talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That is so grim though. 600 mile round trip in a last chance saloon game, two down and a man down within twenty minutes. Pitiful really.

Oumar Niasse sent off for Hull. It's swinging back in Swansea's favour.

Just now, Dan said:

That is so grim though. 600 mile round trip in a last chance saloon game, two down and a man down within twenty minutes. Pitiful really.

Oumar Niasse sent off for Hull. It's swinging back in Swansea's favour.

That Niasse foul wasn't even that bad. He put his foot out and barely touched the player.

• Subscriber

You always think people are being over-dramatic when they say "it's becoming a non-contact sport" but incidents like that and Larsson's red against United the other week make you wonder if it's true.

Our match has been terrible. To say that West Ham have fielded a physical side would be an understatement and it still makes me laugh how all their fans cried about Allardyce not playing the "West Ham" way yet every time we've played them under Bilic it's been absolutely awful long ball dross from them. Fan base of absolute melts. All the criticism about the atmosphere at the new stadium has been justified as well based on this afternoon and basically it's an absolute travesty that these are going to stay up this season at the expense of a Hull or a Swansea.

As much as I hate West Ham though, and would love to blame our failings on them, we've done absolutely nothing to make anything happen in this match and haven't had a shot on target. Defence has looked alright but the midfield haven't controlled the game and the attack have created nothing worth noting.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, adziom said:

You always think people are being over-dramatic when they say "it's becoming a non-contact sport" but incidents like that and Larsson's red against United the other week make you wonder if it's true.

Our match has been terrible. To say that West Ham have fielded a physical side would be an understatement and it still makes me laugh how all their fans cried about Allardyce not playing the "West Ham" way yet every time we've played them under Bilic it's been absolutely awful long ball dross from them. Fan base of absolute melts. All the criticism about the atmosphere at the new stadium has been justified as well based on this afternoon and basically it's an absolute travesty that these are going to stay up this season at the expense of a Hull or a Swansea.

As much as I hate West Ham though, and would love to blame our failings on them, we've done absolutely nothing to make anything happen in this match and haven't had a shot on target. Defence has looked alright but the midfield haven't controlled the game and the attack have created nothing worth noting.

I agree entirely. I get trying to outlaw genuinely dangerous tackles but it's gone way too far the other way now. That just isn't a red card in a million years. I'd have been annoyed if a yellow had been given for that.

Madley is an appalling referee. One of the worst for manufacturing entertainment.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived