• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 Matches - 28-30th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'd love to know how they figure this out. If the rest of their players have tested negative then there's no risk so in that sense that makes this any different from having 5-6 players injured. We couldn't have cancelled the game by saying we're missing Digne, Delph, Richarlison, Rodriguez, Gbamin and Allan. Why does Covid make it different? And if teams are allowed to postpone games because they have too many cases, what's the number? You've got to be very careful setting a precedent like this or teams start taking advantage of it. Don't think they won't.

Whatever, it's good for us anyway with the aforementioned players missing, the shitty schedule we've been given over Christmas and the lack of opportunity for us to rotate the squad. 

• Administrator

Do Man City not have enough other players to play if they've tested negative? 

What's the actual rule for amount of players to be missing/unavailable for a game to be called off? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd love to know how they figure this out. If the rest of their players have tested negative then there's no risk so in that sense that makes this any different from having 5-6 players injured. We couldn't have cancelled the game by saying we're missing Digne, Delph, Richarlison, Rodriguez, Gbamin and Allan. Why does Covid make it different? And if teams are allowed to postpone games because they have too many cases, what's the number? You've got to be very careful setting a precedent like this or teams start taking advantage of it. Don't think they won't.

Whatever, it's good for us anyway with the aforementioned players missing, the shitty schedule we've been given over Christmas and the lack of opportunity for us to rotate the squad. 

Collective shitting of ourselves. I'm convinced we'll look back on it in future and think what an overreaction.

• Subscriber
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

No point playing a high line and assertive against a team that exploit everybody that tries doing it. Man of the match so far has been Roy Hodgson.

I dunno, hard to give him that much credit when we've missed a penalty.

• Subscriber

Maybe it's right to be cautious but what a pile of shit for the 2,000 fans who won the ballot and got tickets tonight. Won't be many more games at Goodison before the country goes back into a national lockdown which will probably put an end to fans at games for the rest of the season so they've probably missed the one game they'd get to see.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm torn on this because I do get the argument about squads, but if covid's going round the camp and they don't have control of it (which seems to be the case), there is a good chance of more cases that haven't been picked up yet and you run the risk of passing it into the Everton camp.

32 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Man City get a nice break now then. Guardiola has moaned about the schedule..

Be a fixture pile up later in the season at some point though. You'd imagine Chelsea also gets postponed now too? I'm not sure how many free midweeks there will be if they go deep into the Champions League.

Possibly League Cup semi as well?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived