talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 Matches - 28-30th December, 2020

football forum

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean, I 100% think if it was another side and another player grabbed by a keeper like that it’d probably get given.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I'm not so sure. I think Liverpool have had a lot of decisions go their way so to suggest you're not surprised by decisions going against you as if it happens with huge frequency baffles me. I'd say the only other side that is favoured more than you is Man Utd (that Fernandes Villa thing still really irks me xD). 

Promise I’ll stop now.....

25408383-2CB6-4347-9B84-2A757C66FBF2.jpeg

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

No. But no Leeds fan would ever refer to Manchester United as 'United', do that down Elland Road and you'd be decked. You're a fraud, a fake.

Ooohhh, an upgrade now to a fake and fraud. Get in.

Happy New Year to you and the chip on your shoulder x

If Mane had gone down there, VAR would've definitely had a decision to make. Look at the penalty Brighton got against us or we got against West Ham for example and tell me that's not one as well. Same with the West Brom player jumping with his hands on Fabinho's shoulders last week. I'm not going to get too worked up about it because we shouldn't need those to go our way to beat those teams, but the fact they weren't even checked does grate a bit, as does the double standard that no one even mentions them.

I said the other week managers or captains should be given challenges for those incidents where you can't expect VAR to even see it might be worth checking in a short space of time

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Ooohhh, an upgrade now to a fake and fraud. Get in.

Happy New Year to you and the chip on your shoulder x

Pitiful and cowardly, as usual. You have still not addressed my fundamental issue with you. You give it the big I am about being a Leeds fan, but call Manchester United 'United'..

I know you're not a Yorkshireman but surely that would be one of the of the first things you learn. Fuck's sake mate, don't make yourself such an easy target. 

Hopefully Thiago can stay fit. He's only made three appearances but you can already see the huge difference he'll make in games like that if you can get him on the pitch for long enough. It's the sort of thing we're missing with Fabinho filling in at CB. 

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

If Mane had gone down there, VAR would've definitely had a decision to make. Look at the penalty Brighton got against us or we got against West Ham for example and tell me that's not one as well. Same with the West Brom player jumping with his hands on Fabinho's shoulders last week. I'm not going to get too worked up about it because we shouldn't need those to go our way to beat those teams, but the fact they weren't even checked does grate a bit, as does the double standard that no one even mentions them.

I said the other week managers or captains should be given challenges for those incidents where you can't expect VAR to even see it might be worth checking in a short space of time

Liverpool are fighting against the FA/Premier League and English football fans. You won't get any leeway. Even supposed Leeds fans are jumping in on me for slagging off Manchester United, that shows how deep the rot is against Liverpool. You will only win the league by doing what you did last year, if it's close, they will make sure one of the Manc clubs get it.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I agree that if Mane had appealed for it then it would have gone to VAR and they very well might have given it. He probably didn't realise his leg had been grabbed because we know he would have thrown himself down if he realised there was a penalty to be had, seemed that he just thought his leg was just generally tangled up with Darlow.

I'm not buying into this Liverpool having decisions go against them so frequently though. I know that every club feels that way, and I do think you've had a few shitters this season, but most clubs have had several disastrous calls go against them since the start of last season. It's been happening to everyone. I don't even think the not giving of this penalty is up there with the most egregious ones I've seen missed. And my first reaction on the replay was that surely that's not allowed from Darlow.

16 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Pitiful and cowardly, as usual. You have still not addressed my fundamental issue with you. You give it the big I am about being a Leeds fan, but call Manchester United 'United'..

I know you're not a Yorkshireman but surely that would be one of the of the first things you learn. Fuck's sake mate, don't make yourself such an easy target. 

Your fundamental issue is you hate Leeds and you carry several prejudices in life because you've got a chip on your shoulder. You know nothing about no one but you love to hate on the world which speaks volumes about your character. Bitter, negative vibes.

You have no clue about my history with Leeds yet judge me on the fact I don't scream 'Scum cunt' on here everytime I refer to them.

I am the only Leeds fan on here xD I'm not on a Leeds orientated forum. I don't feel the need to consistently type out my hate to prove that to anyone, certainly not yourself. That's why i usually ignore you.

I shall leave it there. I've said my bit. This is about the Football, not us.

Good luck turning over yet another new leaf in the new year. Much love.

• Subscriber

You know what i'll take a draw over a loss and tbf to Newcastle there was probably a chance for them in this to win it and Alisson came up with a save to make sure that didn't happen. Let the players go into the new year, get their bearings straight, get a belting from Klopp and things will be okay. 

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Your fundamental issue is you hate Leeds and you carry several prejudices in life because you've got a chip on your shoulder. You know nothing about no one but you love to hate on the world which speaks volumes about your character. Negative vibes.

You have no clue about my history with Leeds yet judge me on the fact I don't scream 'Scum cunt' on here everytime I refer to them.

I am the only Leeds fan on here. I'm not on a Leeds orientated forum. I don't feel the need to consistently type out my hate to prove that to anyone, certainly not yourself.

Can you come back to the EFL forum so we can argue? Uneasy about this 

Just now, Lucas said:

Your fundamental issue is you hate Leeds and you carry several prejudices in life because you've got a chip on your shoulder. You know nothing about no one but you love to hate on the world which speaks volumes about your character. Negative vibes.

I am the only Leeds fan on here. I'm not on a Leeds orientated forum. I don't feel the need to consistently type out my hate to prove that to anyone, certainly not yourself.

I dislike Leeds but actually I'm a football fan, I have respect for football fans who love their club. I know Leeds United fans, season ticket holders. Their identity etc, none of them would ever call Manchester United 'united'....'united' is Leeds. I don't ask you to say 'scum cunt', but sorry it is absolutely weird that you refer to Manchester United as 'United'....no Leeds fan would do that, sorry if that upsets you. 

Never mind, I'm sure you're not a bad lad just some dumb southerner trying to geg in on a Northern club because southern clubs just don't have the same appeal. Never will. Football is ours really, and never will be yours. Especially when you're making such basic mistakes as calling your rivals 'united'....come on, learn.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Sad little mates club on here tbh, why has nobody else not got a problem with Leeds fans calling Manchester United 'united'...it is a serious issue?!

We worry about English football losing it's atmosphere, this is precisely why.

Seeing as some of us have posted on here or the old forum for 10+ years this place would have to be full of cunts for there not to be friendships formed.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Seeing as some of us have posted on here or the old forum for 10+ years this place would have to be full of cunts for there not to be friendships formed.

Who are your friends :ph34r:?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Sad little mates club on here tbh, why has nobody else not got a problem with Leeds fans calling Manchester United 'united'...it is a serious issue?!

We worry about English football losing it's atmosphere, this is precisely why.

It's just not though is it? 

I'm sorry mate, I love 90% of your Manc-bashing, Tory-bashing, Southerner-bashing ways but this just isn't a hill anyone should be dying on.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Truth is what we all should be searching for.

And the truth is...Leeds United fans should never, ever call Manchester United 'United''. It is unforgivable, this little twat has come after me even when I wasn't posting and now is being a pussy when I'm back. He started this, and now he's a coward.

Just for posterity, I had no beef with @Lucas but when I took a break from the forum I returned to be tagged about 3 times with him mocking me. He's no victim in this, hr took the piss out of me and I call him out on what I think are fairly legitimate things and he always runs. I am still yet to hear a single explanation for why he refers to Manchester United as 'united'. I realise I'm not in the inner circle on here, but this isn't a one way thing. He totally provoked this. 

Happy New Year.

One positive for Liverpool (if we're allowed to say it on here, being the MEN and Evening News that it seems to be) is how Thiago was in that 15 minutes. If he can complete 90 minutes, or there abouts then I think Liverpool will only improve from here on in. And they will have to, the whole country is willing Manchester United to win it, they rejoice in serious injuries to their players...this will be Liverpool's greatest ever challenge. 

Some massive performances last night. 

On occasion we lost our way, but otherwise good passing, good movement, players in space and well connected. It was a stark contrast to bus parking where you can't even get out your own box. Being realistic it's because they had a couple of Championship lads in the team but we did well.

Yedlin, Clark, Fernandez, Schar, Wilson and Matty Longstaff were very good.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived