talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

We really have no idea how to play against sides like this. Shitloads of possession doesn't mean anything if we have no incisiveness.

Massive mistake from Firmino for that goal. 

Was thinking exactly the same thing. You just can't see where a goal is coming from. 

The dingles getting dragged into the relegation battle by losing today and Palace possibly winning.

Liverpool massively lack squad depth. Nothing on the bench today to change this game. Palace well organised and have taken their chances when they came.

Well we now have to rely on United dropping points to finish top four but their run in is pretty horrific. 

Today is disappointing but we are punching above our weight sat in third with the squad depth we have compared to those around us. 

Onto the next one. 

• Subscriber

Looking at the table I'd still say it's 50/50 for Liverpool to get top four like Carragher just said. City, United and Arsenal could still all catch them if they win all their games in hand but it's always better to have the points on the board. 

These matches are by far the most frustrating. I don't know if it's mentality or tactics or what but we start to see these sides set up as tough to break down we lose so much composure. We make more and more basic errors... it's disheartening.

1 minute ago, adziom said:

Looking at the table I'd still say it's 50/50 for Liverpool to get top four like Carragher just said. City, United and Arsenal could still all catch them if they win all their games in hand but it's always better to have the points on the board. 

We don't half like making it difficult for ourselves though. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

These matches are by far the most frustrating. I don't know if it's mentality or tactics or what but we start to see these sides set up as tough to break down we lose so much composure. We make more and more basic errors... it's disheartening.

It's more than disheartening! I feel like going out and knocking fuck out of the village vicar. 

I really like Klopp but he certainly has flaws as a manager, setting up a defence being one of them. It's all well and good looking good going forward but if you can't keep the goals out at the back you aren't going to get anywhere quickly.

• Subscriber

For the first goal I really think Lovren should have atleast tried to get his leg in the way instead of just stopping short of Cabaye trying to put the ball into the box. The rest is just the standard way the rest of the team goes about its business against teams that they should be putting away, on paper. Credit to Palace where its due and they took their opportunities far better than we did. 

I also wouldn't put any faith in other teams doing us any favors because most people would look at the likes of Watford and Southampton with clear hope of beating them but this is Liverpool and this isn't the last loss of the season. 

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Serious rumours mounting that Klopp is gone, will leave at the end of the season because of the behaviour of the Anfield crowd.

xD

It was only 3 days ago he said he'll probably retire at Liverpool and he's just signed a 6 year deal. 

• Administrator

fucking hell Palace and fucking hell Liverpool.

Amazing form just at the right time. Taken points from Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester & Liverpool. 3 wins and a draw. Superb from them.

And for fuck sake Liverpool. You had one job. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived