• Administrator

Kick-off 17.30

Live on BT Sport

everton.PNG      vs     1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Recent Form
Everton - WLWWW
West Ham - DDLDW

Last 3 Meetings
30/09/2020 - Everton 4-1 West Ham (EFL Cup)
18/01/2020 - West Ham 1-1 Everton
19/10/2019 - Everton 2-0 West Ham

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Soucek continues his 100% record of scoring when he's on my FPL bench.

That's pure luck for West Ham but we've run the risk of that happening by creating absolutely nothing to be honest.

Richarlison has been invisible tonight, should have taken him off and left Bernard on.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Soucek continues his 100% record of scoring when he's on my FPL bench.

That's pure luck for West Ham but we've run the risk of that happening by creating absolutely nothing to be honest.

Richarlison has been invisible tonight, should have taken him off and left Bernard on.

If you bench Soucek you get what you deserve.

• Subscriber

Utter garbage. We've made that so easy for them. Allowed them to suck us into a low tempo game of chess when that game was there for the taking if we got at them more. Didn't look like we had it in us today which shouldn't be the case because we had the extra rest. Maybe West Ham did a better job of getting their players to bed early last night than us, we had no answer for them physically in the second half.

14 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

The more I watch Richarlison play, the less I like his football. 

I'm gonna be honest - I see a lot of hype for Brazilian talent in the domestic league but everytime they go to Europe they aren't great. The last truly good player we've seen succeed in Europe was Gabriel Jesus. It's a bit odd because Argentina gets a lot of slack for the lack of talent they produce but they've had more success in Europe lately than Brazil has.

The fact Fluminense's Marcos Paulo is highly rated says it all for me. He's extremely average and he's apparently valued 15M.

Ecuador is higher on the ladder than Brazil nowadays when it comes to young talent. 

• Administrator

Just seen the goal. Very fortunate but Soucek in the right place, right time and it's what happens when you get players in the box. He's a decent player for West Ham.

The game overall was pretty shit.

Reminded me of our game at Everton on NYD a couple of years ago. Funnily enough we won that 1-0 as well through some fortune.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I'm gonna be honest - I see a lot of hype for Brazilian talent in the domestic league but everytime they go to Europe they aren't great. The last truly good player we've seen succeed in Europe was Gabriel Jesus. It's a bit odd because Argentina gets a lot of slack for the lack of talent they produce but they've had more success in Europe lately than Brazil has.

The fact Fluminense's Marcos Paulo is highly rated says it all for me. He's extremely average and he's apparently valued 15M.

Ecuador is higher on the ladder than Brazil nowadays when it comes to young talent. 

Why do you say such stupid things sometimes? This is obviously not true 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Everytime?!

Firmino, Coutinho, Marcelo, Bruno Guimaraes, Neymar...

That's just a handful who succeeded when they came over to Europe even if they didn't go straight to a top club.

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 West Ham - Friday 1st January, 2021
Just now, Stan said:

Everytime?!

Firmino, Coutinho, Marcelo, Bruno Guimaraes, Neymar...

That's just a handful who succeeded when they came over to Europe even if they didn't go straight to a top club.

Fair enough on Guimaraes. I forgot about him.

Neymar, Firmino and Marcelo was ages ago. Since Neymar, there hasn't been many. I like Gabriel Jesus but he's not a top class player. Vinicius and Rordrygo I do not rate, and the full backs that go to France fall off the face of the Earth. What happened to Jorge?

Argentina gets a ton of shit for not producing enough but that's not fair on them, they don't have a top squad like before but players like Lautaro and Rodrigo De Paul are impressive and they deserve a bit more credit.

It's a shame but South American football is falling behind even further. 

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I'm gonna be honest - I see a lot of hype for Brazilian talent in the domestic league but everytime they go to Europe they aren't great. The last truly good player we've seen sudceed in Europe was Gabriel Jesus. It's a bit odd because Argentina gets a lot of slack for the lack of talent they produce but they've had more success in Europe lately than Brazil has.

I agree that young brazilian players are, at many times, overrated. I disagree to the notion though that Brazil doesn´t develop talent anymore. There´s still plenty of good brazilian players, all over Europe. What we may not have is a generational talent. 

If you just take Premier League, there is  Raphinha, Douglas Luiz and Martinelli. All still young and already quality players. 

On the particular case of Marcos Paulo, he´s not so highly rated. I mean, he´s considered a good prospect, but one of many prospects. The most hyped brazilian prospects are the likes of Gabriel Verón, Gabriel Menino, Patrick de Paula, Jean Pyerre, Pepê and Brenner. Oh and actually, João Paulo has already commited to defend Portugal at the international level.  

We´re above any other south american when it comes to young talent, if anything because our population is way larger. The talent pool is huge.

• Subscriber

Not every player has to become world class to live up to the hype. Plenty of Brazilian players come to Europe and have perfectly successful careers across the top flights of the major leagues playing at a higher level than they would have been if they stayed in Brazil.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Fair enough on Guimaraes. I forgot about him.

Neymar, Firmino and Marcelo was ages ago. Since Neymar, there hasn't been many. I like Gabriel Jesus but he's not a top class player. Vinicius and Rordrygo I do not rate, and the full backs that go to France fall off the face of the Earth. What happened to Jorge?

Argentina gets a ton of shit for not producing enough but that's not fair on them, they don't have a top squad like before but players like Lautaro and Rodrigo De Paul are impressive and they deserve a bit more credit.

It's a shame but South American football is falling behind even further. 

Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo haven't been around for that long. 1 or 2 years max?

I'm surprised you don't rate them given their obvious talent. They're still ridiculously young too so they have plenty of time to become successful. 20 years old both of them? If that?

Just now, El Profesor said:

I agree that young brazilian players are, at many times, overrated. I disagree to the notion though that Brazil doesn´t develop talent anymore. There´s still plenty of good brazilian players, all over Europe. What we may not have is a generational talent. 

If you just take Premier League, there is  Raphinha, Douglas Luiz and Martinelli. All still young and already quality players. 

On the particular case of Marcos Paulo, he´s not so highly rated. I mean, he´s considered a good prospect, but one of many prospects. The most hyped brazilian prospects are the likes of Gabriel Verón, Gabriel Menino, Patrick de Paula, Jean Pyerre, Pepê and Brenner. Oh and actually, João Paulo has already commited to defend Portugal at the international level.  

We´re above any other south american when it comes to young talent, if anything because our population is way larger. The talent pool is huge.

Marcos Paulo is highly rated by a lot of the people I follow on Twitter, but yes I'm aware Fluminense fans aren't the biggest fans of him. I agree with them, he's not good enough and will move to Europe to become serviceable for mid-table La Liga sides. 

I worded it wrong by the way. You definitely have talent. However it's worrying how little generational talent you're producing, yet Brazilian youngsters always get hyped to the max and go to Europe for 30M+ when they aren't worth half of that. Argentina have similar issues but look closer to new generational talent than Brazil, which is why I said it's unfair.

Brenner and Pepe won't be good enough for a generational talent. Menino and Veron I have my jury out on, as I like them.

And yeah you have a much higher population than the rest of South America, that certainly helps you keep a consistent talent pool, but at the same time you live off reputation a bit. My point regarding Ecuador goes to the fact they qualify for every youth tournament, and even win some of them. They won the U20 Sudamericano, qualified for the U17 World Cup, and IDV won the Copa Sudamericana. Brazil did win the U17 World Cup though and Flamengo the Libertadores so it's not far apart, but it's worrying how little they qualify for tournaments. They failed to qualify for the last 2 under 20 World Cup's and only reached U17 because they were hosts. They went out first round in the Sudamericano. Moises Caicedo and Gonzalo Plata are awesome and I'm sure they'll become closer to elite than some of these young Brazilians to be honest.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo haven't been around for that long. 1 or 2 years max?

I'm surprised you don't rate them given their obvious talent. They're still ridiculously young too so they have plenty of time to become successful. 20 years old both of them? If that?

Rodrygo I didn't think was all that even at Santos though to be honest.

Vinicius I liked at first when he was at Real Madrid but he's not progressing for me. Just a talented player that can do a bunch of tricks but not impact the game too much.

Tim Vickery actually said something regarding that a few years ago, and he's not wrong. Basically he said that Brazilian defenders do well in their league and then struggle in Europe because of tactics. Brazilian teams like to play a low line and it's slower. It was something like that. I am overly critical on Brazilian managers. Every time a foreigner comes to manage in Brazil they finish in the top 3, because the rest are just outdated. P,laying in Europe requires a lot more.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Not every player has to become world class to live up to the hype. Plenty of Brazilian players come to Europe and have perfectly successful careers across the top flights of the major leagues playing at a higher level than they would have been if they stayed in Brazil.

I agree but I think they live off reputation. There are better players in other leagues that cost less than 3M but yet average Brazilians get moves to Europe for stupid fees. I've even heard agents moan about this problem.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived