talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Matip probably not available with a muscle injury. Keep'm coming...

#neverplayedourfirst11

Just read this. He's good like but if this is going to be a regular thing, him not being able to sustain a run in the side, then he can't be relied upon. 

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Just read this. He's good like but if this is going to be a regular thing, him not being able to sustain a run in the side, then he can't be relied upon. 

Agreed. He's a great player, but as you say, it's looking like another player that will only play 3/4 of a season each year. Not sure of his injury record in germany so maybe we're jumping the gun and he's just been unlucky, but it's not looking great. 

• Administrator

a welcome week off for us amongst a hundred away games this month.

We've had Palace, Atletico and Everton away as our last 3 games. Then we've got Arsenal and West Brom away to finish April off. 

Could do with some of the top 6 sides helping us out - Man Utd beating Burnley, Spurs and Liverpool taking points off Palace (easier said than done). 

Bottom half of the table could look quite different before the next game-week. 

• Subscriber

xD

Liverpool fans moaning about injuries again, it's funny, as if they're the only ones.

We've had Kane, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Lloris, Winks, Lamela etc. all out for sizeable chunks of time, but you just have to get on with it.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Isn't that what having a squad is for? Amazing how well you lot dealt with Kane being out, I thought your bubble would burst but you arguably got better.

Yes, and with the amount Liverpool have spent, particularly on wages in comparison they should have ample cover. Yeah we adapted much better second time around, found a system which just produces goals

35 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yes, and with the amount Liverpool have spent, particularly on wages in comparison they should have ample cover. Yeah we adapted much better second time around, found a system which just produces goals

To be fair fair Klopp used the last summer window to clear the deadwood of the previous regime and we actually made a profit of around £10m. 

Our injury list this season has gone beyond a joke. 

1 hour ago, Storts said:

xD

Liverpool fans moaning about injuries again, it's funny, as if they're the only ones.

We've had Kane, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Lloris, Winks, Lamela etc. all out for sizeable chunks of time, but you just have to get on with it.

We are getting on with it, we are third. And I didn't say we are the only ones, It'd just be nice to play our first 11 for the first time this season that's all. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be fair fair Klopp used the last summer window to clear the deadwood of the previous regime and we actually made a profit of around £10m. 

Our injury list this season has gone beyond a joke. 

No worse than ours, or I assume many others. We haven't played our first 11 very often if at all either.

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

No worse than ours, or I assume many others. We haven't played our first 11 very often if at all either.

I didn't say it was worse than yours although if we look into it it probably is. Fucking hell Storts, pop a tampax in it was only a comment. 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I didn't say it was worse than yours although if we look into it it probably is. Fucking hell Storts, pop a tampax in it was only a comment. 

It's not you - I'm taking it out on RAWK on you xD

If you read there you'd think your injury crisis was the worst in history, we've had our first 11 fit all season, and that poor little Liverpool have no luck at all. Just a common theme and with your comment it's something I picked up on.

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

It's not you - I'm taking it out on RAWK on you xD

If you read there you'd think your injury crisis was the worst in history, we've had our first 11 fit all season, and that poor little Liverpool have no luck at all. Just a common theme and with your comment it's something I picked up on.

You actually go on Rawk? 

Wow 😲 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I wouldn't even know what Spurs forum to go on but if I did then I'm sure I'd find a multitude of plebs on there as well. 

Their subreddit is awful like RAWK is. Well it's about half awful, half good memes... sort of like our subreddit.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I wouldn't even know what Spurs forum to go on but if I did then I'm sure I'd find a multitude of plebs on there as well. 

Fighting Cock (yep, that's their forum name) is no different than RAWK. Though, I do find their customised emoticons interesting.

@topic

Matip is really like Agger. Good player with injury troubles. 

On 20/04/2017 at 2:49 AM, Aaroncpfc said:

He can't play and rumours are you now want thirty million for him.

I think that's a reasonable price. Good defender with still couple of years left on his contract. But if he leaves, I reckon he will return to France.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Fighting Cock (yep, that's their forum name) is no different than RAWK. Though, I do find their customised emoticons interesting.

@topic

Matip is really like Agger. Good player with injury troubles. 

I think that's a reasonable price. Good defender with still couple of years left on his contract. But if he leaves, I reckon he will return to France.

Fighting Cock is not our main forum, it's just the one that's quoted because the best ones are hidden. I post on COYS which is the best. SpursCommunity is the biggest.

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Fighting Cock is not our main forum, it's just the one that's quoted because the best ones are hidden. I post on COYS which is the best. SpursCommunity is the biggest.

I guess the same goes for others, as well. LFC has decent forums like This is Anfield, but RAWK gets talked about the most. Anyway, most team based forums are rubbish. One has to toe the line to the popular ideas (football or non-football). One of the reasons why places like this are better.

• Subscriber

Our record against Arsenal is atrocious. We're still yet to beat Wenger in a league game. Could conceivably be our last chance, and it's quite possibly our best.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

The Fighting Cock was a great laugh last season.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived