talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 Matches - 28-30th December, 2020

football forum

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

If that’s true then I’d like to see some real punishment for City. How has this ended up happening merely hours before? Surely the players were tested yesterday? 

Not just punishment for City, but real questions asked of the Premier League not to include the other club who's actually playing?! 

It's a real concern that the communication here has gone to shit. How does the opponent in question not get considered or liaised with about it until after the decision? Doesn't make sense to me.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah, if you lot could take this conversation to the Premier League Covid topic and not match day, that would be great.....

It relates to a match that would have happened today though xD 

Don't blame us for your game with Villa not being that entertaining :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Stan said:

That phrase throwing lots of shit at the fan and some is bound to stick comes to mind!

What's funny is that we could go on and win this and it virtually does nothing but paper over the cracks of a completely clueless team performance with only one strategy up top in whipping crosses until it connects. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not just punishment for City, but real questions asked of the Premier League not to include the other club who's actually playing?! 

It's a real concern that the communication here has gone to shit. How does the opponent in question not get considered or liaised with about it until after the decision? Doesn't make sense to me.

Why would Everton be involved? If City have an outbreak in the squad and it's not safe to play the fixture this afternoon, what would Everton's stance on the subject change? If they want to ask for City to forfeit (which would be within their rights), fine, but I'm struggling to see why they should've been consulted about going ahead with the game this afternoon.

As for punishing City, if there's evidence of rule-breaking, fire away, but you can't just punish people for getting a virus during a pandemic.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Why would Everton be involved? If City have an outbreak in the squad and it's not safe to play the fixture this afternoon, what would Everton's stance on the subject change? If they want to ask for City to forfeit (which would be within their rights), fine, but I'm struggling to see why they should've been consulted about going ahead with the game this afternoon.

As for punishing City, if there's evidence of rule-breaking, fire away, but you can't just punish people for getting a virus during a pandemic.

Obviously it's only punish if they broke the rules. I didn't mean flat-out rule.

In terms of Everton being involved, I'd have thought it'd be at least a courtesy to speak to them about it as opposed to only say the game is cancelled after the decision is made. 

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

The question does need to be asked why this comes to light so late in the day though?? You can't tell me that teams are getting the all clear on players just hours before kick off that would be silly.. and if they are getting results a day before and know they have to exclude certain players surely they can bring in players that are cleared to play instead.. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

The question does need to be asked why this comes to light so late in the day though?? You can't tell me that teams are getting the all clear on players just hours before kick off that would be silly.. and if they are getting results a day before and know they have to exclude certain players surely they can bring in players that are cleared to play instead.. 

This was always going to happen with so many games in a short space of time. Bit different when it's one same a week

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Obviously it's only punish if they broke the rules. I didn't mean flat-out rule.

In terms of Everton being involved, I'd have thought it'd be at least a courtesy to speak to them about it as opposed to only say the game is cancelled after the decision is made. 

I'm not being deliberately awkward, but genuinely why? Are the Premier League going to change their mind if Everton say they'd rather play? Everton's input shouldn't matter at all, and also there's an argument that telling them it might get postponed would be an unwelcome distraction if it did go ahead.

22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I'd think you'd want to leave it as late as practical to test players. We also don't know how long Manchester City have been talking to the Premier League for

Just now, Happy Blue said:

It's time to sort these Toffee bastards out! ..lack of strikers is a worry, Jesus has Covid and Aguero is not 100% (when is he these days) Pep's going to have to carry on with the 4-2-3-1 too because Rodrigo is a cunt!! 

The game's off mate.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived