• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 Matches - 28-30th December, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

The last ones of the year!

all matches on Amazon Prime Video

Monday 28th December, 2020
821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png Crystal Palace vs Leicester City image.png - 15.00

1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png Chelsea vs Aston Villa 1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p - 17.30

everton.PNG Everton vs Man City 1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png - 20.00

Tuesday 29th December, 2020
1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p Brighton vs Arsenal 1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png - 18.00

Burnley_FC_badge.png Burnley vs Sheff Utd 220px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png - 18.00

1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png Southampton vs West Ham 1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png - 18.00

1200px-West_Bromwich_Albion.svg.png West Brom vs Leeds 1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png - 18.00

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png Man Utd vs Wolves 1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png - 20.00

Wednesday 30th December, 2020
e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpgTottenham vs Fulham 1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png - 18.00

image.png Newcastle United vs Liverpool 155.png

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I can see him making a few changes for this and I think Palace might have a reaction after two appalling results. Wouldn't be surprised by any outcome here. Reckon we might even start Iheanacho.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

I can see him making a few changes for this and I think Palace might have a reaction after two appalling results. Wouldn't be surprised by any outcome here. Reckon we might even start Iheanacho.

Under starts I reckon. Maybe Hamza too as well. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Those kick off times are wrong @Stan for some reason that's what I thought they were too, but the three games are in that order, albeit at the next slot. We're 3pm.

Cheers mate. Corrected. 

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, N U F C said:

The second of our three game run where it's all about damage limitation.

3-0 Liverpool.

Dont think its as straight-forward as that really. We have to contend with an injured Matip and that generally upsets the defense. I still think we can win here but I dont think you'll wont score.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Dont think its as straight-forward as that really. We have to contend with an injured Matip and that generally upsets the defense. I still think we can win here but I dont think you'll wont score.

It's not a bad game for you to have to contend with injuries in. We are the worst team in the league without St. Maximin in my opinion. There's zero threat going forward and you're bound to score a couple at least.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, N U F C said:

It's not a bad game for you to have to contend with injuries in. We are the worst team in the league without St. Maximin in my opinion. There's zero threat going forward and you're bound to score a couple at least.

Every time I have seen him play I have seen a guy who is capable of running really hard at defenses but his end-product really lets him down at times. only time will tell what the final outcome is but I get the feeling we'll get scored on and have to rely on the attack prowess to put at minimum two goals in to stay comfortable and close out a lot of matches. This leaving it to a single goal worked really well last season because our defensive line was extremely good and didn't leak as many goals as we have this season. 

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Every time I have seen him play I have seen a guy who is capable of running really hard at defenses but his end-product really lets him down at times. only time will tell what the final outcome is but I get the feeling we'll get scored on and have to rely on the attack prowess to put at minimum two goals in to stay comfortable and close out a lot of matches. This leaving it to a single goal worked really well last season because our defensive line was extremely good and didn't leak as many goals as we have this season. 

You're right with what you say but he's probably the only player we have who can make something out of nothing. He brings a bit of spark and excitement with the unpredictability he brings and we are missing him there's no doubt about it. 

Who's likely to play centre-back for you then?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, N U F C said:

You're right with what you say but he's probably the only player we have who can make something out of nothing. He brings a bit of spark and excitement with the unpredictability he brings and we are missing him there's no doubt about it. 

Who's likely to play centre-back for you then?

For the moment its going to be Fabinho and Rhys Williams. I am probably making it more than it is considering Fab has been rather good at the back but I think Matip has had a hand in that considering he's an actual CB so he is able to offer a bit of stability. 

The local paper seems to have turned on Bruce now. His comments that the fans are hysterical, something he also called Villa and Sunderland fans, has proven to have been the final straw for them. 

Every time he opens his mouth he makes things worse. He is palpably loathed now. Such a large part of it is self inflicted. How dumb do you have to be to try and say I'm one of you one sentence and the next slate everyone.

Why the fuck would you call your own fans hysterical? Why the fuck would you make that mistake for a third time? It can only be this "ex pros" bubble he lives in. 

He desperately needs a result to start the process of moving on from this. If it doesn't come here it won't shorten the time any further because no one expects anything, but we have Leicester and then Arsenal in the FA Cup next.

1 minute ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

The local paper seems to have turned on Bruce now. His comments that the fans are hysterical, something he also called Villa and Sunderland fans, has proven to have been the final straw for them. 

Every time he opens his mouth he makes things worse. He is palpably loathed now. Such a large part of it is self inflicted. How dumb do you have to be to try and say I'm one of you one sentence and the next slate everyone.

Why the fuck would you call your own fans hysterical? Why the fuck would you make that mistake for a third time? It can only be this "ex pros" bubble he lives in. 

He desperately needs a result to start the process of moving on from this. If it doesn't come here it won't shorten the time any further because no one expects anything, but we have Leicester and then Arsenal in the FA Cup next.

Calm down. You sound hysterical.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I tell you what, I would not be surprised if Villa went and turned Chelsea over today. That is going to be a very interesting game.

With any luck. Want to see arrogant Frank squirming.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I tell you what, I would not be surprised if Villa went and turned Chelsea over today. That is going to be a very interesting game.

Won't happen... We will do our usual and pull out all the stops after that dreadful Arsenal performance as if to prove a point and then everyone will be Chelsea back on track etc... Then we will go on and lose against City

• Subscriber

No returns for Digne, Allan, Rodriguez or Richarlison so this promises to be another ugly performance from us in all likelihood. The best thing we can do is soak up the pressure and frustrate them like we did to Chelsea and Leicester. We have a threat on the break. Bernard made a difference when he came on against Sheffield United but I'd prefer to see us start Anthony Gordon again. I'd fancy our chances on the counter attack normally but I'm not optimistic as Calvert-Lewin has been running on empty and we don't have a huge amount of pace out wide. Hopefully we keep the same back four and Carlo isn't tempted to put Coleman back in. Holgate and Godfrey are doing just fine in the wide positions and with their full backs bombing on we need to defend those areas.

My gut says this is a game too far for us but it's not impossible for us to nick a scabby 1-0. It's not been pretty but to win five in a row in the league including Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester and Man City without Digne or Rodriguez at all, Richarlison for the last two, Allan for the last three and a half, other key players like Doucoure and Calvert-Lewin playing basically every minute without a rest, a League Cup game against Man Utd thrown in for good measure, well that would be a superhuman effort, and we deserve a lot more credit for this run even if we lose this one.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived