us (granted I wouldn't really say Robertson joined us as a kid, and he's definitely not an academy product of ours).

Granted, if you don't follow youth football (I don't really) or don't see write ups on which of our young players is looking quality (which I do for our players, but for literally no other club)… it's going to seem out of nowhere. Like with Mount, I'd known fuck all about him - although I'm sure people following his development are less surprised at him immediately coming into the side and looking a natural.

But it's the same for me, I didn't know anything about Alexander-Arnold or Robertson but one day I'm looking at Liverpool and people are talking about these elite fullbacks they have aged in their late teens and early twenties. I know Robertson wasn't a youth graduate for Liverpool but his success is still surprising to those outside of the Liverpool or Scottish loop.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

But it's the same for me, I didn't know anything about Alexander-Arnold or Robertson but one day I'm looking at Liverpool and people are talking about these elite fullbacks they have aged in their late teens and early twenties. I know Robertson wasn't a youth graduate for Liverpool but his success is still surprising to those outside of the Liverpool or Scottish loop.

I was surprised as fuck about Robertson coming in and immediately from his debut (even though he wasn't a regular after his debut weirdly) he was impressive. In fact, I think on his actual debut he as MOTM. With Trent I was a bit surprised his debut was against Manchester United... but then he came in and did his job looking like a player much older than he was and made the position his own in a big way. But after his debut, I wasn't so much surprised - his first match was in one of the biggest league fixtures for LFC and he looked well beyond his years that day.

But yeah for me watching Mount and seeing him just look fucking phenomenal, it really does seem out of nowhere. But yeah, I don't know a fucking thing about Chelsea's youth program other than it's good but kids seldom get a chance at Chelsea because normally pressure is too high to allow for that. It's early days and all, but he looks great and fits into that Chelsea midfield naturally. A bit shite for Ross Barkley, but that's his own fault for never being consistent and still looking like that raw talent he was when he first came through with Everton. Excellent news for Lampard and Chelsea.

Unrelated note, but I hope with Lampard this means the beginning of Chelsea acting like a normal football club once again. He's still learning as a manager and I think Chelsea is the best place for him to learn how to be a top manager... the issue is will he be given time? He'll probably be given at least 2 seasons, but I hope after this transfer ban is over he's allowed to shape the squad long term and it lasts well beyond 2 seasons. I always liked Lampard, despite the whole bullshit between Gerrard v. Lampard in the media, even though he played for Chelsea. And out of the 2 lads who I think were the face of Chelsea for such a long time... probably their biggest legends ever... Lampard is obviously the one that appeals more to neutrals than Terry. So it'd be nice to see him really forge a name for himself as a manager at Chelsea. Makes for a good story.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

When everyone’s fit, there’s a big possibility as well that making up our starting eleven would be Christensen, James, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Mount, and Abraham. That’s six players from the academy making the first team. Of course we don’t know how these boys will develop and we don’t what the next few years will entail but that would be some achievement.

7 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

When everyone’s fit, there’s a big possibility as well that making up our starting eleven would be Christensen, James, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Mount, and Abraham. That’s six players from the academy making the first team. Of course we don’t know how these boys will develop and we don’t what the next few years will entail but that would be some achievement.

Christensen doesn't really count like the others do.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was surprised as fuck about Robertson coming in and immediately from his debut (even though he wasn't a regular after his debut weirdly) he was impressive. In fact, I think on his actual debut he as MOTM. With Trent I was a bit surprised his debut was against Manchester United... but then he came in and did his job looking like a player much older than he was and made the position his own in a big way. But after his debut, I wasn't so much surprised - his first match was in one of the biggest league fixtures for LFC and he looked well beyond his years that day.

But yeah for me watching Mount and seeing him just look fucking phenomenal, it really does seem out of nowhere. But yeah, I don't know a fucking thing about Chelsea's youth program other than it's good but kids seldom get a chance at Chelsea because normally pressure is too high to allow for that. It's early days and all, but he looks great and fits into that Chelsea midfield naturally. A bit shite for Ross Barkley, but that's his own fault for never being consistent and still looking like that raw talent he was when he first came through with Everton. Excellent news for Lampard and Chelsea.

Unrelated note, but I hope with Lampard this means the beginning of Chelsea acting like a normal football club once again. He's still learning as a manager and I think Chelsea is the best place for him to learn how to be a top manager... the issue is will he be given time? He'll probably be given at least 2 seasons, but I hope after this transfer ban is over he's allowed to shape the squad long term and it lasts well beyond 2 seasons. I always liked Lampard, despite the whole bullshit between Gerrard v. Lampard in the media, even though he played for Chelsea. And out of the 2 lads who I think were the face of Chelsea for such a long time... probably their biggest legends ever... Lampard is obviously the one that appeals more to neutrals than Terry. So it'd be nice to see him really forge a name for himself as a manager at Chelsea. Makes for a good story.

Fucking brilliant post mate 👍

49 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

It's so much more fun watching Chelsea now than pre Lampard.

So far hes doing a great job!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Back before you were rich and had Mourinho, Chelsea were one of the more likeable clubs for neutrals imo. I hope Lampard stays for a while and keeps his style of play with all of these young players making names for themselves as well. Then for the first time in a very long time, I will actually be finding Chelsea likeable once again and it'll be like my childhood has returned a bit.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Back before you were rich and had Mourinho, Chelsea were one of the more likeable clubs for neutrals imo. I hope Lampard stays for a while and keeps his style of play with all of these young players making names for themselves as well. Then for the first time in a very long time, I will actually be finding Chelsea likeable once again and it'll be like my childhood has returned a bit.

Its shit innit?

I preferred it when I hated them xD

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Its shit innit?

I preferred it when I hated them xD

Nah I've got nothing against Chelsea other than the few idiot fans they've got who are: 1.) racists and/or 2.) idiots that try to make it out like they're big rivals of us somehow - although I think part of it was fueled by the media with Rafa v Mourinho, Gerrard v Lampard, etc... Well and John Terry, I absolutely hate John Terry. But he doesn't play for them anymore so who gives a fuck about him.

Them being likeable is a welcome return, imo.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah I've got nothing against Chelsea other than the few idiot fans they've got who are: 1.) racists and/or 2.) idiots that try to make it out like they're big rivals of us somehow - although I think part of it was fueled by the media with Rafa v Mourinho, Gerrard v Lampard, etc... Well and John Terry, I absolutely hate John Terry. But he doesn't play for them anymore so who gives a fuck about him.

Them being likeable is a welcome return, imo.

Nope, still wish I hated them :P