talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

8 minutes ago, Batard said:

I disagree. Havertz IF he settles is a real coup. He's young and absolute class. 

Ignore him.

Bloke lost all credibility and sanity in the Willian transfer thread. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, shut up said:

strawman argument, nobody is paying 50k for  25K vw. And nobody should be paying anywhere near £90m for Havertz

That's not really a counter to my point, in fact your comment is a strawman in itself. You don't agree, that's fine. We'll see what happens on the pitch. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Havertz is superb, right manager could make him world class. Is Lampard that man though?

I think he'll thrive under Lampard if Frank can tighten his team up. They're far too open, it's a recipe for diminishing confidence. 

13 minutes ago, shut up said:

bet you've never even watched him play ya dummy. you only get three channels in Hull. xD

he's a very good player, nothing more, nothing less. £140m for him and chillwell is awful business

I don't know why you're going around attacking everyone, I understand you're uncomfortable with Arsenal's inability to compete for the best players but you've done ok for your level this season. Given the drought of football we had over the summer I imagine everyone with some interest in football is reasonably familiar with Havertz. I didn't even know Chelsea had signed him, there must be plenty of competition.

The Chilwell signing is questionable at that price, but given what Lampard is trying to build I don't think it's absurd. Money is not worth thinking about anymore really.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

Just now, shut up said:

I'm not attacking anyone, but I know you've probably only watched havertz on youtube and you don't watch Leverkusen regularly. It's okay to admit that you lie on the internet to get mates. xD

it's nothing to do with Arsenal anyway, so that's a weird comment.

You really are a bizarre individual. Just because you have no interest in football outside of it being some sort of prop for you own ego doesn't mean everyone else is like that. You've been upset ever since the Wilian transfer, I suspect it's because you're deep down a little bit annoyed that you're in the market for 30+ players and Chelsea are fishing in the pool for Europe's top talent. With Arteta at the helm there's no reason you can't get top 4 this season, and then you'll be able to compete for the best players again. It's a building process.

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

actually no, i think chelsea have had a free run at him tbf

but in this market that doesn't surprise me. nobody else dumb enough to pay £90m

Nobody else had a transfer ban xD

Edited by Cicero

13 minutes ago, shut up said:

Yes, 36 year old Silva, Sarr on a free transfer and Chilwell for £50m xD

you're one of the weirdest posters on this site, or on any forum I have been on. you genuinely derail every thread and make it weirdly about the poster rather than the topic. Coupled with your arsenal obsession (esp. 6666), it comes across pretty grim. has an arsenal fan been having sex with your wife or something? xD

As I've turned over a new leaf, I shall refrain from engaging in any further childish nonsense.

We will see how the season pans out.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Eco said:

Of course, Pulisic is made of glass so I'm not sure how likely it is to assume he'll start the most games in his position. 

We shall see... we have other options as well if that's the case and bringing these players in means that he won't have to shoulder the lone responsibility of creating chances.. give them a settling in period to get used to each other and it could be a quality season for us especially if we can shut the door on a lot of the goals we let in... 

Hope he keeps faith with a lot of the younger players that finally managed to get game time last season as well... They did really well under him and we had plenty of possession in games just couldn't always turn that into goals but hopefully with the additions we will be more creative and clinical... 

47 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We shall see... we have other options as well if that's the case and bringing these players in means that he won't have to shoulder the lone responsibility of creating chances.. give them a settling in period to get used to each other and it could be a quality season for us especially if we can shut the door on a lot of the goals we let in... 

Hope he keeps faith with a lot of the younger players that finally managed to get game time last season as well... They did really well under him and we had plenty of possession in games just couldn't always turn that into goals but hopefully with the additions we will be more creative and clinical... 

Mount will start over Havertz. Being Lampard's illegitimate son is why.

We will probably see more of this lineup, considering Lampard is opting for a DM and two #8's in midfield. Havertz himself claimed he considers himself a right sided central midfielder. 

Zouma will also start, in my opinion, to help with the language barrier with Silva. Azpilicueta also knows French.

GK

Azpilicueta---Silva---Zouma---Chilwell

Kante

Havertz----Mount

Ziyech---------------------------Pulisic

Werner

Lot's of pressure on Lampard this season. Especially if we sort out the GK. 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Hardly created anything this half but we do have a lot of youngsters on.... 

Gallagher looked decent.

Other than that it was a combination of youngsters and our embarrassing excuse of a defence. Shockingly bad.