talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-2 Benrahma FC - Friday 11th December, 2020

football forums

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got to be looking at winning this one. I know West Ham are doing well but these are the games we have to target to win IMO.

Only 1 win out of our first 5 homes so far. Yes we're missing the crowd but we simply must improve on that.

We've lost two centre backs this week which will put a strain on us defensively. Robin Koch in the Chelsea game for what'll be best part of 2-3 months, and Diego Llorente who made his debut after injury last week, already injured again. When it rains, it pours...

On the plus side, Bielsa has named the team and it'll be the first time Raphinha and Rodrigo start together, so quite looking forward to that.

I feel strangely positive about winning tomorrow, I fancy us 2-1, so get your money on a 0-1 West Ham win.

What is this West Ham side doing to Benrahma, he’s playing a different game to the rest of that side mentally. They’re not really a passing side and he’s drifting into positions for 1-2s, on the edge of the box for a drag back. He is hands down their best attacking player and they don’t even know judging by how they’re playing. Bowen has two settings, cut and shoot or drag wide and cross. Doesn’t even look at Said.

Its like you and your missus went travelling round the country every week in the UK and another geezer snatches her up, she moves onto the different geezer in California but he spends all day indoors getting stoned.

• The title was changed to Leeds 1-2 Benrahma FC - Friday 11th December, 2020
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Good lad Stan, there aren’t many players in football that can make you fall in love with the game like Benrahma can.

Considering he's the only player to have ever played for West Ham, they're doing alright.

Just fuck off to all you sides with lanky streaks of piss in your team.

Getting fucking pissed off having zero height in this side and having to flap like fuck everytime a corner or free kick comes in the box.

Surprise surprise, yet again, 2 more set piece goals. It's so, so basic.

So here's an idea. If we're struggling to deal with height, don't give away unnecessary free kicks or corners?

What does Helder Costa fucking do? Stupid, stupid free kick...bang, Ogbanna. Game over.

Angriest I've felt after since coming up here. I can accept mistakes in the circumstances but not the same one's.

We played poorly, we were totally predictable in attack and didn't mix up the play enough and we got what we deserved. 

We're paying for our naivety up here and it's wearing a bit thin. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Getting fucking pissed off having zero height in this side and having to flap like fuck everytime a corner or free kick comes in the box.

So here's an idea. If we're struggling to deal with height, don't give away unnecessary free kicks.

What does Helder Costa fucking do...

Angriest I've felt after since coming up here. I can accept mistakes in the circumstances but not the same one's.

We played poorly, we were totally predictable in attack and didn't mix up the play enough and we got what we deserved. 

We're paying for our naivety and it's wearing a bit thin. 

Not trying to rub anything in but I’m glad to see you angry again just because you’ve been too happy this far into a season 😅

Very unlike your normal performances tonight like you say, a one off or are things turning a bit?

23 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not trying to rub anything in but I’m glad to see you angry again just because you’ve been too happy this far into a season 😅

Very unlike your normal performances tonight like you say, a one off or are things turning a bit?

I think that's because we've always been under pressure to go up and now the expectation is relaxed because we shouldn't do anything other than stay up. But that fucking got to me tonight. Hate conceding basic goals and not learning from it.

I can accept with the players we have (many of them overperforming) how we play (leaving ourselves exposed) and lack of experience at this level that we will find things tough. I know we'll lose more than we win. But we're in danger of becoming a bit too predictable IMO. 

I didn't think we actually cut West Ham open that much tonight. Not enough variety in our play. Usually we are great at creating the overlaps out wide for our full backs but that didn't happen.

The goals are drying up too which is a problem when you let in piss easy goals. Our chance to conversion rate must be up there as one of the worst. Need to improve that.

27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So here's an idea. If we're struggling to deal with height, don't give away unnecessary free kicks or corners?

What does Helder Costa fucking do? Stupid, stupid free kick...bang, Ogbanna. Game over.

We're paying for our naivety up here and it's wearing a bit thin. 

38F3FC81-A45A-4BF5-A963-AA10D9652A7B.jpeg

Archived