talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Tottenham - Sunday 13th December, 2020

football forum

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Reminds me of those United games a while back under Mourinho. Score a goal and shut up shop hoping for the best. Then decide maybe you should attack when the opposition score. Classic Mourinho.

Ironically, it was the 5-3 game against Spurs in 2015 where it changed Mourinho to revert to those tactics. 

Always said that was the day the very best of Mourinho died. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it helped Palace's momentum that Zaha was a menace all game. Aurier in particular looked scared to touch him.

Makes you wonder if Jose feared giving away a pen and had a chat with him because he didn't dare make a challenge.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Zaha was a menace all game. Aurier in particular looked scared to touch him.

Makes you wonder if Jose feared giving away a pen and had a chat with him because he didn't dare make a challenge.

Thought Eze was better than Zaha. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Performances like that are also why there’s no chance we can keep pace with Liverpool over a full season. Not consistent enough. 

Tbf this is a weird season, I doubt the league winner this season - whoever it may be - will have been anywhere near as consistent as the champions from the last 3 years.

I think the 3 most likely contenders are you, Chelsea and us. So I’m hoping it’s us, and if not us... then you. Anyone but Chelsea or the Manchester clubs please.

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Thought Eze was better than Zaha. 

Quite possibly he did, but my point was having Zaha be quite attacking seemed to put you on the back foot.

Perhaps Eze benefitted from that.

I'd be a bit frustrated to draw that when you see the last 5mins that you had real threat when you attacked.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Quite possibly he did, but my point was having Zaha be quite attacking seemed to put you on the back foot.

Perhaps Eze benefitted from that.

I'd be a bit frustrated to draw that when you see the last 5mins that you had real threat when you attacked.

I think it was Eze drifting into the spaces between Sissoko/Hojbjerg and the defence that really made it uncomfortable for us. 

It’s so frustrating - we sat in and didn’t kill the game off 

Just now, Storts said:

I think it was Eze drifting into the spaces between Sissoko/Hojbjerg and the defence that really made it uncomfortable for us. 

It’s so frustrating - we sat in and didn’t kill the game off 

Always the danger when you sit on the lead. Maybe they are the kind of games someone like Lo Celso needs to play going forward.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 1-1 Tottenham - Sunday 13th December, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
16 hours ago, Storts said:

Will be a completely different game on weds to be fair.

We won’t come at you like Fulham did ffs 

Which is a shame actually because if you did, with the likes of Lo Celso, Son, Kane and Bergwijn, you could really scare them.

Archived