The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 Matches - 28-30th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh I’m not sure we didn’t romp the league only because everyone’s a bit shit.

I think it’s the best Liverpool side of my life coinciding with the league having loads of money but other than us or City, not loads of quality.

Like I said, it could be better. But you missing your CBs doesn't make it a shit league. If you were missing them, and then perhaps 1 or 2 of your lethal front 3 for any significant time of the season and then you still won the league, then I'll probably be in more agreement with you.

Heard all this a thousand times... 

"We need a new RB.. TAA isn't good enough and we can't rely on a teenager"

"Henderson is shite, has no business being at our club"

"Ffs why have we signed a Chelsea reject, Salah is such an uninspiring signing"

Honest to fucking God, cant some people give players a chance before either totally writing them off or screaming for new signings? Phillips and Williams have literally played a handful of games and here comes the cavalry. 

Have some fucking faith lads. It takes time for players to develop. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Like I said, it could be better. But you missing your CBs doesn't make it a shit league. If you were missing them, and then perhaps 1 or 2 of your lethal front 3 for any significant time of the season and then you still won the league, then I'll probably be in more agreement with you.

It’s substantially change how our defensive line is and how much we press, I’m surprised we’re still in first tbh.

Especially with shit finishing like that

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Honest to fucking God, cant some people give players a chance before either totally writing them off or screaming for new signings? Phillips and Williams have literally played a handful of games and here comes the cavalry. 

Are you shouting in an empty room again? 

Back to the game; that was poor by Salah 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

No offense, but fuck off I’m not at the match I’m just entitled to bitch and moan it’s not going to hurt the players feelings.

We might not have a squad like this for a very long time, especially while I think we’ve got a real opportunity to get another league title this season... relying on kids to take advantage of what could be a fleeting moment is probably going to bite us in the arse.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh I’m not sure we didn’t romp the league only because everyone’s a bit shit.

I think it’s the best Liverpool side of my life coinciding with the league having loads of money but other than us or City, not loads of quality.

I also wouldn’t say we’re just lacking a CB. It’s our first choice CB pairing and it also takes one of our best midfielders out of midfield. I think we’re pretty far from our best right now but still apparently the favourites. Seems strange to me

I think you added this bit after I initially quoted it but it really shouldn't be strange that you're favourites. Not sure if you're intentionally downplaying any chance of being title favourites so that if it doesn't happen you can then say 'I told you so' but it's clear as day to literally everyone else in the league that you're favourites even with those absences. That's how strong you are and I think that's the bit you're missing. You can still be the strongest even with some players missing. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No offense, but fuck off I’m not at the match I’m just entitled to bitch and moan it’s not going to hurt the players feelings.

We might not have a squad like this for a very long time, especially while I think we’ve got a real opportunity to get another league title this season... relying on kids to take advantage of what could be a fleeting moment is probably going to bite us in the arse.

No fuck it, let’s give anybody a game at centre half cause they might turn out to be really good further down the line. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Are you shouting in an empty room again? 

Are you crying 'cos wi ant signed nobody'?

Sorry my opinion falls on deaf ears but listening to you crybaby bastards all the time becomes tiring. 

We've lost about 6 games in 3 years, made players world class, got youngsters into the team, won everything ... yet still the same old faces moan moan fucking moan. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I think you added this bit after I initially quoted it but it really shouldn't be strange that you're favourites. Not sure if you're intentionally downplaying any chance of being title favourites so that if it doesn't happen you can then say 'I told you so' but it's clear as day to literally everyone else in the league that you're favourites even with those absences. That's how strong you are and I think that's the bit you're missing. You can still be the strongest even with some players missing. 

We’ve got two clubs with oil money that should be challenging us - meanwhile we’re going to be playing a makeshift defense all season and never our strongest possible midfield. It’s honestly ridiculous if we are still favourites - it does say something about the league tbh.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No offence but you fuck off. Your not the only one entitled to an opinion you fucking bell. Relying on kids is what fergie built his entire dynasty. Give them a chance ffs.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Sorry my opinion falls on deaf ears but listening to you crybaby bastards all the time becomes tiring. 

We've lost about 6 games in 3 years, made players world class, got youngsters into the team, won everything ... yet still the same old faces moan moan fucking moan. 

Big talk from the guy who said he wouldn’t be arsed if we won the title last season xD

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’ve got two clubs with oil money that should be challenging us - meanwhile we’re going to be playing a makeshift defense all season and never our strongest possible midfield. It’s honestly ridiculous if we are still favourites - it does say something about the league tbh.

Can't you just accept you're a really, really good side, the league standard could be improved and you should be winning the league, ergo making you favourites xDxD 

You say 'two clubs with oil money that should be challenging us'. Well, they're not. So it puts you in an even stronger position while you're still top :what:

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

No offence but you fuck off. Your not the only one entitled to an opinion you fucking bell. Relying on kids is what fergie built his entire dynasty. Give them a chance ffs.

Ferguson’s legacy is built on TV money more than anything. And getting way too much stoppage time added in the match that broke their title drought 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Can't you just accept you're a really, really good side, the league standard could be improved and you should be winning the league, ergo making you favourites xDxD 

You say 'two clubs with oil money that should be challenging us'. Well, they're not. So it puts you in an even stronger position while you're still top :what:

I mean we’re a really good side, but it does make me laugh when I see EPL fans call other leagues farmers leagues now.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ferguson’s legacy is built on TV money more than anything. And getting way too much stoppage time added in the match that broke their title drought 

and the refs :ph34r:

Howard-Webb-Man-United.jpg?strip=all

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Says the whinging bastard who follows people around the forum repeating the same shite. 

And oh by the way, the difference between the last two seasons and this one; mass injuries. But apparently having all your senior centre backs injured isn’t justification to want another one in. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Says the whinging bastard who follows people around the forum repeating the same shite. 

And oh by the way, the difference between the last two seasons and this one; mass injuries. But apparently having all your senior centre backs injured isn’t justification to want another one in. 

You cry for new signing every window so ..... try stop fucking moaning and get behind the young lads that are trying to break through. 

6 minutes ago, shut up said:

£80m for Ox and Keita is terrible business in hindsight. One can't get a game ahead of Jones and Milner and the other is always crocked 

Keita is fantastic when he’s actually playing...which isn’t anywhere near enough to justify keeping him at the club for me now. Having two or three injuries this season alone is infuriating tbh, especially this most recent on where he came back for one fucking match and was gone again. Next summer the likes of him, Ox & Matip need moved on because they can’t be relied upon. This season where big players get bad injuries, you really need everybody else to step up but all three just haven’t been available to us and it’s not on. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived