talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

I will say though, if Liverpool don't blow a wad of cash on another elite player this year, the team will probably burn out.

I think this is what @Rick is trying to say but @LFCMadLad sees it as an insult to Klopp or the club xD 

If you don't consistently evolve or improve on what you already have, you just become stagnant.

But because none of us are involved with the club, we must not speak.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think this is what @Rick is trying to say but @LFCMadLad sees it as an insult to Klopp or the club xD 

If you don't consistently evolve or improve on what you already have, you just become stagnant.

tenor.gif

I agreed with @LFCMadLad that a player like Werner, would be a bad signing, mainly because they are too stacked at the front end for feasible rotation. But a player like Havertz that can do anything would only be a boon, of course that'd mean a player like Shaqiri goes. It depends on who and what.

Edited by Spike

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

tenor.gif

Who has said that? The transfer window isn't even open yet? 

Fuck me its like talking to children. 

Hang on while I take the knee

Apologies for hijacking this topic with Liverpool crack

@LFCMadLad The transfer window is open. You have said it at least twice in your last few posts that we should leave things up to the club, and that I “think I know better” because I said I wanted Havertz. You’re the only one talking like a child here, and it’s staggering how ignorant you are. 

Edited by Rick

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

I agreed with @LFCMadLad that a player like Werner, would be a bad signing, mainly because they are too stacked at the front end for feasible rotation. But a player like Havertz that can do anything would only be a boon, of course that'd mean a player like Shaqiri goes. It depends on who and what.

And if you look at that move though - Shaqiri out, Havertz in - that's a massively huge improvement on what you can have in your side. And not only will it be an improvement on a hugely talented squad, but it sets the squad up to have a replacement if/when that explosive front 3 gets broken up and one (or more) of them leave/get injured long-term.

To be honest, it doesn't even have to be spent on an 'elite' player. Just one that would be class enough to fit in and bolster that squad. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

No-one has to say it - it's just how you respond to a talking point, a fair one to have a debate about. 'I'm not in charge of that side of Liverpool's business'. What side of business are you in charge of xD?! Childish deflection tactic. 

As for the last sentence, what a fucking weird comment to make. Something that has fuck all to do with the current conversation.

Shows you're out of ideas and have nothing else to offer right now.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

fucking ban me then you little fanboy cunt. Where you from? 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

as if you've called him out xD.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

fucking ban me then you little fanboy cunt. Where you from? 

You know Mad Lad is rattled when he busts out 'where you from?' xD Have a chill pill mate you're getting rowdy

• Haha 1

Just now, Stan said:

No-one has to say it - it's just how you respond to a talking point, a fair one to have a debate about. 'I'm not in charge of that side of Liverpool's business'. What side of business are you in charge of xD?! Childish deflection tactic. 

As for the last sentence, what a fucking weird comment to make. Something that has fuck all to do with the current conversation.

Shows you're out of ideas and have nothing else to offer right now.

Ban me Stan, this place is full of fannies. Its been nice knowing you. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

And if you look at that move though - Shaqiri out, Havertz in - that's a massively huge improvement on what you can have in your side. And not only will it be an improvement on a hugely talented squad, but it sets the squad up to have a replacement if/when that explosive front 3 gets broken up and one (or more) of them leave/get injured long-term.

To be honest, it doesn't even have to be spent on an 'elite' player. Just one that would be class enough to fit in and bolster that squad. 

If they snag up Thiago Alcantara that will bring an entire new dynamic to their team. He is an amazing player albeit a little older these days. Liverpool are in the driver's seat, they have to be like the old Man Utd, ruthless, and always pushing for better and better. Fergie didn't let sentimentality slog him down, he'd get rid of a Ruud van Nistelrooy level player just at the right time. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Lampard has had barely any criticism at all from any of the press either, public school boy, Tory voting prick just like most of the media. Loathe the man.

Not a lot to level at him right now, tbh. At the beginning of the season, Chelsea fans were talking about hoping for top 6... so he's beaten that. And I think cup run would just be a plus for them... and now they're in a FA Cup final. They're shit at defending, but he's done well this season - not a lot to criticise really.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

For us to be signing Havertz, we'd need to be selling someone more expensive than Shaqiri would go for tbh. It'd be someone like Mane or Salah for the fees that are being talked about with Havertz... and in that case, I'd rather go with what we know works for the system we're employing on the pitch now than make wholesale changes.

I definitely think the squad could do with some rejuvenation, but all of our important players... I want to keep those. Gini Wijnaldum signing a contract extension is our most pressing thing to work out this summer, tbh. After that we've got to bolster the depth at the club with players that can push the starting XI. With covid, I don't see us dropping serious money on massive players this season. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not a lot to level at him right now, tbh. At the beginning of the season, Chelsea fans were talking about hoping for top 6... so he's beaten that. And I think cup run would just be a plus for them... and now they're in a FA Cup final. They're shit at defending, but he's done well this season - not a lot to criticise really.

For us to be signing Havertz, we'd need to be selling someone more expensive than Shaqiri would go for tbh. It'd be someone like Mane or Salah for the fees that are being talked about with Havertz... and in that case, I'd rather go with what we know works for the system we're employing on the pitch now than make wholesale changes.

I definitely think the squad could do with some rejuvenation, but all of our important players... I want to keep those. Gini Wijnaldum signing a contract extension is our most pressing thing to work out this summer, tbh. After that we've got to bolster the depth at the club with players that can push the starting XI. With covid, I don't see us dropping serious money on massive players this season. 

Nah, I reckon Liverpool could easily spend money on one player. There is no way Liverpool cannot do that, with TV money and competition money, I refuse to believe that Liverpool don't have the funds for at least one big transfer. If bloody Tottenham and Arsenal can splash the cash, you'd best stop pretending like Liverpool are running on a tight budget. 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Nah, I reckon Liverpool could easily spend money on one player. There is no way Liverpool cannot do that, with TV money and competition money, I refuse to believe that Liverpool don't have the funds for at least one big transfer. If bloody Tottenham and Arsenal can splash the cash, you'd best stop pretending like Liverpool are running on a tight budget. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, I don’t believe this “we don’t have the money” lark. Haven’t spend big in 18 months. Been in 2 champions league finals and won one of the buggers, signed numerous lucrative sponsorship deals, new shirt deal with Nike, sold off players and we just won the league. Add the that the ever rising TV money. The club has plenty of cash. 

We're building new training facilities, we've got a big wage budget. When Arsenal were building a new stadium, they were also a bit tight with money as well. We didn't just sign VVD, Fabinho and Alisson out of nowhere - we had to sell Coutinho for that.

I'm not saying we're not going to make signings or that we're skint. It's just we're not likely to be making any big money moves right now.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We're building new training facilities, we've got a big wage budget. When Arsenal were building a new stadium, they were also a bit tight with money as well. We didn't just sign VVD, Fabinho and Alisson out of nowhere - we had to sell Coutinho for that.

I'm not saying we're not going to make signings or that we're skint. It's just we're not likely to be making any big money moves right now.

A training ground couldn't cost anymore than a mediocre English player these days.